“Friendly atmosphere”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The staff of this little restaurant greets you with warmth. Staff is wonderful, they can't do enough for you. Would recommend it. The only recommendation would be to have a chicken entrée and they should sell wine by the half carafe, but their wine by the glass is still very affordable

Reviewed 3 May 2014

The owner was warm and welcoming, taking the time to explain the menu and make a recommendation. My cheerfully impaired french was not disdained. The food was great. I had the salad gourmande that made for a perfect light supper. The village of Puteaux where the restaurant sits is a charming area and I will make the area and this particular restaurant one of my "must return to" locales

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We were staying in La Defense Friday the 24th January 2014 and wanted a friendly local restaurant.

Well what can we say this ticked all the boxes, the food was great the service was excellent and the price average.

when we are in La defence again this will be the first restaurant we visit.

2  Thank 123456terry123456
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I loved the comfortable feel, friendly staff, and really great traditional French food. Foie gras was possibly the best I've ever had. Veal shoulder was absolutely perfectly done. Creme brûlée was excellent. Straight-up great food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

During our stay in Paris, my fiancée and I stayed at the Hotel Vivaldi and next to this was a restaurant called Sain Sert Le. We arrived at the hotel just after what would be regarded as lunch but had not eaten properly, so decided to go in here as it was so close and easy. It also looked a cosy little restaurant and had a good French feel to it, good for those looking to immerse themselves in the countries culture. We were seated by a very pleasant man, who also turned out to speak very good English and was extremely helpful. The whole menu was in French without interpretation but without even asking he brought a mini version of the menu over to our table and explained what every meal was in English. He did not just explain what the translation was but also what the meal consisted of, where it came from and a bit of background. He was not rushed, was very thorough and everything was very clear to us, as well as learning a little bit about French cuisine. I would safely say he was most helpful person I think I have ever encountered in a restaurant and he really seemed to enjoy it.
He suggested us a red wine, which was very good and food we had was excellent. My fiancée decided to go for the snails to start, as we felt we should try this at least once. They were better than I thought they would be but probably would not order again through choice - I was glad to experience them though! I had the pate and meat combo, of which he choose the selection for me and it was excellent. We both had the beef and dauphinoise potatoes for our main and the beef was really tender and beautifully cooked. The food really was excellent all round and our only regret over the whole meal was that we were too full for a dessert!
At the end we did not have any cash yet so asked about tipping (via a card payment) and what the correct percentages were for Paris / France and true to form where we had thought it a bit too high, our waiter was honest and told us so, telling us to tip a bit less.
Food is obviously the main factor for any restaurant and the visiting of it, of which it was delivered quickly here and was all delicious. But a huge factor in our visit was the truly outstanding service we experienced right from start to finish. A great restaurant all round and well worth a visit if you are in the area.

1  Thank DJC026