See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 February 2006

I stayed in this hotel in February 2006. I booked through an English tour operator and, having read reviews on this website, I telephoned to confirm my reservation the day before I left. There was no problem with the reservation at all.

The hotel is nice, if a little run down, and comfortable. I found the staff polite and helpful. The lady at reception during the day was comfortable with English and French and courteously asked which language we preferred.

The hotel is close to a large financial district in Paris and so there are services like a shuttle bus to meetings for those who are staying for that reason. We ate at a local restaurant one night and it was filled with locals. It was well priced, lively, authentic and served good food.

Date of stay: February 2006
15  Thank Inspire1149
Reviewed 11 October 2005

We stayed at the Princess Isabelle and found it to be comfortable. I had been worried after booking I read the reviews that people had problems with their bookings but we did not find this to be the case. Staff very pleasant. The rooms were quite small but to be expected in Paris. Breakfast was buffet style. There was a choice of good eating places close by which were reasonable priced. Metro station just a few minutes walk direct to all the main sights Arc de Triomphe, Louvre etc. Would recommend without a problem.

Date of stay: September 2005
8  Thank silvdust
Reviewed 3 August 2005

Stayed at this hotel as said provided free parking and it did, stayed for 2 nights after driving from Le Harve, La Defense is right at the end of the motorway from le Harve. Got a parking space right outside and left car there for 2 days with no problems.

Got a nice clean room with view to Eiffel Tower, ask for top floor, the rooms all have names, might have been "Blois" but not sure. About 10 minute walk from metro station, various restaurants/cafe's in area, reasonable Italian across the road. 15 minute metro ride to Paris Centre, easy.

I would recommend this hotel, after all you don't want to be sat in a hotel all day when you have the whole of Paris to explore

Date of stay: September 2003
7  Thank Kaf68
Reviewed 24 May 2005

When i read the other reviews in regards to this hotel i was slightly worried but i was very pleased when i arrived last friday. I stayed in paris with my boyfriend for the weekend and booked through a local travel agent. The princesse isabelle is a pleasent, well maintained typical 3 star hotel and i was overall very happy with both the facilities and the hotel staff. The area, La Defense is fairly quiet but has all the basics and is nice for people who dont like to be in main tourist areas. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it.

Date of stay: May 2005
7  Thank Lexxuk
Reviewed 17 April 2005

We stayed in this hotel for along weekend - Friday to Tuesday. We found it a very welcoming hotel with comfortable clean rooms and very helpful hotel staff. It is situated in a quiet part of Paris, which helped for a first time visitor to France.

The breakfasts were of continental styling, there was plenty of it and a good choice of crossaints, jam, bagettes, cheese, ham and eggs. Accompanied by tea, coffee and fruit juice. Although the hotel does not serve an evening meal they will willingly order from their sister hotel for food to be brought in.Just yards away from the hotel are cafes that serve fries, steaks etc.

This was our first visit to Paris, so we have nothing to compare this hotel with. But we would gladly recommend this hotel to anybody using it as a base to look around Paris

Date of stay: April 2005