“Very good choice”
Review of Hotel Vivaldi

Hotel Vivaldi
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Puteaux
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We booked this hotel on short notice for a weekend getaway. Main considerations were reasonable prices (via hotel website!), parking possibilites (7,50 Eur per day), nice area and good connections to the city center. Hotel Vivaldi fits all and much more.
The staff was very helpful and friendly. The complimentary buffet-breakfast was all I could ask for offering baguette, croissants, jams and cold cuts, cheese, juice, joghurt, eggs, ham, cereals... They would have served it in the room if we had preferred so. The room was clean and nicely furbished with airconditioning and safe. With about 1km walk to Metro Station "Esplanade" (or "La Defence") on the yellow line this is equally suited for business and leisure. The neighborhood was nice, clean and safe - the town hall and a some shops just around the corner.
Minus points: the shower is pretty small and the free Wi-fi connection can be a bit of a hassle (login procedure has to be renewed every 4 hours). Our room (#300, ground floor) was adjacent to the small terasse where people would smoke and chat and have breakfast or drinks in the evening. That meant some noise and smell.

We had a very pleasant stay and would come again - hopefully soon!

Room Tip: ask for a room on the 1st floor or higher....Ground floor is adjacent to the terrace or to the recep...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nana81

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Excellent location, easy to drive to. Rooms are small but functional and clean (walls a little thin so you can hear your neighbours). Parking is safe and in-expensive (7.50Euro per night). Great breakfast included with your stay. One subway line to the main sights. Great restaurants near by. Fantastic and extremely helpful and friendly staff. Best staff I have met at a hotel in a long time.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

A lovely little hotel in Paris. It is about a 10 min walk from the station in a cute little neighbourhood - but also in the 'bank -London' area of Paris so it is pretty dead in the weekend. It is def convenient as you are on the main line so everything in metro world is close. The hotel staff are so nice and incredibly helpful. The hotel rooms are very clean and modern and Homely. The only downside is the rooms are small, breakfast is nice but basic and the walk to the metro is safe but in the weekend at night the route is very quiet so wouldn't want to do it alone.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I stayed a couple of nights for an early August Paris stopover to see an old friend. I was pleased with the reception when I had a late check in after 10pm, well received with a smile and no fuss. The location was in Puteaux which is close to amenities and shops but still has a slight residential and local feel which gives a little local atmosphere which I prefer.

For a three star the room was great, not the biggest room, but more than adequate for my needs, clean and well maintained with a standard double bed, safe, TV, WIFI, minibar, etc and air conditioning. No tea making facilities so take note Brits :-) Lovely soft and clean bedding and the whole room looked like a studio with designer chic. Nicer than a lot of other hotels I have stayed in.

The room I stayed in was on the 4th floor (top) and very little noise experienced during my stay. Air conditioning worked wonders during the 31+ degrees Celsius heat in Paris that weekend. Wifi is free and decent (relatively painless to sign up with your name and email)

Continental breakfast was served in my room free of charge on my first morning. I opted for the complimentary Buffet breakfast on my second night, get there early for a decent seat and avoid the rush. Like other reviewers have stated, there is no separate dining area, so is a little cosy but a decent spread and options, again you can have continental breakfast brought to your room for no extra cost.

The Town Hall is very close by with a lovely fountain and a small park, perfect for a few laps to jog in the early morning before breakfast to work up an appetite.

Metro and business district is quite close by, recommend get there during daylight for the first day at least so you can find your way about.

If you wish to venture outside to eat there are various local takeaways, pizza and cafes, a boulangerie and also a Carrefour City branch which seems to be more prominent these days in Paris (great for reasonably inexpensive food and drink when you go out sightseeing)

Had a great stay at the Vivaldi and would definitely consider staying there again when I visit Paris in the future. Thank you to all the staff who made me feel welcome. Well recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I am so glad that I chose to stay in this hotel rather than the others. the Vivaldi is just a few minutes' walk from the Metro, which to my husband and I is already a big plus point. The room we had was not too big, but sufficient for a short stay. The things that this hotel provided, which were also the most important for us, were cleanliness and hospitality. These made the stay ever more pleasant. Oliver, the night-shift staff, spoke excellent English, and he took the time to chat with us to make us feel welcomed and our stay valued. We will definitely come again when we visit Paris the next time, and will also recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I stayed 3 weeks in this hotel and every single day I was amazed by the kindness of the Hotel staff. Laura speaks english and many other languages perfectly and always receives you with a big smile. The Hotel is very well maintained and the complimentary breakfast is delicious. The bedrooms are small when compared to Hotels in US, but they are new, clean and nicely decorated.
The next door is a very authentic French restaurant that you can enjoy all traditional French food at very decent prices.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Rogerio P
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I don't think we've ever received such a lovely warm welcome. Our room was on the top floor, and I have to say, it was perfect. Ok, not the biggest room and a standard sized double bed, but the bedding was luxuriously soft and the whole room spotlessly immaculate. It looked brand new! What made this hotel special, however, was the "can-do" attitude from the staff. Nothing was too much trouble, and they really did make our stay more enjoyable, from booking restaurants for us, to giving advice on the best way to get around Paris. Free wifi in the hotel, and reasonably priced drinks (compared to the rest of Paris!). Breakfast is a little cosy, shall we say, as there is no separate dining area, so it's served in the reception lounge. However, for no extra cost, we had breakfast brought to our room, which was a nice touch. Overall, had a wonderful stay at the Vivaldi - thank you to all the staff who made our stay such a happy one. Hope to see you again soon!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helibobs666
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puteaux
Hotel le Dauphin
Sofitel Paris La Defense
#2 of 41 in La Defense
Best Western Seine West Hotel
Ibis Paris La Defense Centre

Been to Hotel Vivaldi? Share your experiences!