“Nice Place to be”

Home in La Defense
Hannover, Germany
“Nice Place to be”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

It was a nice change to a stay in a Hotel. I has enjoyed it during my job at de la Defense exhibition set up. It was a close walk and a pleasure to come home at night and been able to prepare some food. Thanks Lionel!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Parissy, Propriétaire at Home in La Defense, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Dear Maria,

I'm happy to read you enjoyed your stay that combined a business trip with a feeling of being at home, that's the whole idea of my concept.

I hope to see you next time in a near future!

Kind regards

Lionel

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Beijing, China
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Very nice experiene for my stay at Home in La Defense. Spacious room is quite rare in Paris. Clean, with full functional facilities like kitchen wares, washing machine, iron, hair dryer. Good location, not far from Metro and RER station, with shops and restaurant within walking distance to meet daily needs. The owner is extremely helpful. This is my 5 or 6 times to Paris. I rank this stay the best experience. I'll still choose this apartment for next visit.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Basel
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I am quite experienced in Paris as I've been there 5 times. Following other extremely positive review for Home in La Defense we booked studio Miro for 3 nights for a holiday trip.

Studio Miro is quite a small room, but perfect for a couple, besides it is extremely functional. It has its own kitchen and bathroom and everything in about 25-30 square meters. It is equipped with a variety of accessories. In particular we liked new and stylish kitchen utensils and the nespresso coffee machine with plenty of coffee capsules offered by the landlord Lionel. The studio has three windows facing toward La Defense. It is very quite during the night and the skyscapers view is fascinating

The location of Home in La Defense is OK. It is 10-15 minutes walk from the Line 1 Metro station "Escalade de La Defense" and 15-20 minutes walk from the Metro 1 + RER station "La Defense". With respect to other area of Paris I have been living, Puteaux - La Defense is relatively safe. We felt safe also working back around midnight from "Escalade de La Defense".

I highly recommend Home in La Defense. With respect to other places I have been in Paris, it offered a good value for money. Overall we enjoyed very much our stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Parissy, Propriétaire at Home in La Defense, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
Dear David,

Thank you VERY MUCH for your review, I'm really impressed to see how you detailed the studio facilities and the environment, I'm sure it will be very helpful for other travelers.

Next time, you'll be able to enjoy the Calder Apartment if you liked to. Meanwhile, let me wish you a nice end of year 2012!

Kind regards,

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I am relatively experienced in Paris as it was my eighth time there. Following other extremely positive review for Home in La Defense we decided to book 4 night there for a holiday trip. Home in La Defense is an apartment that composed of three en-suite rooms.

We stayed in Miro studio, which is probably the smallest room in the apartment, but extremely functional. It has its own kitchen and bathroom and everything in about 25-30 square meters. It is equipped with a variety of accessories. In particular we liked the iphone dock (it worked well with both iphone 3 but I guess it will work also with iphone 4) and the nespresso coffee machine with plenty of coffee capsules offered by the landlord Lionel. The studio has three windows facing toward La Defense. It is very quite during the night.

The location of Home in La Defense is OK. It is 10-15 minutes walk from the Line 1 Metro station "Escalade de La Defense" and 15-20 minutes walk from the Metro 1 + RER station "La Defense". The metro from La Defense to Champs-Elysees is about 8 minutes and to Gare de Lyon is about 25 minutes. With respect to other area of Paris I have been living, Puteaux - La Defense is relatively safe. We felt safe also working back around midnight from "Escalade de La Defense". Particularly enticing is the skyscrapers view of the area (also from Miro studio).

We went to both the Thai and the French restaurant recommended by Lionel and enjoyed both, particularly the Thai one, even if it is very busy. They are less then 5 minutes away from Home in La Defense. A bakery shop is just down on the street, offering delicious Croissant and Baguettes (but it is closed on Saturday).

Room Tip: Miro studio is probably the cheapest one as it is the smallest. For a couple it is perfect. I have n...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Parissy, Propriétaire at Home in La Defense, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
Dear client,

Thank you for your very detailed review of your stay in Miro Studio. I very much appreciate your precise comments that will be for sure usefull for other travelers.

Next trip, you could try Calder or Cesar apartment which others different views and bigger space. And you could even try the restaurant down the building called "Les petites fermes" that serves good food done with farm products from Normandy.

Hope to see you next time!

Reviewed 13 October 2012

My partner and I stayed in October 2012 for the Arc de Triomphe races. The location was great for any future race -goers like us!!!. The apartment was really nice too and very clean. The gentleman who runs the apartment was more than helpful even doing a few grocery shopping before we arrived. I think, if I had to point out a negative for us, whilst staying at this apartment, was that the area where the apartment was, was a little too quiet for us, with not many cafe's open during the night time and not much night life, unless you went into the main city area, which was for us by metro, was approx 30 minutes away. All in all though a great little apartment and kind to the pocket too. Thank you again Lionel. Joanne and Stephen from Newcastle-upon-Tyne England.

• Stayed October 2012
Parissy, Propriétaire at Home in La Defense, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Dear Joanne,

Thank you for your detailed and nice comment. I didn't even think that I would have guests for the horse races of Longchamp, even though it's true that it's quite close from our place. Regarding nightlife, I must admit that wherer not located where Paris heart beats as we're in the outskirt of the city but on the other hand, it's a quite place to rest after a long day visiting the city.

I hope to see you next time!

Kind regards,

Groningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We (a young couple) thoroughly enjoyed a one week stay at Home in La Defense’s Miro studio.
In our opinion it offers truly great value for money. The Miro studio isn’t big, but it is efficiently furnished, well equipped and charmingly decorated.
The aim for quality and the eye for detail the landlord must possess, was noticeable in almost every aspect.
As mentioned by others (and informed about by Home in La Defense in advance) we wouldn’t suggest the apartment to anyone who have difficulties climbing stairs. But to everyone else, we fully recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Parissy, Propriétaire at Home in La Defense, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Dear client,

I would like to thank you for your very nice comment about your stay. We're definitely trying to reach 2 objectives, offering a personalized "home style" alternative to a hotel and offerting a competitive accommodation regarding to the surface and the services included. We still have things to improve of course, it's why it's precious to have comments from our clients. We hope to see you again next time!

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We are 3 people family and we stayed for 5 nights in Miro apartment. It was a wonderful stay. The neighborhood was very nice, quiet and safe. Next to the apartment it is a bakery and 5 minutes walking distance it is a supermarket.
The apartment is very clean, nice decorated and spacious. It is equipped with a small kitchen where you can find everything you need. Also free coffee, tea and sugar is offered. The single weak point that we found is that the building has not an elevator.
The location it is 10 or 15 minutes walking distance of the subway station named Grande Arche de La Defense where it stops RER A and M1. With M1 line it is easy to reach the Triumph Arche, Champs Elysee Boulevard, Louvre Museum and many other Paris attractions. RER A is a direct line for Disneyland Paris. For Charles de Gaulle Airport it is necessary to change the train at Chatelet Les Hales station.
The landlord is a very nice man. He speaks English language very well. He was very helpful and advised and suggested us visiting routes. We travelled with our eight years old son and we forgot the sleeping puppet of our kid when we left the apartment and Lionel was very kind and sent it us by mail.
We already recommended the apartment at our friends. If we will return in Paris, we will choose the same location for sure.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Parissy, Propriétaire at Home in La Defense, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Dear Matei,

It has really been a pleasure to host you with your wife and your little boy for the week of Paris discovery. I'm happy that the Puppy found its way back home, very precious friend at this age. See you next time, maybe in our next apartment CESAR that is going to be opened this month.

Best regards,

Lionel Latham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puteaux
Sofitel Paris La Defense
Fraser Suites Harmonie Paris La Defense
Hilton Paris La Defense
Hilton Paris La Defense
#5 of 41 in La Defense

Been to Home in La Defense? Share your experiences!