“simple restaurant”
Review of Bistrot la Vitrine

Bistrot la Vitrine
Reserve with
Bistrot la Vitrine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$13 - US$39
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Yokohama, Japan
“simple restaurant”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Located in the main street in the village. Has some tables outside, had dinner inside on the second floor. I just got something simple , a steak with fries and mashed potatoes and a coffee with some sweets and it was simple, nothing tasted exceptional. The food was ok, The restaurant is busy so better go early as there may not be many options around.

• Visited June 2014

Gagetown, Canada
“It was OK”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Located on a very busy single lane street in Roissy-en-France it is an easy walk from all the large hotels. We sat down to have the traditional meal while we watched the world go by. And the world does go by located meters from the road on the right and the side walk seperating you from the main resturant we did get to watch the world go by and were not disapointed. There is smoking at the tables outside so be aware.

As for the food it was my first meal in France so we went simple and traditional since we still were getting over the flight from Canada. A hamburger with cheese and fries was 14 euros and had the same quality as any fast food resturant.A 10 inch pizza was also 14 euros. I had the cheese pizza with blue cheese. I have never seen so much cheese on a pizza, it was ok, I am glad I had it but would not order it again. Wine ranged in price from 3.5 to 9 euros per glass.

The server was a nice young man but missed on filling up my wine glass, I would have enjoyed a couple more if he was on his game. The bathroom was clean.

Overall it was average. There are a few other spots I will try before I go back.

Randy

• Visited June 2014
Alameda, California
“Last night in Paris”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed at a hotel nearby for an early morning flight. We walked through the town looking for a restaurant and found many closed or empty at around 7:30. Then we saw LaVitrine which was filling up fast. We were seated on the 2nd floor which was quiet. I order a lamb dish with eggplant which was incredibly good. I have tried to recreate the eggplant back home but cannot.. The lamb was ground and made into a patty covered with an eggplant ratatouie. My husband had a chicken dish which is said was good but not special. He did think my dish was extraordinary. It wasn't terribly expensive. The staff were very nice.

“Nope.”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Missed the mark by a long way. We chose this restaurant on the basis that most others in the area were closed that evening. Nice of them to stay open but perhaps they shouldn't have. There were dirty dishes on many of the tables, dirty glasses littering the upstairs bar, and a general atmosphere of chaos. Still, a dirty restaurant is better than no dinner, so we stayed.

We had friendly service but found it slow and confused; our order was not taken for ages, then eventually two people tried to take our order. The one who finally did take it, forgot to bring our drinks. We were told certain menu items were unavailable, then listened as the table next to ours successfully ordered them ten minutes later. Add to this the centrepieces on each table which kept toppling over as waiters tried to walk past, and the atmosphere was pretty chaotic.

Most importantly, the food was inconsistent. My friend ordered spaghetti bolognaise which she said was absolutely delicious. It was also huge, and reasonably priced. I ordered a (reasonably priced) t-bone steak done medium with frites; I was given a small chunk of beef steak with no bone in, so bloody it was in a pool of red before I even cut it, and skinny fries that looked like they had been refried after going cold and were so hard they shattered under my fork. Luckily, the wine was decent so I consoled myself with a glass of that.

Finally, check your bill. We were told no bill was necessary - go ahead to the till, they "knew what we ordered". We happened to check the receipt after being told our amount since we were sharing the cost, and found we'd been charged for a starter we didn't order or have. The problem was rectified with a smile and no fuss, and I'm sure it wasn't deliberate - just another sign of a restaurant that's not coping.

1 Thank Caramarieg
Bengaluru, India
“Charming”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

La Vitrine is a quant and charming restaurant near the village centre. Had the preserved duck and the roast pork which were both very good. The place is a short walk from the Suites Novotel were I was staying. Friendly staff. All-in-all a great dining experience.