“Very nice rooms not too far from CDG airport”

Crowne Plaza Paris - Charles de Gaulle
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I had to stay overnight between flights out of Paris CDG and got a good rate to stay at Relais Spa hotel, so I gave it a try. Be warned that it's about a 20 minute shuttle ride to/from CDG, and that they only have shuttles every half hour, so you need to factor that into any planning. That being said, the lobby was very modern and nice, the spa and pool were also. I had a very large room by Paris standards, all with new furniture, large king size bed, a 50" TV, modern design furniture with a kitchenette. The bathroom even had a separate room for the toilet and a separate tub and shower (with a rainfall shower). So, for the price I paid, it was a very good deal. I did eat at the restaurant, but unfortunately the food was rather unremarkable - not awful, but not great either, certainly not compared to what you could get for the same or less money in Paris city. I had much higher hopes for the food based on the rest of the hotel. That being said, though, I would stay here again if I had a stopover at the airport if I could get a similar price on the room I had.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on as high a floor as possible
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 March 2013

We had reservations for a premium room, when we checked in they changed our room and they put us in a handicapped room. Sub standard for what we paid for. Manager the next morning said they were full, so what happened to our reservation? Will never stay there again. Very disappointed as it was our first trip to Paris.

Room Tip: You take your chances here.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rrwidow
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Stayed here the night before a return flight to the USA. The room was terrific - very spacious and clean. Huge bathroom with separate shower and tub and towel heater. Also toilet was separate from shower/sink area. Has a kitchenette which was convenient. Beds were super comfortable!! Loved the pillows and comforters.

Loved that they offer a shuttle to and from the TGV station at CDG - this was a deciding factor in our choice. It was ~10 minutes from the train station/airport to the hotel at night, and 15-20min in the morning. We were very lucky and only had to wait <5 min for the shuttle the night before - as it starts to run only every 30 min in the late evening. They also start running the shuttle around 6am and very frequently in the mid morning when most people need to leave for an international flight.

The staff was just polite rather than super friendly or helpful.

My only complaint is the price of room service. I chose this hotel also b/c they had a restaurant and I knew I would be arriving in the evening and didn't want to bother finding somewhere else to eat. Due to closures on the train route, we were later than planned and arrived shortly after 11pm, and I believe the restaurant closes at 11, so we could order room service until 11:45pm. I appreciated that we could still order, but the prices seemed really high to me. Net, I would certainly stay here again, but would definitely plan to be able to eat before.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pamela M
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Do your self a favour and DO NOT STAY HERE!! I am not one to complain! I am clearly putting this on here so you don't experience the same! Staff do not care! you won't get any joy from them!! An they still getaway with over charging for things on your bill you've never had! Everything about this hotel was TERRIBLE! STAFF DO NOT CARE! WORST EXPERIENCE

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Sianjmor
Reviewed 19 February 2013

On the plus side, the hotel is close to the airport, with free parking and free shuttles. I found the suites quite small and basic for the price, the Executive Lounge was a waste of time, no drinks available and no fresh snacks throughout the day. The drinks and food were expensive in the bar, and beware ordering 2 courses, the starter was delivered the same time as the main meal! Agree with other reviews that staff will enter your room at any time without knocking, so put the notice up!! Try the Irish bar down the road in the Millenium hotel, good atmosphere and good club sandwich. No English channels on the tv, but there was wi-fi in the rooms, and the room were quiet. All in all, an ok place to stay short term.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Alli R
Reviewed 4 February 2013 via mobile

Crazy shuttle drivers, no shuttle after 0:30 from the airport, some of the rooms (like mine) are looking at the cemetery. Very clean, close to the simulator. Fantastically comfortable beds. Very quite hotel. All in all, so-so.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Sonja_d_chick
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Just stayed at the Relais Spa for 5 nights during a fair. First of all, they should change their name. THERE IS NO SPA, not even a health club!! They saying that it would open on 30 January, but people who stayed there before told me that the management keeps saying that. There is no construction going on, so I can only assume that is a management problem. The restaurant is large, but still too small to cater to all the guests. My advice, book a table. On Saturday night we were turned away. Then we went to the bar, where we had a light dinner the night before, only to find out that for some obscure reason, no food was available on Saturday nights. "You can order room service, or go to one of the other hotels in the area" was the comment of the waiter. "And what if I order room service and have delivered in the bar?" was my answer. "You can't". so we went to the Marriott. The first time ever a hotel recommends going to the competition.
The rooms are nice, but badly designed. Many square meters are lost with the large hallway. The closed is VERY small (clearly designed for people staying only night). The materials used are poor, because after only year, the hotel looks worn out in many places. For instance, the halls are full of scratches. Clearly the wallpaper is too fragile.
All in all, a hotel that COULD be nice, but that has serious management issues.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business