“Where is the 5 stars?”

Crowne Plaza Paris - Charles de Gaulle
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Reviewed 1 January 2014

It's the worst hotel that I have visited in the world. You have an employe very rude "Pablo" and impolite. I called 4 times for the towels and 45 minutes to bring me up 2 towels??? I think it is not normal... When I asked why? Pablo told me sorry, but I had a lot of things to do and he spoke me like a dog... I'm so sorry but this is not a 5 star hotel.

The Spa is very good and the swimming pool is very nice!

Room Tip: High floor and view of the park
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Traaveler1982
RelaisSpa, Responsable relations publiques at Crowne Plaza Paris - Charles de Gaulle, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Traaveler1982,
We would like to thank you for your feedback. I am glad to see that your experience at the Spa was satisfactory.
I completely understand your displeasure regarding the service you received. On behalf of the Relais Spa Roissy, I would like to apologize for this incident. Please rest assured that your constructive comments have been shared with the relevant departments and actions have been taken.
I will be very happy to personally exchange with you and will be glad to compensate this experience.
We remain at your disposal and look forward to hearing from you.
Best Regards,
Charlotte

Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

During business travel it's always a good escape to the Spa hotel, great bar' helpful staff special counters for airline staff when it gets too busy perfect letting the "normal" guest not being influenced. The restaurant is on the expensive side; I guess one of the only downsides of the place room are clean and good' but lightning should be controlled by one switch not by lamp' maybe something for the future , great stay

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed there 4 nights, when attending Milipol Exhibition at Paris Nord. Everything was fine, rooms were very comfortable, and clean. Breakfast had all you need. Of course, i would not go there for a holiday, but it was more than I was expected there.

Room Tip: All rooms seem good, it is a very quiet area.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed at a hotel nearby (on the same street) as the Relais Spa hotel would not allow a booking for less than a week when we would be visiting. It took us two days of stopping in the hotel to finally arrange spa time, but my friend and I were finally able to arrange a massage for each of us our last night in town prior to returning to our home countries. To facilitate this, we had to cancel a previously booked excursion, but we thought it would be worth it. To our surprise, when we arrived at the spa for our appointment we were simply told "is not possible". Now I understand the french are somewhat reserved, but what I saw was three people seated behind the counter, no other customers in the spa (not even in the pool), and a manager that absolutely did not care. They did not bother to contact us about the appointment, even thought they had our local contact information, they simply said they had "booking problems". As a note, the computers in the lobby did not appear to be working, and no one was in the restaurant either and it was dinner hour. I'm not sure what they are about, but with so many other hotels on this street - and all of them nice - I certainly would not stay here. Book the Marriott or Mercure for a nice hotel and great restaurant, or the Holiday Inn for a less expensive option.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Grammy L
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

For a great welcome and a free upgrade only to find the wifi in the area was not working. The night duty staff were not prepared to restart the router and seemed to be aware of the problem and had kept quiet. After some argument and demanding for manager I was offered a change of room to another block same night or same block next day. Major inconvenience but worth the trouble. Hotel has very clean environment a nice bar and restaurant. I did not use these. Again the pool looked stunning with glass walls and the view of trees nearby. Very convenient location with free buses to and from terminals at reasonable frequency which means you can get to centre of Paris easily. I would stay here again! But if you are in Paris for the city check out rates as I would chose this place for quality and value.

• Stayed: September 2013
RelaisSpa, Responsable relations clients at Crowne Plaza Paris - Charles de Gaulle, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Lindzeh,

Thanks a lot for your helpful feedback.

I feel sorry to note that most of our services did not match your expectations. Rest assured that your remarks have been sent to the relevant department and necessary actions will be taken. For your information, we are changing our menu at the restaurant and at the bar.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming in a very near future.

Best Regards,

Charlotte- Guest Relation

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed 4 nights, sprained my right foot due to lack of Hotels’ implementation of safety standards.
No wet floor signs and Spa pool safety rules only in French.
Paid cash and still Hotel charged my credit card 18 days later, took 3 weeks to get my money back
My wife’s’ lost scarf was found, lost again, appeared on check out!
Concierge sweet,but incompetent

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leo273
Reviewed 22 October 2013

my wife and i spent our 1st year anniversary at this hotel, it was ok to begin however we ended up paying much more than it stated online. in addition to this we did not get our deposit back for petty reasons, they said my wife's hair was on the floor so that would cost them a lot to remove it, her mascara was on the towel and i think it was her blusher that was also on the floor, i'm sure they can just take a vacuum to remove it, however they wanted to be difficult.

the sauna was dirty all week, the pool was filth, my wife even found a strand of hair on the bed before we even settled in our room, when we reported this to a member of staff she said she does not speak English and was very uncooperative .

they state that the pool and sauna is free, but we had to pay
W.T.F