“Disappointing”

Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Paris, France
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The temperature in the room and hotel in general was cold; we were unable to increase the heat. The staff were friendly but very inexperienced and unable to advise us or help us with many of the amenities of the hotel. The restaurant closes at 10pm and as we arrived at the hotel at 9.50 we were told the only option would be room service. We wanted breakfast in our room the following morning but this stops at 10 am. We were disappointed in many ways considering this is a five star hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
RelaisSpa, Responsable relations clients at Relais Spa Paris-Roissy CDG, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Shane K,

Thanks a lot for your feedback regarding your experience at the Relais Spa Roissy.

We are sorry to feel your displeasure and have taken into account your relevant comments that will certainly help us to improve our service.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you very soon at the Relais Spa Roissy.
I wish you a wonderful day!

Charlotte - Guest Relation

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed here a few times with good shuttle service. Rooms are very comfortable but the independent temperature control cannot cool the room down winter or summer. As someone who likes to sleep with cool circulating air I had to sleep with the balcony door open during the fall, winter and summer.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
RelaisSpa, Responsable relations clients at Relais Spa Paris-Roissy CDG, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Airdodo,

We would like to thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay at the Relais Spa Roissy.

We are very glad to read your satisfaction!

I have taken into account your useful observation regarding the temperature in the room. We are working on it in order to match your expectations.

We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Charlotte - Guest Relation
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 7 April 2014

First time here, my non smoking room was disgusting, Nd grubby, I complained about the smell of cigarette smoke on everything and was upgraded to an executive room.
This was as bad as the first, the air conditioning didn't work the bathroom sink wouldn't DF in and the borrowed universal adaptor was broken.
Trying to get Internet access was a nightmare. The ,shop, contained merely nothing and the kettle, dishes etc in the room were locked up and needed yet again another trip to reception to get it opened as the telephone was not being answered.
I went to receptor for the fourth time only to be behind someone else complaining.....not a good experience and I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: My tip is that you don't.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cathieogilvie
RelaisSpa, Responsable relations clients at Relais Spa Paris-Roissy CDG, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Cathieogilvie,

We thank you for the time you dedicated to share your experience at the Relais Spa Roissy. I am very sorry to read that our service did not match your expectations. I completely understand your displeasure.

Please rest assured that I have personally communicated your constructive observations to the relevant departments and necessary actions will be taken very shortly in order to provide a better service.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon in order to live a pleasant moment with us.

I stay at your disposal for anything you may need and will be very happy to exchange directly with you.

Charlotte – Guest Relation
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The hotel room surely makes you feel like home. The induction kitchenette is very useful just in case you need to heat up or prepare meals for yourself. Food here is tasty and portions are generous. The seafood caesar salad is yumm. Proves again that the chefs along with the service associates are the backbone of the hotel...beautiful buildings and lobby can be bought with money , but it is the associates here who are making the difference. Keep up the good work..visiting again in the last week of march..

Room Tip: request for room with balcony (i guess all the rooms are with a balcony)...just check..!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank gardenz
RelaisSpa, Responsable relations clients at Relais Spa Paris-Roissy CDG, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear Gardenz,

Thanks a lot for sharing your positive experience! It is a great pleasure for us to read your satisfaction regarding our establisment and the restaurant! Your feedback is very important to us: it is our best motivation!

Our concept is unique and the aim is to make you feel like at home! All the rooms have a balcony in order to offer you different atmosphere.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you personally during your next stay!

We look forward to welcoming you the last week of March!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and throughout that time we experienced having to ask for clean cutlery in our room as all the knives and forks were dirty when we got to the room. Had to ask 3 times for a dishwasher tablet as there was no cloth or anything to clean dishes with and on each occasion was told that someone would bring one up but they didnt, so I had to walk down to recpetion to only be given one. We didn't have any bowls so had to eat cereal out of a saucepan and had no table to eat our food on. "Kitchenette" was very poor. No oven in the room I booked which became a bit of a problem as there are minimal amount of restaurants near the hotel.
However apart from this the rest of the stay was ok, comfortable bed and pool and spa was class.
Wouldn't choose this hotel again particuarly with the location.

Room Tip: Check for cleanliness particuarly of cutlery.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank StevieJM7
RelaisSpa, Responsable relations clients at Relais Spa Paris-Roissy CDG, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Stevie JM7
We thank you for the time you dedicated to share your experience at the Relais Spa Roissy. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our spa and the bedding. I apologize if our services did not match your expectations. Please rest assured that your valuable comments regarding the kitchenette have been sent to the relevant department. It is essential for us to know your personal needs! We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you another time at the Relais Spa Roissy.
Personal Regards
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 10 February 2014

After spending all day at the CDG airport I finally was sent to the Relais Spa hotel. Seeing poor ratings I was worried my horrible day was continuing. Turned out to be a great stay. Very good room, good food, transportation was excellent.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
RelaisSpa, Responsable relations clients at Relais Spa Paris-Roissy CDG, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Scoot E,
Thanks a lot for your positive comment about our hotel. We are delighted to learn that you have spent a great moment in our establishment.
We hope to welcome you back very soon at the Relais Spa for another surprising experience!
Kinds Regards,
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights from 21-23rd Jan. After I went back to my hometown on 24th I realized that I left my jacket behind in the room. I immediately sent 2 emails to the hotel only to be told they couldn't find it. I don't know what happened as I clearly remember my room no. and where I put my jacket but it just disappeared after I checked out!
Apparently someone who cleaned the room had taken it and as usual they just denied. I travel a lot and can expect that you can find your left behind in other part of the world but definitely not Paris or France. The staff don't even pay afford to look for it. And the security of the room is a problem, my fd just got stolen sth. In the roon when she was not inside. Never put or leave sth. valuable.
I am sure the staffs of the hotel don't read what is commented here, they just simply don't care.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 664ceciliah
Dear Cecilia H,
I am very pleased to answer to your comment. The exchange with our guest is crucial for us in order to improve our offer. We do care about every single issue in our hotel. Our priority is your satisfaction!
The relevant head department officer has been in touch with you and had the regret to inform that nothing was left in your room. I am deeply sorry for that. Regarding the valuable item, in the room there is at your disposal a safe.
We always recommend to our guests to keep their valuable belonging inside of it.
Our team remains at your disposal!
I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you soon at the Relais Spa Roissy.