“Crooks in the front desk are in cohorts with crook taxi drivers”

Comfort Hotel Airport CDG
Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
“Crooks in the front desk are in cohorts with crook taxi drivers”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The shuttle bus runs very infrequently and is always crowded. If your flight leaves early, you will need to get a taxi. This is where our problem arose. We asked the front desk to arrange for a taxi. The front desk crook is in cohorts with the crook taxi driver who showed up. I made the mistake of not asking the taxi driver what the charge was going to be. He did not start the meter. I should have asked him to let us out right away. My mistake. The taxi driver ripped us off. And I bet the crook at the front desk was in on the crookery.

Beware of your belongings. This is not a safe hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My compliments to the owners, this has to be one of the worst I have stayed in !
Nothing good to say about it.
The shuttle service to the airport might be free but it is not nearly worth the money you pay. The rooms are ugly and dirty. The bathroom small and uncomfortable (my toilet doesn't even flush)
The restaurant is downstairs is overly expensive because there is nothing else to eat around the hotel....
I will never stay here again

• Stayed June 2014
Grasonville, Maryland
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We arrived at the hotel by car and checked in. We had 2 rooms booked at 124 euro each. There must have been something going on because most all of the hotels we normally stay at were ether booked or double this price. I rolled the dice for the cheapest and lost. The lifts can only handle 1 person and 2 bags so we had to make several trips to the first floor. One of the rooms we were give we not made up and reeked of tobacco smoke, this was corrected once we pointed it out. The rooms were 9 square meters tops, there was not even enough room between the foot of the bed and the wall to get our luggage by. We opened the window to be presented with peeling paint on the window sill. On a bright note the bed was somewhat comfortable.

Bathroom: The bath is large enough for one person. forget about using the sink if anyone else is in there doing anything else. The toilet took 3 flushes to get even a simple tissue to pass. It was also coming away from the wall. The shower is so small you can't help getting water all over the bathroom.

Bar: How can anyone get away with charging 9 euro for a pint of draught beer??? I can only assume they are banking on travelers wanting to unload their surplus currency. After seeing this we discounted any possibility of dining here. Nice sushi place just down the street.

Airport connection: After dropping off everyone, I asked the clerk about the bus since I had to return the car. She gave me a schedule and explained where to find the bus. After the car was returned, I went to the pickup point at terminal 2 and waited, and waited and waited. After 90 minutes and seeing every other bus come and go I called the hotel. The clerk now states that they are not picking up at terminal 2 but at terminal 3! Very nice that I had a phone to call and find this little bit of information out!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Paris, France
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had booked a twin and were given a double. It smelled smokey. We were then given a second room, once again not a twin. Both the rooms look nice. We were then given a room on the first floor, finally twin beds. Sink in the bathroom not to clean and very ugly poor looking washroom ... Plywood door.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Archie S
Le Mesnil Amelot
Reviewed 25 April 2014

All was ok, except heating system (turned off). Personal very profesional and kind. The room was clean, large, confortable. During the day quite noisy, but quiet during the night. Good quality/price ratio, except breakfast (11 euros).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Firstly This Incredible value for money having booked on the Trivago Web Site, especially as you get free transfers to and from the airport and they serve breakfast from 0500 daily! Highly positive comments last time but this time, I felt they let me down on what I had written previously! Firstly the girl on the desk ast check in was more pre=occupied with taking credit card numbers! Several guests in front of me questioned this as they had paid prior to arrival! People are cautious about this these days! Secondly when I presented my loyalty card-she forgot to give it back to me. There was no offer of a wake up call or advice that dinner was served or breakfast was served or details on the shuttle! WHen I checked out the man on the desk hardly had two words to say, however when a very smart stewardess checked out- he couldnt stop talking. When I asked about the bus to the airport (do I need to book or a ticket) the answer was " when you see it, you take it"! Thirdly, there was no milk for the tea or coffee and the towels had holes in them! Lastly the attention to detail has gone- they still jhave the Christmas decorations on display as of today (13th January)! Dont get me wrong the value is excellent and I would go again but they need to maintain their previous standards!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Halifax
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed as part of a coach trip. We were a little annoyed that we were given two twin rooms instead of a family room, especially as the conjoining doors were locked. This was quickly and easily remedied with a trip down to reception. We decided to have a drink while we waited...that was the only drink we paid for in the hotel, the price was extortionate!
The rooms themselves were small but clean and the beds were comfy. As we were only there to sleep we needed nothing else.

The breakfast buffet held a wide range and we were sufficed each morning once we were finished.

The staff were very polite and friendly and were always willing to help.

If you need a base for Paris, Disneyland or surrounding areas, and just want to crash for the night times, then this is perfect.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family