“Worst service ever”

Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Barcelona
“Worst service ever”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I never write negative review, but this time I have to share 3 things I experienced with their service.

1) Information on their web site, as well as on many booking site says this hotel has shattle between hotel and Airport terminal 1, 2, 3, but they have one only between terminal 2, despite there is even sign at terminal 1, says there's shuttle to this hotel. I waited 1h at terminal 1, shuttle never came so I had to take a cab (20 euro). After arriving hotel, receptionist said oh sorry we have shuttle only between terminal 2..

2) at 1:30am, someone else accidentally came into my room.
Apparently, this hotel gives people a cardkey which has access to another room!

3) At the hotel, there is time table for the shuttle to go to terminal 2. It says every 15 mins. Even though I came before the time that table says, I waited 30 mins. Finally one mini ban came, not a bus as they say on their site, so many people could not get on through we waited already for long time.
I asked driver when next one's coming he said, 30 mins later.
People became furious, but neither driver nor receptionist cared.
I had to take a cab again to airport as didn't want to miss my flight.

So here is my advice. This hotel may appear a resonalble one in booking site, but that costed me 40 euro plus in the end.
If you still want to stay, you better wake up 1-2 hours earlier than you supposed to, as you cannot rely on their timely shuttle service.
And be prepared for the unknown visitor after midnight.. Hope this helps.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank VanessaGonzzales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
Clermont, Florida
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Rooms are extremely small and we barely fit in the room with our luggage. When in the room for the night we stacked our luggage against the door to make room to get to the bathroom easier in the night. Which came in handy later. Not many dining options in the area but should have made the effort to go out. Always trying to avoid eating hotel food because of high cost low quality we made a choice and ate there. Buffett mistake number 2! Woke up at midnight cold sweat of food poisoning setting in for a long night. Fortunately I travel a lot and had medication to take but not before spending the majority of the night in the 4x4 bathroom praying to the porcelain god! Was concerned we were going to not make our flight out the next morning we tried to head out as soon as I felt stable. Wanting to make sure we were going to the right gate my wife asked the driver of the hotel shuttle if he knew what gate Air Canada was located. He acted a little miffed and said 2F. In actuality it is 2A and I feel he purposely delivered us to the furthest gate from our destination he could. A big fellow with short crop hair, I even tipped him 2 Euros. I have no doubt this was intentional. Gave the French a bad representation from what we experienced around the country. Also no toilet paper when we checked in. Stay away

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Artifactdealer
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The shuttle bus runs very infrequently and is always crowded. If your flight leaves early, you will need to get a taxi. This is where our problem arose. We asked the front desk to arrange for a taxi. The front desk crook is in cohorts with the crook taxi driver who showed up. I made the mistake of not asking the taxi driver what the charge was going to be. He did not start the meter. I should have asked him to let us out right away. My mistake. The taxi driver ripped us off. And I bet the crook at the front desk was in on the crookery.

Beware of your belongings. This is not a safe hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My compliments to the owners, this has to be one of the worst I have stayed in !
Nothing good to say about it.
The shuttle service to the airport might be free but it is not nearly worth the money you pay. The rooms are ugly and dirty. The bathroom small and uncomfortable (my toilet doesn't even flush)
The restaurant is downstairs is overly expensive because there is nothing else to eat around the hotel....
I will never stay here again

• Stayed June 2014
Grasonville, Maryland
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We arrived at the hotel by car and checked in. We had 2 rooms booked at 124 euro each. There must have been something going on because most all of the hotels we normally stay at were ether booked or double this price. I rolled the dice for the cheapest and lost. The lifts can only handle 1 person and 2 bags so we had to make several trips to the first floor. One of the rooms we were give we not made up and reeked of tobacco smoke, this was corrected once we pointed it out. The rooms were 9 square meters tops, there was not even enough room between the foot of the bed and the wall to get our luggage by. We opened the window to be presented with peeling paint on the window sill. On a bright note the bed was somewhat comfortable.

Bathroom: The bath is large enough for one person. forget about using the sink if anyone else is in there doing anything else. The toilet took 3 flushes to get even a simple tissue to pass. It was also coming away from the wall. The shower is so small you can't help getting water all over the bathroom.

Bar: How can anyone get away with charging 9 euro for a pint of draught beer??? I can only assume they are banking on travelers wanting to unload their surplus currency. After seeing this we discounted any possibility of dining here. Nice sushi place just down the street.

Airport connection: After dropping off everyone, I asked the clerk about the bus since I had to return the car. She gave me a schedule and explained where to find the bus. After the car was returned, I went to the pickup point at terminal 2 and waited, and waited and waited. After 90 minutes and seeing every other bus come and go I called the hotel. The clerk now states that they are not picking up at terminal 2 but at terminal 3! Very nice that I had a phone to call and find this little bit of information out!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Paris, France
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had booked a twin and were given a double. It smelled smokey. We were then given a second room, once again not a twin. Both the rooms look nice. We were then given a room on the first floor, finally twin beds. Sink in the bathroom not to clean and very ugly poor looking washroom ... Plywood door.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Archie S
Le Mesnil Amelot
Reviewed 25 April 2014

All was ok, except heating system (turned off). Personal very profesional and kind. The room was clean, large, confortable. During the day quite noisy, but quiet during the night. Good quality/price ratio, except breakfast (11 euros).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com