“Excellent Hotel for a standardization meeting”

Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle
Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Paris, France
“Excellent Hotel for a standardization meeting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

I am in charge of standardization for a telecom cpy and attend many meetings around the world.
This time I had to host it.
All the guests were satisfied by the proximity of the hotel, they took the free shuttle (10 min drive) to the hotel.
The bedrooms are quite comfortable.
The meeting room perfectly set and I had no trouble to require an additional video projector.
The daily lunches were really good.
The best part was the price for accommodation and meeting room.

M

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Chandler, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

My two colleagues and I were scheduled to stay at the hotel on 25/01/12 before flying back to the States the next day. Upon our arrival we, along with another couple, were notified that there were no rooms available even though we had a confirmed reservation. The gentleman at the front desk was very apologetic and we were put up at a very nice hotel up the street with transportation provided. However this was not the news we were hoping for after arriving there at 11:00 that night with a flight the next day.

We were also told that a letter of apology would be coming from hotel management the next day. We have yet to see it.

Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

I stayed on 24/01/12 as it was second time just went there to thank the staffs, specially thr front desk such as Benjamin, Celine and Hashim. They were a great help and friendly well trained when I first stayed there back in Sep. 2011 after I had an accident in Paris were I was robbed with my partner from all our money and passports and had to stay for more few days to sort out passports to return home, these people made our anxiety and sadness so much eased we nearly forgot what happened to us. This Hotel is a 4 star hotel but could easily be a 5 star as well as I'm a frequent traveller to Paris and for the last 5 year or more I learnt the hard way how to book a Hotel as you might book an 4* star Hotel in Paris according to UK standard and find out it is just a 1-2 star but this Hotel is lovely 4*+. I can recommend any one to stay here.

Room Tip: all perfect
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

room are ok, bed comfortable, it is getting a bit old, but nothing to worry about.
free shuttle to airport, grocery and restaurant 5 minute walk down the village
reception staff is great, any of them were really helpfull. the restaurant have a decent breakfast buffet, but the team seems careless.
still a good options for a stayover next to airport

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank SKF976
Vlaams-Brabant
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

After missing my plane and having to wait 1,5 days, I was happy to be directed to a hotel with sauna and pool. As it appears I was even more happy to find those open & working :-)
Rooms are efficiently decorated, but old. Windows are locked. I took an upgrade to get into a Ambassador (? not quite sure of the name anymore) room, which is slightly bigger and includes entrance into the special lobby with free drinks. At the overly priced cost of drinks in the hotel and the bar, this is no luxury. On the downscale: I had to ask to replenish the free bar almost every time I went in. But another feat: free wireless access.
Although my room was right above the entrance (were all the shuttle buses pass) I had no complaints at all about noise.
Breakfast and dinner were correct.
The swimmingpool seemed clean, sauna was very simple and small (but efficient), the hammam closed.
Staff was very friendly though and well-informed.
Would I recommend this hotel? No, I think there are nicer places out there.

Room Tip: Take the upgrade so you can enjoy the free drinks & wireless in the special lobby.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Loic L, Gérant at Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, 16 January 2012
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your comment related to the Millennium Paris CDG Airport. It is our priority to give a excellent deserved service to our customers. I have noted that you have taken a CLUB room at the front desk. This has given you the opportunity to enjoy the benfits of the Executive Lounge with Nespresso Machine, Snacks during breakfast and evening and free drinks all day long. I thank you for letting us know that there was not enough drinks and food, immediate action has been taken to ensure that it will not happen again.
I would be please to take care of your next booking and why not discover our Junior Suite of 40 square meters, huge flat screen TV & I-Pod dock station.
I stay at your disposal for anything you may need.

Caen, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the past 3 years and each time we have noticed a very sharp decline in all aspects of the hotel.
The rooms are dark and quite smelly, most of the windows leak when it rain because of the rotting frames, so not only does the rain get in but most of the noise from the planes taking off and the local roads.
The breakfast room was a complete mess with hardly any food and no staff to do anything about it. And finally the bar food took so long to turn up that we actually left before it arrived. The Whole hotel needs a total overall...

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for being such a nice regular guest (3 times as mentionned) and for coming back despite the fact that you mention some points which need to be reviewed. I appreciate your comment related to the smelly atmosphere and the window and I will investigate in order to ensure that such situation does not happen again. I also note your comments regarding our Pub and the breakfast and the fact that you had to wait too long. I have taken seriously your comments and immediate action has been taken.
However and in order to pleased a regular guest I would like to take personaly care of your next booking so please feel free to contact me directly and I will ensure a next perfect stay.

Canvey Island, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

On the surface this hotel is lovely, however it is poorly managed and this really ruins its appeal. We stayed for two nights. On checking in I was really happy with my room, however another person in our party was given a dirty room and had to be moved.

The next morning at breakfast there was no crockery - we ended up eating cereal out of cups and sharing teaspoons. The hot food at the buffet was cold and we had to keep asking for stuff.

The following morning there was no hot water - things go wrong - so we went to breakfast and hoped for a warm shower later in the morning. Problem was that the breakfast buffet was less stocked with food and crockery than the day before. I asked a member of staff for some bowls and he continued to clear tables - again we had cereal in cups, and didn't even try to eat the hot food.

On top of all this the air conditioning didn't work in our room and the windows were locked for security purposes - it was roasting.

We ended up leaving this hotel hot, unshowered and irritated - I wouldn't recommend this hotel for a relaxing break!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

As the manager of the hotel I would like to thank you for your comments and for the fact that you have appreciated our lobby and that you have been happy with the room.I have well noticed your comment related to the breakfast and to the hot water. Regarding the hot water this situation was due to the city and a cut in hot water supply not dependant from us and information was given at front desk and in the lifts. We have also implemented a separate area for breakfast of groups which will give more fluidity. I have also well noted your comments related to the air conditioning which surprised me as we have a fully new air conditioning unit. As mentioned the windows are locked for safety reasons. I would be pleased to show you our "Savoir Faire" during your next stay. Please feel free to contact me in order to organize your booking.