“Went above and beyond to accommodate us !”

Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle
Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
San Francisco, California
“Went above and beyond to accommodate us !”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I normally don't write reviews, but must in the case of this hotel. This hotel is a class act; and receives top marks.

My husband and I arrived at CDG at 7:30 AM and found the shuttle bus to the Millennium convenient and easy to locate. When we arrived at the Millennium at about 8:30 AM, far ahead of the check-in time, I explained to reception that my husband had a terrible cold, was feeling awful, and we really needed a room so that he could rest. We were given a luxurious and very comfortable room (for the equivalent of $74 USD per night) immediately, and were in our room by 9 AM.

The gracious (and bi-lingual) hotel staff saved us, and we were able to get into a quiet room early and get plenty of rest. The hotel has recently been renovated, so I think a couple of the other reviews written are a little outdated.

The Irish pub (the restaurant is closed for dinner on weekends, by the way) in the lobby was great, with yummy burgers and good beer. We ate a really good and reasonably priced dinner. The rooms and the hotel were clean, well-kept, safe, and quiet. I was especially impressed by how large our room was and the Internet connection was very quick. The next morning, we didn't want to pay for a buffet breakfast, and I went to the restaurant and asked if I could purchase two croissants. The restaurant host told me that I could go to the buffet and help myself to a couple of viennoiseries/croissants for free ! I was very grateful and this event was just one more wonderful quality of this outstanding hotel. I was so impressed by how gracious and accommodating the entire staff was.

I've traveleled to Paris dozens of time on business and have taken my family there as tourists, and I can say that this is the best Paris hotel airport out there. And the value for the money cannot be beaten. This is an A++++++ hotel, all the way. And I'm grateful to the hotel staff for looking out for my husband when he was ill.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was quiet, comfortable, very spacious, and clean.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Easy access with the airport shuttle service to the hotel but an early departure means taking a taxi. Everything from the bar to the hallways and rooms is a little shabby and worn-down. Bu the frondeskk staff goes out of its way to help. We'd ordered a taxi for 4.45 AM to make it to the airport by 5 AM. When we came down to the lobby the desk informed us that the taxi could not guarantee that they'd pick us up in time even though the reservation was made the afternoon before. So a staff member drove us to the terminal. Above and beyond what we'd expected.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Loic L, Directeur général at Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for comment and I am delighted to see that the entire team was fully devoted and that one of our staff member has organized your transfert at the airport with the hotel shuttle. It is our upmost priority to ensure that our guests are happy and we know how stressing it is to catch an early flight.

I have well noted your comment related to the fact that the hotel was not up to date in term of decoration. I am pleased to let you know that we have been successfully rated 4 stars with the new french classification. On top of it we continue our maintenance and redecoration program to ensure the best deserved service.

I remain at your disposal for any future stay.

Yours Sincerely,

Loic Legrand
Hotel Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I booked this hotel for an overnight stop at Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris, France when travelling with my son. It is a clean hotel with very good airport shuttle service. We arrived before check in time and left our luggages and returned to the airport for lunch. I think I would stay here next time I am in Paris and just commute to the center of the city for fun.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Not really a four star anymore but you can tell this use to be a very nice hotel.The carpet is tired, the rooms are clean but slightly dated but no more than you would expect in this price range. The pool is nice and heatedand they also have a sauna and a great gym.The reception staff is very nice and helpfull.
Regarding the pub you wait a long time as they are understaffed and the Pub"s food was awful and pricy..but there is some stores nearby..it's just a 5min walk there is a super market, news paper store, pizza and sushi place and a bakery where you can have the best croissant, pastry and baguette yum!
The rooms are bigger than any hotel room you would get in Paris.There is also a mini fridge, an electric kettle in the room and a "free" safe.They have a shuttle service every 15 min. to CDG and they also have an electric board at the front desk that tells you when the next shuttle arrive, (that is so convenient). I just wouldn't recommend this hotel for light sleepers as you can hear people talking and running in the corridors.I stayed there for 5 days and will certainly go back.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Rethymnon, Greece
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I have stayed at the Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle with my husband for one week in March 2011.The hotel is near the airport and it's quiet and the service is quite good. The rooms were very clean and simple and the reception staff was kind and helpful but the staff at the restaurant -where we had our breakfast-seemed a bit anxious. There is a lovely pub called "Passepartout" where you can enjoy a light meal and have a drink.You have to use the means of transportation to go to the centre of Paris but after the first day you will get used to it.If you are a party of 4 you can sometimes share a taxi on your way back.Some days there was a bus from the hotel that could take you to the nearest metro station(check with the reception if that's still on or if they stopped providing it).Anyway the hotel was our basis for our lovely stay in Paris. We had a great time ,the weather was very good and the city of Paris is something you can never get bored of. We visited a lot of sites such as the Louvre Museum,the Centre Pompidou,the Musee d'Orsay, the Notre Dame church, the Montmartre and the church of Sacre Coeur,the Eiffel tower e.t.c. and of course we had a lovely little evening cruise down the river Seine using the so called "bateaux mouche ".During your stay in Paris you should try the macarons at the "la Duree" and the hot chocolate(the best I ever tasted)at the Angelina cafe at the Rivoli Street(rue de rivoli).

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eva3278
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
Reviewed 28 July 2012

we chose this hotel because we would be spending 24 hours at the hotel and intended to have 3 meals there. so we went upmarket from our usual 3 star budget to a 4 star thinking we would get some decent restaurant options. big mistake. service was very poor, the menu (which was identical in the restaurant and bar) was very limited in the options available, and the food quality was very poor - wilted and brown lettuce in the salads, lukewarm bun in the burger and a bacon burger that came without bacon. breakfast was not too bad if you don't mind cold scrambled eggs. the room was ok, but if you plan on reading in your room then best take a flashlight as the lighting was very poor. the only bright spot was the check-in and reception desk where the service was fast and friendly.

Tranent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2012

stayed here for two nights at the end of 16 day holiday in brittany and normandy. arrived quite late on forst night having spent day at D-day attractions before driving over to paris. parked hire car in underground car park free of charge for the night and checked in which was done by friendly helpful staff who spoke good english.

room was large and clean and of a decent standard. had quick shower and went downstairs to the hotels irish bar which does food until 2am. wish i had driven to a mcdonalds it was that bad and overpriced. the service was awful waited over an hour for food and twenty minutes for a drink. be prepared to pay around 9 euros for a pint of lager and 28 euros for a bottle of wine. tried to pay bill and that was just as confusing as the guy had lost our order so had to ask us what we had. if i had been thinking quicker i would have said a packet of crisps and a coke but instead gave him exactly what we had and paid the outrageous bill.

drove the ten minutes to the airport in the morning and dumped the hire car before jumping on a train into paris where we spent the day nad night before retunring to the airport by train at midnight. there we jumped on the regular free coach service back tot he hotel which we again used for getting back to the airport for our flight home.

a great hotel for using the airport and getting into paris but do not venture into the irish bar unless you are either desperate or rich