Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle
Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Montreal, Canada
“Nasty”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

One night stay, turned into a nightmare. I never saw so many stains on a wall before. We were scared to touch anything in our room. The bed had a thin white sheet on it and you can see the nasty brown mattress underneath. We opted to sleep on top of the duvet. The window would not close in our first room and the clerk instead that it was normal to hear the noise and whistling wind from outside! My wife had to get upset, and they finally changed our room, and guess what? No outside noise! The guy was so rude, he spoke to me like I was hearing things, because I had nothing better to do then go room hopping at 1am.
And this hotel has a 4 star rating! Who rates these things in Europe?!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Kyiliv, Ukraine
Reviewed 22 September 2013

a bit old hotel, but good location, room is big enough, helpful staff, free shuttle to CDG, there is also a bus from the hotel to the Paris center 5Euros one way, free wifi, the breakfast is sufficient

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

1 Thank Viktor R
Nanaimo BC
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Don't stay at this hotel - the lobby and restaurants on the main floor are beautiful - just don't leave the first floor - it is a dive!!! the hallways were beat up and stank, the carpets are long overdue for changing - the rooms are worse! The curtains were falling down - the carpets were filthy - the room safe didn't work - the toilet ran all nite - the beds are old - the bedding and towels was pretty new but the 2 pillows were tiny. Thank god my friend brought glade room air freshner so we could spray the rooms - they were gross! This place is 10 years overdue for a renovation - We do have to say though that the Breakfast that was included was amazing - and the shuttle to the airport was very convenient as well.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank likedtheHola
The Woods
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I attend a trade fair twice a year in Paris but usually stay in the centre. This time I made the mistake of deciding to stay out by the airport and then compounded it by staying here!
This place is badly in need of a major restoration.
The foyer is not to bad but the lifts are very "hit and miss" , in fact, only one was working at all. The communal areas upstairs are dingy and scruffy with multiple rips, tears and repairs in the walls and carpets.The rooms are of a good size and clean but, again, the decorations are very warn with scuffs and marks all over the walls.
The TV in my room was without a remote control and it was impossible to operate it with the buttons on the set. This situation was not rectified until it had been reported 3 times.
In general, the staff were polite and attentive but there is no way they should be advertising this Hotel at this level or charging these prices.
I have never stayed in a Millennium Group hotel before and, after this experience, will think twice before I do so again.

Room Tip: Wait until it is renovated
Switzerland
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed 1 week on business and to be honest I only stayed here because the regular hotel I usually stay in was full. Heard loads of bad reviews from my colleagues but never the less my experience was ok but the hotel could do a lot better.

* Reception staff was helpful
* Breakfast was poor considering it's a 4 star hotel. The second day of my stay had nothing to eat! They literally ran out of breakfast and nobody brought more food out and this was only at 7:50am.
* Unfortunately one lift was out of order and the other one wasn't easy to use. Many people had issues with it. (it's one of those card system one) There are stairs for the fit and able bodies!
* Room was ok, but it certainly didn't look like the picture from the web page. May be 10 years ago.
* The shower was terrible. I have seen better in a 3 star hotel.
* Restaurant was ok but not a lot of choice. You better off going into the Roissy village and find something.
* There is parking on site. It cost 20 Euro but most hotels charge you around the same.
* There is a nice bar!
* Try to avoid rooms close to the entrance of the hotel. It tends to be quite noisy at night, 1am etc.... from smokers....

I think the hotel needs a refurbishment, rooms needs some work. I will only stay here again if all else fails.

Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed at the Millennium CDG a couple of weeks ago. Upon arrival I was told that they needed to block 600 € off my credit card as a security deposit. It would not be charged, just blocked, and then cancelled if I hadn´t run any other charges at the hotel. This is quite normal practice, so I was fine with it. I did not accumulate any other charges at the hotel, so at check out I was assured the deposit was cancelled.
However, when checking my account after five days, I realized they had charged my account both with the bill AND the deposit! When I called the hotel, they told me I had to write an e-mail to the front office and justify my claim with a scanned receipt. Luckily I still had the receipt, so I sent it, and indeed the deposit was paid back to my account. But if I hadn´t noticed? Or if I didn´t find the receipt?? I wrote to the hotel again, asking for an explanation, but nothing heard. If you stay at this hotel, be very careful!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Loic L, Responsable relations clients at Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Guest,
We are sorry for the inconvenience you had due to the mistake of our Front Desk Team.
Please be sure that we have taken the appropriate actions to avoid this kind of issue.
Best Regards
Domenico P.
Front Office Manager
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I stayed here since my company gets a good rate from the Millenium chain (I guess). My last stay was better. The service was pretty poor both times (pretty minimal responses to my questions and poor service in the pub).

My biggest complaint was that the window to my room was broken into (the lock was smashed). I complained twice about it and both times they said they would send someone, but nobody showed up till I wanted to go to sleep. If someone had wanted to break in (again) to the room they could have just climbed in. (If I was really worried I would have swapped rooms...but it shows bad service).

The shower has a sign that says "make sure the shower curtain is inside the tub"...well, of course...except that the curtain stops an inch above the tub, so there was a large puddle of water on the floor when I was done. Very silly design.

The black shuttle (the one serving this hotel) was the least frequent the night I arrived; it really adds a lot of time to the trip. Also, it drops you off at terminal 2; if you want to get to terminal 1 you need to take the airport tram which adds time.

1 Thank Chris U
Loic L, Responsable relations clients at Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Dear Sir,

we are realy sorry and concerned that your last stay wasn't as good as your first stay with us.
We have given all informations to the concerned manager to improve the service and also to correct the problems you reported in your room.

Please contact me directly if you may have a future reservation in our hotel in order to make sure that your room is prepared in checked by myself in advance.

Best Regards