“Needs refurbishing”

Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
sydney
“Needs refurbishing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

From the moment you step out of the elevator to walk to your room, the walls are stained, carpet is worn and looks quiet grubby in sections. Enter you room and you see the same, Bath has enamel chips, toilet seat also has enamel chips and is rusty in sections. Arriving at 7pm we were looking for something to eat, but restaurant was closed from 7th July to late august, Informed by staff that restaurants 5-10 walk. As it was raining asked about an umbrella but informed hotel does not have any. Dashing in the rain, noticed other hotels patrons with umbrellas from those hotels.
Plus side room was decent size and free shuttle was supplied and runs regularly and on time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

My partner and I stayed in your hotel on two occasions recently. I have also stayed with you two years ago. The CDG Millennium is very good value for a 'near Paris' hotel. The rooms are well proportioned, and the included breakfast is excellent. For anyone needing accommodation at CDG airport, I would highly recommend your premises.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Sydney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Check in was friendly and quick however the room was tired and hallway was a bit musty. I was exhausted after a 14 hour flight so only wanted a shower and to sleep, which is why I booked this hotel on a low rate despite previous reviews. The hot water wasn't coming on and after calling reception I was told they would check and let me know. 30 minutes later no call back so I called again, reception still checking with maintenance and would call me back. Again, 30 minutes later still no call, so I called a third time and was told it was a hotel wide problem "not just my room", which was mentioned several times making it seem like I was being precious for asking about it. I understand maintenance issues happen so I waited another 45 minutes and within this time the roof started dripping in the entry of my room so I called to tell reception. Again I was met with "not just your room" with no offer of moving or any time frame on when it would be fixed. I stated I was exhausted and shouldn't have to wait for hot water, and would be leaving if I cannot be given a time frame of when it would be fixed, in an hour or tomorrow morning. They said they would call back. They did 20 minutes later and stated they still don't have a time frame but the guy was working on it so I said I would check the water in 30 minutes. Wasn't hot in 30 minutes so I went to reception to check out and speak to the manager. Manager told me my bill was half the night's rates - for 3 hours in a room with no hot water?! If they hadn't charged me I wouldn't have left this review but he was short with me and stated many times "not just your room". He clearly didn't seem to care. I work in hotels and yes maintenance issues happen from time to time but I would have never dealt with this situation, nor any hotel I've worked for, the way they did.

I won't be staying at any Millennium Hotels due to this experience.

Room Tip: Check hot water is working prior to arrival
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Was at this premises for over a week for business purposes. I think the title should say it all, this place seems like it has not a refurb since it opened.

Firstly will start with the positives:
- about half the front office staff were fantastic, friendly, and very helpful, especially one gentleman just a shame I cannot remember his name.
- the location is handy being walking distance to local village, there is a free shuttle bus to airport and free shuttle bus to local shopping mall.
- rooms seemed clean on the surface
- decent Irish pub downstairs with friendly staff

The not so positives:
- everything seems very dated in hotel, lots of stains on carpets which unfortunately I don't think a deep clean would fix.
- breakfast, a complete free for all! It was very busy during this time. I only ever saw 2, max 3 staff during this period so if you found a table, you had to grab it, look for the staff member it get it cleared, then hunt down cutlery which generally cutlery draw would also be missing some items. But things just seemed a little bit of a mess there unfortunately.
- rooms again dated, had minor issues like window wouldn't shut, curtain didn't close properly, and air con stopped working for a day. To be fair I did mention this to staff who did their best to resolve these minor issues.
- certain areas (probably just due to age of these items) seemed to have a smell of something like old mayonnaise. The one lift, if you facing them - the one on left, definitely had an odd aroma!

Generally tho staff were friendly and they tried, but as things seemed past their use by date, it was all about reacting to problems with the building which I am sure means a constant battle for the maintenance staff.

All in all not great, and the place is gone past being tired. But you get what you pay for, will still return as (most) staff were friendly and location is favourable.

Stayed May 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

For 3 of the last 4 years I've stayed here with my daughter whilst she attends an expo in Villepointe not because its a swanky hotel, because it isn't - its an airport crashpad - but it ticks all the boxes - the shuttle service makes getting to and from the airport a doddle, our rooms have always been clean, the beds comfy and there's always plenty of hot water.

This year my daughter was old enough to travel alone and I didn't think twice about booking her into the Millennium as she's familiar with the area and I thought she'd be safe. Due to a change in her travel arrangements she arrived far too early to check in so left her luggage at reception and went to the expo returning just before 10pm to complete her check in and that's when the fun began.

The receptionist informed her there was a problem with her room and they were going to arrange for her to travel, by taxi, to another hotel 20 mins away. She phoned me in tears and I asked her to put the receptionist on the phone. He said the room was unsafe for a female to stay in, all the other rooms were full but he'd arrange another taxi to pick her up the next day and take her to the expo but she didn't want to go, she doesn't speak any french, it was late and she was reluctant to get into a taxi by herself. A female receptionist took her phone and said she'd travel with her but by this stage my daughter was inconsolable, saying she wanted to come home (this is totally out of character as she regularly travels to Asia by herself). I was given the name of the other hotel and when I googled it it looked like it was in the middle of nowhere so I said I'd rather she spent the night on a sofa in the foyer than be taken there.

I reassured my daughter, as best I could, and told her I'd see what I could sort out - there are many hotels in the vicinity and they couldn't all be fully booked. 10 minutes later she phoned to say they'd found a room for her, the receptionist stated an expected tour group had cancelled but it had taken an hour from her first phone call to her being given a room. She was offered a free meal but was exhausted and just wanted to have a shower and go to bed.

During the first conversation I was promised she would be compensated for all the distress caused but when she checked out there was no reduction made to her bill, no apology made for the upset caused, nothing and I dread to think how much her phone bill will be. When other visitors have slated this hotel I've disagreed saying its a decent airport hotel and I still stand by this but I will never recommend it to anyone and we certainly won't stay there again. To treat any guest like that is wrong but to do it to a young female, travelling alone, is despicable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Mico62
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We spent overnight in Paris as we had a flight the following day...early. When we arrived at the hotel at 9.15pm or so. I could not believe it when the receptionist advised us, after taking our checkin details, that the room wasn't ready yet!! This room was booked in April of this year with and estimated time of arrival at the hotel. The excuse given was because airline crew had only recently departed. So what...my room was booked well in advance. Secondly, when we did go to our room...the whole building was musty and in need of some serious work....it looked very tired. The room itself while spacious was also in need of some desperate work. The air conditioning sounded like it needed to be replaced....it was noisy and didn't work ie it wasn't blowing any air at all and the room was quite warm and humid. To the manager's credit he provided us with a fan which helped some. The breakfast was very slow in replacing hot food that had emptied out and there was only one girl to tidy the tables considering there were many people at the time. Millenium needs to refurbish this place very quickly. I should say that at our checkin another client was also complaining about his air conditioner.

Mount Vernon, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We found this hotel to be exceptional when taking into consideration the excellent price we paid. The food in the bar was okay, not exceptional, but as the bar was full they served it to us in the lobby where we were able to watch the World Cup and eat as we relaxed. Room was very pleasant, bed very comfortable.