“Quiet and close to CDG” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Houston, Texas
“Quiet and close to CDG”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Great choice for an early morning flight. Clean and modern, and also very quiet. I broke my ankle during my vacation, and the staff was ready with a wheelchair as I came into the hotel. Everyone on staff was friendly and accomodating. I selected this hotel because it had a restaurant and I didn't want to have to eat out. The restauant was a bit pricey, but handy under the circumstances. I'd recommend if you're looking for a nice hotel that is close to the airport.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank PMKF
Gautier-Py, Director of Operations at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear PMKF,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your visit at the Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle.

I am happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel and I have shared your comments to our Team.

Thank you again for your feedback and I really hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle very soon.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance in future.

With best wishes and regards

Gautier Py

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Pluses.
Exceptional concierge service and checkin welcome
Pleasant club lounge but limited food and beverage selection
The airport BUS efficient and friendly.
Complimentary late 6pm checkout provided simply because they could do it, which was greatly appreciated

Minuses.
No electric jug in rooms and when requested was provided with attitude and an argument. WHY? Especially when no bottled water is provided apart from the mini bar. For the most expensive room available on their web site a deluxe club king.
The club lounge is not open for breakfast on the weekends so you go to the restaurant in the lovely atrium area. That's where the lovely ends.
The restaurant breakfast service is woeful and the dinner service is worse. There is obviously a problem in the F & B department here.
Make sure you get to breakfast early as they don't top up the buffet and the staff, waiters or cooks, don't give a damn. But they do smile and go about their inefficiency. This is the third time I have stayed and seen the same problem, but if you have endless tolerance and like to serve yourself, the food, if you can get it, is really OK.
Shower overflowed onto floor and flooded bathroom for 3 days with no remedy
No iron and ironing board, but concierge provided quickly.

Room Tip: Club floor rooms are worthwhile, if the club lounge is open (so not on weekends)
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank whereswally2010
Gautier-Py, Director of Operations at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear Whereswally 2010,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I was really sorry to learn about the experiences you had in our Hotel and I really would like to express my sincere apologies about the level of service you described in our Restaurant.

I have shared your important feedback with the food and beverage manager, in order to ensure that situation of this nature does not recur in future.

I stay at your disposal for any assistance you may require.
The team and I really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in a near future and if this is the case, please do not hesitate to let me know via email so I can make the necessary arrangements.

gautier.py@hyatt.com
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Hyatt CDG is a typical airport hotel located in the middle of nowhere.

The staff is polite however you get the feeling the time flies there slower... The room was nice however a few things need improving: air condition - it's only loud but does not cool the room at all. The houskeeping did not pay attention to details like my tisuess box was missing during the whole stay, the used glasses from the mini bar were never replaced!
Their room service menu is poor after midnight - typical microwave dishes...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear KRascal,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I was really sorry to learn about the experiences you had with the details of cleaning of your room and the air conditionning. Please accept our most sincere apologies as these situations fall clearly short of the high level of service and standards that we set ourselves as our goal.

You may rest assured that following your feedback, I have personally spoken to the Head Housekeeper and Maintenance Director, to ensure they take necessary actions.

Please accept once again my sincere apologies and I sincerely hope that this experience will not affect the trust you have shown towards Hyatt.

The Team and I really hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back in the near future

Oviedo, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed at Hyatt Regency during a flight connection in CDG and I was impressed by some details of this hotel: the lobby is amazing, the atmosphere of the bar, the fountain, the restaurant...Room was really big, with a king-size bed and a big flat TV; I ordered dinner trough room service and, even though it was very expensive (7 € for a beer) everything tasted really good (I enjoyed a lot the Cesar's salad). Worse thing (something I really hate) is the non-free internet connection in the room: 20€/day
Thanks to tripadvisor I was able to go straightforward to the place where the shuttle bus picks you up at the airport because it's not said in any place at CDG: you have to go to gate 5 at terminal 3 (if you arrive through the train shuttle, it's just in front of the exit one you arrive to T3). Last bus arrives a 23:39, so be aware of it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank andy_iq
Dear Andy_iq,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review following your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle

I am delighted to learn that you have appreciated our atmosphere and your Stay in general. It is our utmost priority to make sure our Guests have a nice experience and a comfortable stay.

The Team and I really hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to in the near future.

Alcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle Hotel for 2 nights in February 2012, while my company were hosting a business meeting in the hotel's conference suite.

The hotel accommodation was clean and comfortable and as you would expect from a 4-star hotel, however there were a number of things that disappointed me: firstly my room was not cleaned after my first night and while I am happy to keep the same towels and sheets from one day to the next, it would have been nice if my bed had been made and the bins emptied, etc. I also found some clothes that had been left in a drawer by a previous guest! Secondly, I found no tea and coffee making facilities in my room; something that you come to expect even in hotels of lower standards. Thirdly, and importantly I think for a hotel that is popular with business travellers, there was no free WiFi (except in the meeting rooms) and the in-room internet access was very expensive at 12 euros for 24 hours. I suppose most people stay at this hotel on a 1-night stopover and so wouldn't mind these things, but as I stayed for 2 nights, I did feel that there needed to be a little more attention to detail.

Contrary to some of the other reviews, I found the hotel food to be excellent, if a little pricey. We hosted a buffet dinner for our clients on the first night and had a very enjoyable meal in the Apollo restaurant (the chocolate mousse was to die for!). The breakfast was also varied with a wide range of hot and cold options to suit all tastes. During our meeting, we were treated to a delicious range of sandwiches, wraps and salads for lunch, as well as cakes and pastries with each coffee break.

As far as the meeting space goes, we found the Saturne 1 and 2 room to be perfect for our meeting, with Saturne 3 a nice little breakout room. Both rooms had natural lighting, good AV equipment and free wifi (shame about the rest of the hotel). Our experience was not perfect however - at the start of our meeting, we experienced water dripping through a light fitting in the ceiling at one point which was quite worrying but it was resolved fairly quickly by the maintenance team!

All in all, I think if the Hyatt Regency Paris addresses these little niggles, it will be a far better place to stay, especially for business guests, but for the casual overnighter, it is absolutely fine.

Room Tip: There is no good view from any of the external facing rooms (it's a toss up between views of the...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank missylisa
Gautier-Py, Director of Operations at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Dear Missylisa

Thank you for taking the time to add your review.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the room, the meeting room and the food in both the Restaurant and meeting space. We will share your comments with the Team and especially the Executive Chef Cyril Cheype and his Pastry Chef for the chocolate mousse!
I was sorry about the situation you had with the cleaning of the Room. Please rest assured that I have personally spoken to the Executive Housekeeper in order to take necessary actions to avoid similar situations in future.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in a very near future

Kind regards
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

In a vist you find 2 towels on your bathroom, in the next one you find oonly one. One day you order pizza from room service and it comes with bread and butter, next day you order pasta and it comes without it... ? No boiler or cups in the bedroom, they will charge 2 euros to lend you a spoon... Isn't that supposed to be in the room??? I don't think this hotel follows the standards of other hotels directed to bussiness travelers.
I also experienced a delay on my check in as my room was oversold for some group in a congress, almost two hours delay and the compensation was free breakfast. One thing I enjoyed was the dinner buffet, very nice food, service is acceptable.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank SasiUruguay
Wherever the cheap fares take me
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

Stayed here one night when passing through Paris in order to be close to the airport. Honestly, this hotel is just not in a convenient spot. We had to take a shuttle from the arriving terminal to get to another terminal just to find the shuttle bus to this hotel. There were SEVERAL other shuttles directly in the main arriving international terminal, but just not for this hotel and a couple of others. We then waited for the shuttle bus, which was about a 10 minute ride to the hotel. Not really an "airport" hotel for me at that point.

The hotel itself was fine. The outside looks very plain but it was nicely decorated inside, and the staff were perfectly pleasant and helpful. The room was nothing special, just a standard small little room with a view of nothing. The bed was average in comfort and the bathroom was large enough to move around in. There was no shower door, just a half pane of glass, which was kind of odd. There was a club lounge, which we barely went in, so I cannot comment on it.

In order to actually go into Paris, you have to take the shuttle bus back to the terminal, and then take the train into the city, which takes about 30 minutes. There is also a hotel shuttle bus for 5 euro which goes into and picks up from a spot in Paris 2 times a day. This could be convenient if you can match the times, but otherwise it is a train from the airport.

Overall, the hotel was decent, but the location is terrible. We paid 94 euro a night. The main benefit of an 'airport' hotel is its proximity to the airport, and having to spend 10 or 15 minutes on a bus to get to/from the hotel and then potentially waiting for that bus another 10 or 15 minutes to show up is a hassle. Seperately, the shuttle does not start until 5am, so if you have an early flight, try and get a waiting taxi out front. Do not have them call you a taxi in the morning, as we got ripped off by the taxi driver that was called. They charged us for the distance they drove to pick us up, and insisted that was the norm at 4am.

o

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank antonius66
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roissy-en-France
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
#1 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy CDG
Novotel Convention & Wellness Ro...
#3 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,177 reviews
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle A...
#2 of 5 in Tremblay-En-France
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,705 reviews
Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
#4 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,104 reviews
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & C...
#9 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,818 reviews
Mercure Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport et Convention
Mercure Paris Charles de Gaulle ...
#7 of 30 in Roissy-en-France

Been to Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle? Share your experiences!