“Nice hotel”

Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Houston, Texas, United States
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed at this Hyatt on my last night in France. The hotel decor is the Zen style with dark wood and bamboo. I was on the Club floor. The room was very nice size and well appointed--like Hyatt's in the US. The club was very comfortable and had a nice selection of snacks and drinks. The staff were helpful and friendly. They have bus service to and from the airport that drops you off a distance from the terminals. The hotel seemed to cater to business folks and airline personnel. My only complaint was the shower had mold in the grout--not expecting this in such a nice place. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Club floor is very nice
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
ygillet, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for your recent response to the Hyatt Guest Satisfaction Survey.

We value your positive feedback as it is always a pleasure to hear from a satisfied guest. We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. Providing a personalized service to our guests is one of our major values and we are delighted that our service was up to your expectations.

We appreciate your taking the time and trouble to respond to share your experience with us and hope to welcome you back again in the not-too-distant future.

Yann GILLET

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel for a short night before taking the plane in the next day. I was expecting a calm and relax night but got me completely stressed when the transport from airport to the hotel took more than 1 hour and 30min to arrive. After all hotel made some efforts to apologize but insufficient to compensate the frustration. The rooms require a refurbishment, bit old fashion with poor maintenance. Not planning to come back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ElioWolff
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

We would like to apologize for the experience you have been through during your stay in our hotel. We sincerely regret the problems you experienced with our shuttle service and we totally understand your disappointment.
We are aware of this issue. Our partner had an incident; a fire in the locals so lots of vehicles burned and we are trying to cope with this. However we are sorry this impacted your stay with us. Please rest assured that we are working on a solution.
We are terribly sorry that you have been waiting so long. Please rest assured that we will provide a better service for our guests and we hope that you will have the opportunity to test it.
Providing a personalized service to our guests is one of our major values and we are sorry to hear that we failed with you.

We appreciate that you have shared your experience with us, as your feedback will assist us in monitoring and improving our service levels. We hope to welcome you back for a stay that meets all your expectations.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We loved this hotel. Rooms were very clean and good condition. Staff were excellent, very welcoming, perfect service. And food.....fabulous, especially desserts are ' to die for'. We will definitely come back and recommend this hotel to all my friends.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Vaida K
ygillet, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate your taking the time and trouble to share your experience with us and hope to welcome you back again in the not-too-distant future.

Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed there for 2 weeks and it was nice hotel to stay. Peaceful and quiet. Very close to airport and frequent shuttle to airport. But a little far from Paris city.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

NC, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Let me state at the start that I never stayed at the hotel. Therein lies the problem:
In planning for our trip to Europe, I booked this hotel in January well in advance of our August arrival date. We would be arriving late from a flight from Italy and I figured we would bed down here where I could perhaps get an upgraded room at check in with my Platinum level Hyatt Gold Passport status. At the time the hotel had a shuttle bus presumably leaving from the hotel going to the downtown Paris Opera terminal. Great. As this was close to our next hotel at the Vendome.
Update: Late July.
The mention of the Opera shuttle is gone from the hotel's website, and other travelers are complaining about the hotel's dysfunctional shuttle bus to the hotel from the airport. As we are arriving very late on a weekend and my high school French is very primitive this gave me some concern and my wife e-mailed the hotel about these issues. No reply. Two days later, e-mailed again. No reply. Called Hyatt customer service and was told that the hotel does not reply to corporate e-mails. Finally I sent a nasty e-mail to them and got a reply- four days after the first e-mail was sent: No the shuttle bus to Paris was no longer operating. Take a taxi(EUR60) or take hotel's shuttle back to airport to pick up the AirFrance bus to Paris.
Figured if I'm going to take a cab, skip the hotel entirely and go directly to Paris from the airport. Cost me $$ to unhook the reservation and make a new one in Paris at this late date. Bad taste in my mouth from this experience. Hyatt isn't what it used to be. Hope this malaise does not extend to their Vendome hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank OldAntique
ygillet, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.
Firstly, we would like to apologize for the experience you have been through during your stay in our hotel.
We sincerely regret the problems you experienced with our shuttle service and we totally understand your disappointment. Indeed the shuttle going to Paris downtown is no longer operating and we are sorry that you have been disappointed.
Regarding the lack of response, I am terrified about that and I would like to personally apologize. I would be interested in knowing the email address you sent the emails.
Charleston, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed for one night on June 28th. The building was nice, staff nice, restaurant so expensive I thought I had bought the place. The shuttle was the WORST I have experienced in all my 67 yrs of traveling and that is saying something. Waited in the rain for 1 1/2 hrs and watched as Marriott and Hilton vans stopped, drivers helped with luggage. In the time I stood and waited for the Hyatt the Marriott and Hilton vans went by 3 times. There was a very confusing sign about where to catch the shuttle but we figured out the right place. There is NO sign on the bus that they use which they share with half a dozen other hotels. The other hotels have their name on the bus but the Hyatt did not. If you did not catch the lighted sign across the front of the bus when it flashed Hyatt you missed it. I am 5' and weigh 100 lbs and when I went to get on the bus I was knocked into a pole and would have fallen had I not hit the pole. The crowd going to the other hotels just rushed the bus. I worked my way to the back door but was knocked off the bus a 2nd time before I managed to get myself and my luggage on. When we got to the hotel there was nobody to help me get my luggage in to the lobby except another customer who was kind enough to assist me. I had planned to go in to Paris to shop but when told I would need to use the shuttle I refused to get on it again. I ordered a cab for my transfer in the morning but Julian ( the day mgr I guess ) arranged for a hotel van to take me. Why that van was not being used when I arrived escapes me. I was upgraded to a nicer room which unfortunately had a malfunction with the AC and the room was hot in spite of a technician looking at it. It was my first time at the Hyatt and it will be my last. I recommend the Sheraton at the terminal or Marriott or Hilton. My back was covered in black and blue marks for a week after this episode. I am glad I hit the pole because if I had not I would have landed on my head on concrete. I expected way more from a Hyatt.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarianneB1946
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.
We sincerely regret the problems you experienced with our shuttle service and we totally understand your disappointment. We were terrified to hear that you had such situation with the shuttle.
Please be informed that we are aware of this issue and that we really need to improve the signage for our shuttle service. Some of our signage has been snatched at the airport and we are working on a solution.
We are terribly sorry that you have been waiting so long and at the wrong spot. Please rest assured that we will provide a better service for our guests and we hope that you will have the opportunity to test it.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was there twice because
1. arrived late
2.I had an early morning flight and would like to stay closer to the airport.

The location of the hotel to the airport is about 10-15 mins drive, and there is a shuttle bus picking up at several locations from the airport (Silver line). You can ask the concierge for the shuttle timetable.

Since I am a Diamond member, I should be able to access the club lounge, and the front desk confirmed it. However, when I tried my card to access the club, I was denied. I went to the front desk, and mentioned it. They took my card and made some changes to it.

I would have assumed it should have been included in automatically. This happened to me twice, and both time I had to go down to the front desk to correct it.

The room was a bit small (but this is European standard I guess), and the bed is a bit hard. They provided extra amenities such as loofah but housekeeping is a bit slow when we call to request something. Clean room.

When we can access the club lounge, I really enjoyed the breakfast especially the croissants and jam.

Apart from the club access and slow housekeeping issues, the hotel is quite nice. I like the indoor atrium concept.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
ygillet, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

However we have noted that you had an annoying situation with your key and we would like to apologize. Indeed you have access to the Regency Club and you should have had automatically the access.

We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor and hope to welcome you back again in the not-too-distant future.

Yann GILLET
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roissy-en-France
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
#1 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy CDG
Novotel Convention & Wellness Ro...
#4 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,191 reviews
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle A...
#2 of 5 in Tremblay-En-France
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,757 reviews
Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
#3 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,118 reviews
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & C...
#9 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,836 reviews
Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotel
Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle...
#5 of 30 in Roissy-en-France

Been to Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle? Share your experiences!