“Too hot and too rude ”

Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Moscow, Russia
“Too hot and too rude ”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Been in the hotel couple of times. But this time is smth wrong.
Got room on the forth floor. Very hot room. Feels like sauna. AC doesn't work and ppl in hotel can't do with it anything. Even corridor of the 4th floor is feeling very hot.
Breakfast. This time selection of the fruits and pastries was very few. Crisis?! On my question to the Chef - can I have omelette, replied - wait. In very rude way and even didn't try to establish eye contact. Wait for what and for how long?! I could wait but my plane can't wait for me and for omelette. So my breakfast experience was worst than anywhere else. Next time I rather wait for opening next door shopping center and will have breakfast there.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank August W
ygillet, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for your recent response to the Hyatt Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Firstly, we would like to apologize for the experience you have been through during your stay in our hotel.

We sincerely regret the problems you experienced with the Air conditioning during your stay and we would like to apologize for this. Please rest assured that we have reviewed this with Mohamed, our Engineering Director.
Moreover, I would like to personally apologize as I am sincerely shocked by the experience you had with one of our Chef at Breakfast. I am terribly sorry that you went through this situation. Please be assured that we have reviewed this with Jimmy, our Executive Chef, as this situation is not acceptable from a hotel of our standard.
Providing a personalized service to our guests is one of our major values and we are sorry to hear that we failed with you.

We appreciate that you have shared your experience with us, as your feedback will assist us in monitoring and improving our service levels. We hope to welcome you back for a stay that meets all your expectations.
Yann GILLEt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed at this Hyatt on my last night in France. The hotel decor is the Zen style with dark wood and bamboo. I was on the Club floor. The room was very nice size and well appointed--like Hyatt's in the US. The club was very comfortable and had a nice selection of snacks and drinks. The staff were helpful and friendly. They have bus service to and from the airport that drops you off a distance from the terminals. The hotel seemed to cater to business folks and airline personnel. My only complaint was the shower had mold in the grout--not expecting this in such a nice place. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Club floor is very nice
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
ygillet, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for your recent response to the Hyatt Guest Satisfaction Survey.

We value your positive feedback as it is always a pleasure to hear from a satisfied guest. We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. Providing a personalized service to our guests is one of our major values and we are delighted that our service was up to your expectations.

We appreciate your taking the time and trouble to respond to share your experience with us and hope to welcome you back again in the not-too-distant future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel for a short night before taking the plane in the next day. I was expecting a calm and relax night but got me completely stressed when the transport from airport to the hotel took more than 1 hour and 30min to arrive. After all hotel made some efforts to apologize but insufficient to compensate the frustration. The rooms require a refurbishment, bit old fashion with poor maintenance. Not planning to come back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ElioWolff
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

We would like to apologize for the experience you have been through during your stay in our hotel. We sincerely regret the problems you experienced with our shuttle service and we totally understand your disappointment.
We are aware of this issue. Our partner had an incident; a fire in the locals so lots of vehicles burned and we are trying to cope with this. However we are sorry this impacted your stay with us. Please rest assured that we are working on a solution.
We are terribly sorry that you have been waiting so long. Please rest assured that we will provide a better service for our guests and we hope that you will have the opportunity to test it.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We loved this hotel. Rooms were very clean and good condition. Staff were excellent, very welcoming, perfect service. And food.....fabulous, especially desserts are ' to die for'. We will definitely come back and recommend this hotel to all my friends.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Vaida K
ygillet, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate your taking the time and trouble to share your experience with us and hope to welcome you back again in the not-too-distant future.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed there for 2 weeks and it was nice hotel to stay. Peaceful and quiet. Very close to airport and frequent shuttle to airport. But a little far from Paris city.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

NC, USA
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Let me state at the start that I never stayed at the hotel. Therein lies the problem:
In planning for our trip to Europe, I booked this hotel in January well in advance of our August arrival date. We would be arriving late from a flight from Italy and I figured we would bed down here where I could perhaps get an upgraded room at check in with my Platinum level Hyatt Gold Passport status. At the time the hotel had a shuttle bus presumably leaving from the hotel going to the downtown Paris Opera terminal. Great. As this was close to our next hotel at the Vendome.
Update: Late July.
The mention of the Opera shuttle is gone from the hotel's website, and other travelers are complaining about the hotel's dysfunctional shuttle bus to the hotel from the airport. As we are arriving very late on a weekend and my high school French is very primitive this gave me some concern and my wife e-mailed the hotel about these issues. No reply. Two days later, e-mailed again. No reply. Called Hyatt customer service and was told that the hotel does not reply to corporate e-mails. Finally I sent a nasty e-mail to them and got a reply- four days after the first e-mail was sent: No the shuttle bus to Paris was no longer operating. Take a taxi(EUR60) or take hotel's shuttle back to airport to pick up the AirFrance bus to Paris.
Figured if I'm going to take a cab, skip the hotel entirely and go directly to Paris from the airport. Cost me $$ to unhook the reservation and make a new one in Paris at this late date. Bad taste in my mouth from this experience. Hyatt isn't what it used to be. Hope this malaise does not extend to their Vendome hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank OldAntique
ygillet, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.
We sincerely regret the problems you experienced with our shuttle service and we totally understand your disappointment. Indeed the shuttle going to Paris downtown is no longer operating and we are sorry that you have been disappointed.
Regarding the lack of response, I am terrified about that and I would like to personally apologize. I would be interested in knowing the email address you sent the emails.
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed for one night on June 28th. The building was nice, staff nice, restaurant so expensive I thought I had bought the place. The shuttle was the WORST I have experienced in all my 67 yrs of traveling and that is saying something. Waited in the rain for 1 1/2 hrs and watched as Marriott and Hilton vans stopped, drivers helped with luggage. In the time I stood and waited for the Hyatt the Marriott and Hilton vans went by 3 times. There was a very confusing sign about where to catch the shuttle but we figured out the right place. There is NO sign on the bus that they use which they share with half a dozen other hotels. The other hotels have their name on the bus but the Hyatt did not. If you did not catch the lighted sign across the front of the bus when it flashed Hyatt you missed it. I am 5' and weigh 100 lbs and when I went to get on the bus I was knocked into a pole and would have fallen had I not hit the pole. The crowd going to the other hotels just rushed the bus. I worked my way to the back door but was knocked off the bus a 2nd time before I managed to get myself and my luggage on. When we got to the hotel there was nobody to help me get my luggage in to the lobby except another customer who was kind enough to assist me. I had planned to go in to Paris to shop but when told I would need to use the shuttle I refused to get on it again. I ordered a cab for my transfer in the morning but Julian ( the day mgr I guess ) arranged for a hotel van to take me. Why that van was not being used when I arrived escapes me. I was upgraded to a nicer room which unfortunately had a malfunction with the AC and the room was hot in spite of a technician looking at it. It was my first time at the Hyatt and it will be my last. I recommend the Sheraton at the terminal or Marriott or Hilton. My back was covered in black and blue marks for a week after this episode. I am glad I hit the pole because if I had not I would have landed on my head on concrete. I expected way more from a Hyatt.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarianneB1946
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.
We sincerely regret the problems you experienced with our shuttle service and we totally understand your disappointment. We were terrified to hear that you had such situation with the shuttle.
Please be informed that we are aware of this issue and that we really need to improve the signage for our shuttle service. Some of our signage has been snatched at the airport and we are working on a solution.
We are terribly sorry that you have been waiting so long and at the wrong spot. Please rest assured that we will provide a better service for our guests and we hope that you will have the opportunity to test it.
Yann GILLET
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roissy-en-France
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
#1 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy CDG
Novotel Convention & Wellness Ro...
#4 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,198 reviews
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle A...
#2 of 5 in Tremblay-En-France
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,800 reviews
Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
#3 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,135 reviews
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & C...
#11 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,852 reviews
Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotel
Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle...
#5 of 30 in Roissy-en-France

Been to Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle? Share your experiences!