“Good for a Stopover”
Review of Campanile Roissy

Campanile Roissy
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Reviewed 20 November 2013

If you must overnight in Paris this is a good place to stay. It is quiet and clean. The airport shuttle makes it very handy.

We had two problems: only 1 elevator worked and it was always full. We ended up walking down the stairs with our luggage. The shower poured over the shower wall and made everything in the bathroom wet.

This is a busy place and you do not get a lot of personal attention.

The cold breakfast is not at all worth the price.

We would probably stay here again if we have a long stopover in Paris. It is fine for one night.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,040)

Reviewed 15 November 2013

When I am travelling to or from Paris I always stay at the Campanille Roissy. They have a shuttle to Charles de Gaulle airport which is very handy. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the food in the dining room is quite good and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I am happy to recommend the Campanille Roissy, and many of my friends and family do stay there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AdonaDunn
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Absolutely unfriendly. I was told to learn french as the receptionist did NOT understand english! So they also forgott to make a cab reservation for me as well. I missed my appointment. My room smelled really bad an was not cleaned well. Never again! It can be a simple and tiny Hotel for that price but i expect people to be friendly and a clean room at least!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I really enjoyed my stay there. Definitely I will stay in the hotel whenever I visit Paris.my family also like the hotel, the service and hospitality are excellent. The food also delicious and value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed in hotel for one night so we could catch an early flight back home. The room had a terrible odor. The bed pillows felt like they were filled with little balls of cotton. Although the service was fair in the restaurant we could not cut our grilled steaks they were so tough. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel is a good 30 mins outside of the centre of Paris by car but providing you don't mind the drive in, is a good place to stay and the village of Roissy-en-France provides plenty of Bistro's and restaurants for you to enjoy. The hotel food in the evening was particularly good so long as you don't mind a buffet style service (it is after all a 2/3* hotel - depending on which websites you look at). The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms (mine at least) was spacious and clean with a flat screen TV and rain shower in the bathroom that functioned perfectly.

The downside to the hotel was its choice of food at breakfast time. It lacked in diversity and had no hot options - something I prefer and expect.

Other than this, I would recommend this hotel especially if you don't mind the commute or being right next to Charles de Gaulle Airport (Aeroport de Roissy as I believe it is now refer to) - very convenient however, for any stopovers between flight connections (a shuttle bus runs very regularly to and from the hotel to the airport!)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Milesb1
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed here for one night before moving on to a central Paris hotel as it seemed an ideal option as my husband and daughter were visiting Parc Asterix on our day of arrival and it meant that we could get the shuttlebus from the airport to the hotel to drop me and the luggage off before they could then get the shuttle bus back to the airport to get another shuttle bus to Parc Asterix and then they could do the same on their return.Sounds complicated but it was very convenient.
The shuttlebus is every 20 minutes and picks up outside terminal 2 and drops off at a couple of other hotels before reaching the Campanile.
The hotel itself is a very comfortable,clean hotel with a modern twist,the rooms are brightly decorated with more than enough room for 3 people and I must say at this stage what a fantastic shower lovely after an early morning of travel.Tea and coffee making facilities are also available in your room .
We found the staff in the hotel friendly and welcoming,on checking in at the side of the reception desk you will find a pad of rip off maps detailing the Roissy area and the pretty,little village itself is well worth a saunter into with a scattering of quaint restaurants it looks lovely lit up at night so take your cameras.We just wanted something quick that night so ended up in Roissy Pizza which is basically just a takeaway with tables but the pizza was lovely.
I had the main course lunch buffet in the hotel and for the 14 euros paid I didnt feel this was worth it,there was only a choice of one meat or fish dish,some soggy fried potatoes and a couple of overcooked vegetables,Breakfast was also not worth the 10 euros paid per person as it was a very limited cold buffet.
so all in all hotel great for an overnight stay but meals overpriced so give the locals an income and eat in the village.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family