“Average "budget" hotel”

Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
London, United Kingdom
“Average "budget" hotel”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed here for three nights during an exhibition. The hotel is well located for the airport and the exhibition halls at Paris-Nord Villepoint (as long as you have a car - they charge €10 for the 5km shuttle bus to the exhibition, although the airport shuttle is free). It is also a short walk to Roissy village which offers a few restaurant alternatives to the hotels.

The bed was large and comfortable, the room and bathroom looked fairly recently refurbished. The cleaning wasn't great, especially on the last day. I could hear a fair bit of traffic (cars and aircraft) from my room but not enough to prevent me from sleeping. I slept very well on the two nights I wasn't frozen!

Breakfast was ok - overpriced as all of these "budget" hotels are for the selection of food available but the chocolate croissants were really good! Some of my colleagues ate in the restaurant in the evening and enjoyed the food.

I froze on the first night until I figured out that I needed to turn on the heating/air con and turn up the thermostat. The hotel lifts were inadequate for the volume of people in the hotel. One of the three lifts was permanently out of action and on two days there was only one lift working. Reading some previous reviews, it looks like the lifts have been dodgy for a month, I wonder why they don't fix them?

All in all, a pretty average "budget" hotel although we paid over €100 per night. I'm guessing the company travel agent didn't do their homework!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Weary235

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Back breaking worn beds and hard lumpy pillows. The restaurant is good but the rooms are terrible. Also only tepid water in the showers and the rooms are too cold even if you put the thermostat on 30. AVOID.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Helena, Montana
Reviewed 20 November 2013

If you must overnight in Paris this is a good place to stay. It is quiet and clean. The airport shuttle makes it very handy.

We had two problems: only 1 elevator worked and it was always full. We ended up walking down the stairs with our luggage. The shower poured over the shower wall and made everything in the bathroom wet.

This is a busy place and you do not get a lot of personal attention.

The cold breakfast is not at all worth the price.

We would probably stay here again if we have a long stopover in Paris. It is fine for one night.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
West Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 15 November 2013

When I am travelling to or from Paris I always stay at the Campanille Roissy. They have a shuttle to Charles de Gaulle airport which is very handy. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the food in the dining room is quite good and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I am happy to recommend the Campanille Roissy, and many of my friends and family do stay there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AdonaDunn
München
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Absolutely unfriendly. I was told to learn french as the receptionist did NOT understand english! So they also forgott to make a cab reservation for me as well. I missed my appointment. My room smelled really bad an was not cleaned well. Never again! It can be a simple and tiny Hotel for that price but i expect people to be friendly and a clean room at least!

• Stayed November 2013
London
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I really enjoyed my stay there. Definitely I will stay in the hotel whenever I visit Paris.my family also like the hotel, the service and hospitality are excellent. The food also delicious and value for money.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed in hotel for one night so we could catch an early flight back home. The room had a terrible odor. The bed pillows felt like they were filled with little balls of cotton. Although the service was fair in the restaurant we could not cut our grilled steaks they were so tough. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple