“Starkly modern, but comfy and efficient”

Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Boulder, Colorado
“Starkly modern, but comfy and efficient”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Like almost everyone, I selected this hotel for proximity to CGD. Upon arrival I checked in with a person with very limited English (hmmm...). Inserting my keycard even for the elevator (off-putting), I went up to my room. I thought I had arrived in a space station: stark, modern decor, totally lacking in character (example: a work desk with formica-like top and mounted on rollers). But, oddly, the place grew on me: the wi-fi worked great, the bathroom had a nice shower (but little no shampoo or conditioner bottles), and the bed proved to be extremely comfortable. Double windows totally blocked the nearby highway and plane noise but could be opened for welcome evening fresh air. In the AM, I asked the manager a question and he, juggling papers, seemed very distracted. An odd place, off-putting but strangely efficient; I gotta admit it delivers on the basics. I offset the Germanic efficiency of the hotel with a wonderful dinner at Madame set Servie in the adjacent village (thanks, TripAdvisor), a memorable restaurant experience, which calmed my space-station shock and made my experience of Roissy-en-France -- surprise! -- a delight.

Room Tip: Mine looked out on an outdoor patio -- a rather pleasant view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bob-in-Boulder
Philippe L, Responsable commercial at Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Mister
We thank you for your last comment regarding your stay in our hotel.
We are having trainees and some of them are not speaking properly English, they are normally working with a colleague. So sorry if your check-in, was quite confusing about that. We will remind them, of not hesitating of referring to their colleague when they do not handle it.
Unfortunately, for privacy & security reasons we have to restrain the stairs access, so this is the reason we do request to insert the key card.
Thanks for letting us know your recommendation about the restaurant, as sometimes quality changes as well in the restaurants it is good for us to get to know how it is at the time.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Anne-Céline Domergue

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I travel to Paris a couple of times a year on business to my company's office in Le Blanc Mesnil, a 15 minute drive from CDG, so it's convenient to use one of the airport hotels.

Our office has an agreement with the Mercure Hotel a little further up the road, but I found a slightly cheaper deal for the Novotel Suite on the Accor site so thought I'd give it a go.

My first impression was positive. A spacious, secure car park, an airy Novotel-style reception area.

Then I ordered a beer. Only Heineken available, either on draft or bottled. Oh dear...

Then I looked at the food options. Instant, microwave meals only if you want anything hot. Oh dear...

The room was nice, but then I switched on the TV. Only 12 channels available, and the only English language channel was Sky News. No BBC World, BBC News, CNN, none of that. Just Sky News, and I'm not really a fan. The TV itself had fairly poor sound and picture, and there was no TV signal at all for a few hours one morning.

One the Accor website it states that there a swimming pool is available "nearby" - well, only if you're prepared to walk a long way to get there and then pay through the nose for it. In my view the references to the swimming pool should be removed from the Accor Hotel profile. Simply put - there isn't one.

So, I ate in the Marriott next door where there was plenty of choice of meals and drinks available, and I also called in at the Mercure, and I'll probably stay there next time I'm in town, although the Hotel Relai Spa opposite the Novotel Suite looks very nice...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear mister,

We feel terribly sorry that our hotel Suite Novotel did not meet your expectations.
In the bar we do offer few different beers in bottle (5 differents), but in draft we do have only Heineken.
Unfortunately, in our brand Suite Novotel, we do not have any restaurant inside our hotel, which is the reason we do offer some meals (to heat, or not) in our Boutique Gourmande, and there is a large choice of restaurants all around, and inside the village.
We are currently dealing with a new provider for the channels in the rooms, as pretty soon we will be able to change. I was not aware that you had a problem with your TV as no one mentioned it. So please, apologize us for that.
Indeed we do not own any swimming-pool on site, this is located about 5 mns by walk, so it worth to walk over there when the weather is good.
We thank your for your comments, which are helping us to improve our hotel, and wish you some pleasant future stays within Mercure.
Kind regards
Anne-Céline
Yackandandah, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I read. The reviews and the main problems were with the shuttle bus so I was looking for delays. Not a problem for us so I am imaging it was a matter of planning. Pickup at the airport was almost immediate and easy to find. Checkin was also easy and the room was comfortable and sheets and towels very clean. The room was very spacious and well decorated which made it easy to repack two large suitcases. All this exceeded expectations for an airport hotel, which one must agree we only use for convenience. Other issues for reviewers had to do with the "village" as it was said to be ....."too far to walk". Directly across the road fr the hotel was a park and a footpath led straight to the village which was delightful. Restaurants choices were amazing and the ambience was lovely. A real French village underneath one of the busiest airports in the world. All the main hotels were in the same street but this one is suites only so no restaurant. We were directed to the Mecure next door for dinner but chose the village. I would highly recommend this hotel for price situation and comfort.....do not pay more....it is not necessary. We had room 316 it was at the back and very very silent for a nights sleep before flying 22 hours back to Australia.

Room Tip: We had room 316 which was at the back and SILENT. The room was very large which made it easy to rep...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Philippe L, Directeur général at Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear guests,

We thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us.
The space in the suits are the concept of our brand Suite Novotel, and we are glad that you enjoyed it.
Indeed the shuttle bus is running around every 20 to 40 minutes, and desserve few hotels on our “Allee du verger”, so the way could take a while depending the time of your arrival.
So I assume that you stopped before on the first hotel which has been desserved on the other sidewalk.
We are sorry that the driver did not leave you the correct information.
Our staff will be pleased to hear about your review, as your satisfaction is the meaning of their daily work.
We hope seeing you for a future stop over at CDG.

Kind regards,

Anne-Celine
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed 1 night as I had early flight next day. Very basic hotel, no restaurant, basic breakfast and the rooms are not a Novotel standard. Shuttle from the airport very slow. Service just average and TV nearly all French channels. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank henare1
Dear Guests,

We thank you for your last review following your stay with us.
We are actually looking for an improvement on our choice of tv channels, which could be more convenient to our international clients, this point should be fixed within the year.
Suite Novotel is not the same brand that Novotel, even if we are part of the same group, we are two different kind of hotels.
The concept of our hotels Suite Novotel, is the space, the freedom and the relaxation. That is the reason why we do own only large suits in our hotel, and do not have any restaurant.
We feel sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations, and hope that you will be welcomed in one of our Accor hotels.

Kind regards
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a day as I did not get a booking for my central Paris hotel. Was pleasantly surprised with the family room I had booked as we were travelling with 2 kids. There is a village near by which one can walk to and have an excellent meal at some of the charming restaurants there. Supermarkets also there at the village. The hotel has frequent shuttle drops to CDG as well as to the metro. A great transit hotel in an excellent area. Hotel staff were efficient and friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Docvivax
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 April 2014

First time in this hotel, highly recommended, excellent for the price ., found this property through booking com, i was impressed by the room, very clean, all amenities, shuttle is at the front door, the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank chuck020
Philippe L, Responsable commercial at Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Sir,

We thank you your review regarding your stay in our hotel Suite Novotel Paruis Roissy CDG.
We are glad of having been recommended to you.
We are so happy that your first stay was like you expected it.
Our team will be pleased to know about your feedback, as your comfort is the most beautiful reward for us.

We hope seeing you for a next stay with us.

Kind regards,

Anne-Celine Domergue
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My family and liked this place. My wife and I are both flight attendants so we fly stand-by for free, a lot- almost always. So, if the planes are full, we don't get on. As a result of this, we were forced to stay at Suite Novotel. I must say I liked it. We liked it.

It had plenty of space, especially for a European hotel. Clean, convenient, friendly(extremely friendly). Neither, my wife or I are fluent enough to order take out pizza, but the lady at the front desk was more than helpful at calling the pizza place to translate our order.

My only negative comment would be, not any food choices other than two expensive, medium quality places near-by.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank arkmitch
Philippe L, Responsable commercial at Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Sir & Madam,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Suite Novotel Roissy CDG. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Unlike the Novotel Hotels, we do not have any restaurant within our Suite Novotel hotels, only the Boutique Gourmande.
I hope you have not been too much disappointed about the other restaurants, some of them are pretty tasty, we will recommend fex next time you will come to visit us!

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this positive feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Kind regards ,