Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
US$93
Travelocity
US$58
1,294 results
All reviewsshuttle bussingle bedsmall fridgeclose to the airportgold busseparate toiletairport hotellarge roomcomfortable stayfree wifistayed here for one nightsmall villagecoffee makerother hotelsshuttle servicelast stopcroissants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I'm very familiar with the Suite Novotel brand in France (I'm an Accor Gold club member) and have stayed at a number of Suite Novotels since their inception (back in the day when they used to be called Suite Hotels). I live in France and I frequently stay in Accor group hotels in Europe.
For many years I preferred Suite Novotels because of the large suites, reasonable rates (about 100 - 120 euros), no nonsense wifi and secure parking. This despite that they are usually situated just outside of the most desirable locations. This particular Suite Novotel is conveniently located in the hotel area of Roissy en France and there is a free shuttle bus connecting the area's hotels with Charles de Gaulle airport every half hour or so.
I believe I've stayed in at least a half dozen different Suite Novotels in Europe (3 different countries) totaling more than 30 nights with the chain of hotels. They are very standardized and were usually free from unpleasant surprises.

However, I estimate that 2 out of 3 times there is a problem of some sort when checking in.

This can be a very long line (while 1 or 2 desk clerks try to handle everyone + phone calls), room unprepared, wrong key, key to a room that is already occupied (surprise for all concerned!), difference between the rate you booked and the rate they show, front desk computer problem, and so on.

About 2 years ago I finally gave up on them and choose other Accor hotels whenever possible.

This week I gave Suite Novotels another try. Since I was traveling with 2 children the large suite near the airport would be desirable so I booked this particular hotel because is was among the better run ones and I know it well.

Alas, things have gone from bad to worse!

Upon arrival the desk clerk was dealing with a couple who were having some issues checking in. When my turn came about 10 minutes later, there clerk (who explained that he was new and unfamiliar with some of the check in software) had a problem understanding my use of loyalty points and my Accor Gold level discount. The process came to a halt until his more experienced coworker could sort it out. In the meantime, I saw the other couple depart only to return to the desk 2 minutes later explaining that there is already someone in "their" room! Apologies from the desk clerk and a new room is assigned. Still waiting for our issue to be resolved, I saw the couple return again this time to tell the front desk that the key doesn't work! More apologies....

After about 20 minutes my issue is finally resolved, my points are accepted and up we go to our room. I notice that the hallway carpets are looking much the worse for wear (stains, etc.) compared to a year or 2 ago and we find that the room is also a bit well worn now. We also find that only 2 of our 3 beds have blankets. The blankets arrive about 1 hour after 3 personal visits to the front desk!

Obviously Suite Novotel -- this one at least -- is still suffering from chronic understaffing. With just 1 or 2 staff present in the evening, the clerk has to deal with check ins, check outs, telephone and guest complaints/requests. The same new clerk who checked me in is the person who delivered the blankets....

Add to this the general decline of the building (carpets, smelly drains...), I won't be returning anytime soon.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Zuluquebec
Reviewed 24 August 2014

2 night stay due to medical emergency prior to flying out of paris. Rooms were very clean, spacious, funky and modern. All rooms are suites. Staff are very helpful and speak English very well. Free shuttle to and from airport. Just. 5 minute walk through park to a very nice selection of restaurants in the middle of Roissy. they have fairly responsive wifi throughout as well as a Mac with an attached printer in the lobby for toes who don't have a computer or mobile browser or who just need to print something. Could benefit from having an ATM. One recommendation I have for ALL hotels is to have a wireless printer available so one can print from their mobile device or computer.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ken M
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This Novotel is clean and comfortable, nice linen on the comfortable beds, friendly attentive staff and seems well maintained, considering their obviously high turnover of guests. It is a shuttle ride away from the airport and you can get there and back for free. There's also a shuttle to take travelers to airport city, a nearby mall.

My only two niggles were firstly that there were no English news channels available and secondly that the shuttle ride to terminal 2 is quite a lengthy affair (around 15-20 minutes) and you don't actually get dropped at the terminals, but at the TGV station. This means that if you are traveling with a lot of luggage or kids, you have your work cut out for you to get to 2E or 2F where most international flights depart from. Give yourself plenty of time.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed at the Suite Novotel Paris CDG one night and the lady was delightful on the phone regarding which shuttle to take (last stop on the Gold Shuttle that you will take on the street, just opposite the Sheraton Hotel. Go to the "Trains SNCF" area and spot an elevator leading you to the "Navettes Hotels/Hotel shuttle bus" area. The elevator is very close to the Sheraton Hotel entrance inside the airport. Level 5 on the crampy elevator. Slightly complicated.) The hotel people cannot be nicer, very helpful and gracious. You get the impression they are very well trained, Novotel is a big chain, they mean business obviously. The room was spotless and we were able to make coffee/tea and even got complimentary cereal bars! The bathroom was small but offered a spacious shower and a bath tub, both separate. The bed was very comfy. I could not fault the hotel. One great thing was their selection of yoghurts, microwavable diners, sandwiches and drinks for sale near the reception. Great practicality. The kids and I had arrived with a very late flight, needed to eat but didn't want to go to a restaurant, it was a great alternative. If you've got children and are on the move, it is so much better. We didn't try their breakfast as we had a very early flight but I thought the 15€ price a bit excessive. I don't pay this kind of price unless it's a magnificent buffet, which it didn't seem to be (I sent my gourmet son to investigate). But hey, you do your own experience, I can only speak for myself. I recommend the hotel 100%, great quality for the price we paid, and I repeat, great service. Enjoy! Clara B, French expatriate and a true gourmet.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The rooms were very spacious and clean. The hotel is very close to the airport and is a convenient shuttle ride to the airport. We left very early so I can't comment on the breakfast, but everything else surpassed expectations.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family