“Comfortable beds and lovely food.”

Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotel
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Reviewed 28 October 2011

The free shuttle bus is great. There's some nice walks opposite in the town. The restaurant within the hotel is lovely. The rooms are clean, spacious and the beds are comfortable. I've stayed there 2 times and would return again.

• Stayed: May 2011

Reviewed 27 October 2011

I arrived at the Marriott around 9 PM in the evening after driving in from Reims, France. Upon my arrival, I checked and received instructions on where to park the car. The car lot is directly on the premises and is not a problem. Be aware there is an additional charge to park a car.
I then went back to the front desk to complete check-in. I had left my bag at the desk and was rather surprised that the concierge/bellman standing to the left of the check-in desk made no attempt or offer to bring my bag to my room. While checking in the gentleman behind the desk indicated to me this was a 'points' room and I replied 'yes it is'. I thought his look was kind of weird. It was not until later that I finally arrived at my room did I realize why. I was given the absolute furthest room from the elevator.
Trying to find my room was another disaster. The gentleman that checked me in (I don't know his name, but he was short and slightly oriental looking) never told me I needed to put the keycard in the elevator. I kept going to the 3rd floor without understanding why. I then went back to the front desk and spoke to the same guy. I always return to the same person so you do not get a conflict of stories. I asked him how do I get to the 1st floor, I said it is impossible to get there from the elevator. His reply, 'it is not impossible, it is there'. I was ready to have a melt down at this point, I said loudly 'is there not anyone here that can take me to my room? The concierge/bellman (I don't know his name) he had an Indian appearance, the same guy that ignored me when I first had my bag took me to the elevator and showed me how to insert the card!! I had never been told this! I walked to my room dropped my bag and proceeded to the front desk. I never yelled but told the oriental guy 'I want to see your manager, and BTW you never told me to insert the card into the elevator'. It was with pleasure I watched his face go white. I did indeed finally speak to a team manager, I had to wait well over 10 minutes for someone to speak to me. I relayed the entire story to her, I have no idea what she will do if anything about it.
The following morning I was trying to check out around 4:30 AM, there was no one at the front desk. I waited until about 5 AM. I knew I had to pay for the car being in the lot and the woman behind the checkout desk asked for the ticket. I replied it was in the car. Going to the car there was a kiosk. There were instructions (in French) to pay with Visa or Mastercard, I tried and my credit card would not be accepted. I finally located a help button that went to the front desk of the Marriott and explained I was unable to use my credit cards to pay. Her reply was 'you have to pay at the front desk'. Why she did not ask for payment when I went to check out is beyond me. They had to know that I checked in and only stayed one night. I was only in this hotel approx. 7 hours, it was like being in the Twilight Zone. These people are in the hospitality industry, they either need better training or fired. If these were my employees, they would be fired. I understand this hotel is a transient stop for people leaving France or coming in, still there is no excuse for extraordinarily bad service!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank badsaltydog
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I stayed here for two nights on my own at the end of a long European trip as I had an early morning flight out of CDG. I got a good Priceline rate @ US$72 p.n, probably the best value hotel of my trip. I found the staff helpful and friendly, those that I inter-acted with all spoke excellent English. The concierge helped me book Versailles and Tour Eiffel tickets on-line to avoid the queues and advised me about the Paris Visite tickets as the most economical way to get around. It is way out of Paris but I bought a two day Paris Visite ticket which allows unlimited travel on the RER, Metro and buses and used the Black Bus to get to the station at CDG. Then I spent all day, both days wandering Paris. I travelled back late at night solo and felt safe at all times. The hotel is situated with lots of similar hotel properties in a suberb that appears to exist to service the airport. My room was large, comfortable and spotless. The black bus is the free shuttle to and from CDG, it comes regularly but it can get very full. I would stay here again if I leave from CDG.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We stayed here for one night on Oct. 1 before our flight home to the USA. We have stayed here 3 or 4 times before and always found it to be a very nice hotel. However, this trip, we noticed that the rooms are now showing signs of age, especially the carpet and upholstery. Still, it’s a very comfortable hotel. The front desk is very friendly and helpful. There is only one bellhop who is not always available.

Our room, #327, was a large room with a large, but standard bathroom. There was no shampoo in the room. When we asked housekeeping for shampoo, they said they didn’t have any. It was on order, but hadn’t arrived yet. What??? This is unacceptable for a Marriott, I think. The view from this room is of the front entrance of the hotel. We had free Internet access in our room, but I’m not sure if this is offered only to Platinum Elite members or if it is offered to everyone. Also, as Platinum Elite members, we had access to the Concierge Lounge, but we didn’t use it much due to a large group of very loud Americans who seemed to have occupied it as their personal space for several hours. (We went in at 6 pm and again at 8 pm and they were still there, even louder the 2nd time).

The restaurant continues to be quite bad quality, but you have to eat there anyway as there is no other place close by. (There are 2 or 3 small restaurants in the village of Roissy if you want to walk there). Even the grilled filet of beef with pommes frites, which we thought to be the most benign thing on the menu was among the worst pieces of filet we had ever eaten (and it cost 31 Euros)! The bar area is very nice, spacious & relaxing and the bartender very friendly.

There is a shuttle to & from the airport, but it is a bit of a nightmare to get to at the airport upon arrival (it’s in the SNCF Gare area). Waiting for it on the road (no sidewalk) & breathing in the fumes of all the shuttles coming & going is a bit unpleasant. Finally, it serves several hotels & takes forever. (The Marriott is the last stop). Our shuttle was packed with people. The next morning, we decided not to take the shuttle for the trip back to the airport and took a taxi instead.

Room Tip: All rooms are probably good here.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Beware the Black Bus that shuttles you from CDG to this lovely property. It's shared by about six hotels in the area and is a disaster. Jammed with bags and SRO passengers, it's a wild ride with little guidance from the driver. Waiting for pick-up at CDG is a zoo. But once you're on the property, this is a fine Marriott. If you're "gold" you'll get free access to the Executive Lounge on the first floor jammed with free food and drink. We ate dinner there, gratis.

As others have pointed out, wi-fi only in the lobby. Only ethernet in the rooms. Great TV with beaucoups English channels. Friendly efficient staff.

Room Tip: Near the elevator, otherwise a long walk.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Stayed at his hotel on the last night of a business trip to Paris, as I had an AM flight out of CDG. Getting to DeGaulle Airport in the AM from central Paris can be difficult as traffic is unpredictable, so this hotel helped quite a bit. The hotel is relatively new so everything is clean and up to date. Room is comfortable, bar/restaurant is nice and the breakfast is great. They have a free shuttle to the airport and the Roissy train stations.

My only two complaints..
1.the shuttle bus driver doesn't give any direction as to where to get off for various terminals. It was a bit confusing, but worked out fine in the end.
2. Wi-fi is great in the lobby and bar area but I couldn't get a signal in my room. Ethernet access is available, but WiFi is more convenient.

Another positive...the small store in the lobby has beer/soda/sandwiches etc reasonably priced so you don't get socked spending 8€ for a Coke from the mini-bar.

Good service...nice people.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Nice place to stay if you cannot get right into the city. Roissy is a charming little place with a park, restaurants, and shops. The hotels in Roissy offer free shuttle service to and from Charles de Gaulle airport. Here, you can take the train to Gard de Nor to the metro to get into Paris. This is a much cheaper route than taking a taxi into Paris. This hotel is mainly for business travelers and flight staff. Noe in the restaurant/bar is the friendliest, most excited employee we'd ever met. It was easy to see why he was employee of the month!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank calitravelbug
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roissy-en-France
2 mi away
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
#1 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle
Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de G...
#10 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & C...
#8 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
#2 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Mercure Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport et Convention
Mercure Paris Charles de Gaulle ...
#7 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle A...
#3 of 5 in Tremblay-En-France

Been to Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!