“A nice surprise”

Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotel
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed here as part of a coach trip, the hotel as a nice surprise. The room we stayed in was better than expected nice and spacious. The bed was so comfy really wish we could have taken it home.. We had dinner at LE 5 on the first night, we really enjoyed every mouthful. Compliments to the chef! If you get a chance take a walk around the tiny village everything is so pretty.

The only bad thing - the water coming out of the shower is either too hot or too cold, so best to run a hot bath and let it cool down.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LC1391

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We arrived late into Paris and stayed here on the first night of our holiday. The hotel is gorgeous and has a free shuttle service every 20 minutes to Terminal 1 and 2. The shuttle arrived on time and the hotel reception staff were extremely friendly and efficient.
Our room was perfect and we had dinner in the bar which was much better than I expected. Service from start to finish was excellent and breakfast was first class.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone with an early or late flight from CDG.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room which was very spacious and comfortable with everything that you would wish for...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed one night before morning flight back to the US. The lobby is nice enough and we had a drink in the Lobby Bar which was very friendly. We did walk the block to the village of Roissy, and found a cute restaurant filled with locals.

The room reminded me of Marriott, circa 1985. Nothing special, and they have those silly double beds. Bathroom was utilitarian.

Took the first shuttle in the morning, and the driver could not have been nicer.
Overall, value for the price, but nothing special.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank timm5353
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The ParisCharles De Gaulle Airport Marriott Hotel is located a little over a mile from Charles De Gaulle Airport. The hotel offers a free shuttle to and from the hotel and is very reliable, unlike the courtesy shuttle offered by the Hyatt Regency Paris – Charles de Gaulle when I stayed there last year.

The hotel is located near several other hotels including the Holiday Inn, an ibis hotel, a Novotel hotel and the Mercure Paris Roissy Charles De Gaulle.

Upon entering the hotel, the front desk is located to the left. There were several guests checking in so it took a few minutes before I was assisted. The front desk agent was very apologetic and my Platinum status was quickly recognized. I was given two certificates for breakfast, which allowed access to the buffet.

Upon entering the room, the bathroom is located to the right.

There is a single sink with somewhat limited counter space.

There is a shower/tub combo with Aromtherapy Essentials bath products. Water pressure and temperature were excellent.

The room includes a dresser/TV and coffee maker.

There is a fairly large desk with ample working room.

There is a small sitting area.

The bed is comfortable and room noise is at a minimum.

Several minutes after arriving in the room a fruit plate was delivered. I am not sure if this was a welcome amenity, but the fruit plate was huge and included three bananas, four kiwis and six apples in addition to a bottle of Evian water.

The room is starting to show its age and could use a refresh, but is still comfortable.

The breakfast buffet was extremely busy 7:00 AM. Hot items included bacon, sausage, eggs and beans. Cold items included bread, muffins, pastries, cereal, fruit and yogurt. Although the selection is not extensive it is nice to have something to eat before an early morning flight. The employees in the restaurant are friendly and helpful.

If arriving late or having an early morning flight I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TheMysteryTraveler
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed here during new year in 2012/13 (I know a year ago). As a business traveller I really do expect high standards.

The hotel itself is of a reasonably good standard and the front of house staff really are charmingly helpful. The building is striking once inside and the foyer creates a great first impression. The rooms are typical Marriott standard but as with most European hotels, there are no drinks facilities in the bedroom - rather a complimentary coffee machine was placed in Reception.

There is also a 24 hour snack shop available in the hotel, and it was apparent that the hotel had recently undergone conversion from a Courtyard by Marriott Hotel. Breakfast really is of a good standard and service at the bar is professional and of a good price.

The only two major downsides; the hotel is not easy to find, especially if you are not French. We got caught in the slip road at Terminal One of the Airport and when we asked where the hotel was, they said there was no Marriott Hotel nearby. Secondly, the housekeeping staff are truly awful, with the exception of the Supervisor. One barged her way into my room whilst I was getting ready to guide a group I was with around Paris.

Would I stay again? I probably would to be fair! It was super comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This was the most mediocre, unexceptional Marriott I've ever stayed in (and I'm a frequent traveler). The service was exceptional, though some with thinner skin might consider comments about me being American rather insulting. Room was fine, again nothing exceptional. Tan walls with one small picture over the bed and the rest bare. The hotel was clean and the food and restaurant service made up for what the front desk severely lacked. I expect better.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This was my first time staying at this property. Checked in, staff was very friendly. Room was average but clean and spacious. Breakfast was pretty standard, but filling. The gym was pretty large, although one of the treadmills didnt seem to want to function properly. I ordered a club sandwich from room service. Club sandwiches are usually pretty good at most European hotels, but this was the saddest, smallest club sandwich I had ever seen. I was pretty disappointed. It was the most inexspensive club Ive had at a Euro hotel though, so I guess you get what you pay for. All in all, not a bad stay, I would be ok with staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business