“A nice hotel to stay”

Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotel
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I was used to go often to that hotel with my girlfriend because its just beside the airport and its a very good hotel. The food there is good and the staff are nice and competent. The rooms are spacious. Its the perfect hotel to stay if you have a flight to take. Less than 10 minutes from the airport. I hope to go there again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed here for a couple of days as I wanted to be close to the airport for a late-night arrival. I had reservation at another hotel in central Paris for the second night but ended up staying here because I liked the hotel and its proximity to the airport. The room was comfortable and consistent with Marriott's high standards. There was no executive lounge The breakfast offered a wide variety of items, and the service was great. The hotel shuttle runs frequently between the hotel and the airport. Unlike other hotels in the area that share a shuttle service, the Marriott has its own shuttle so it does not make any stops between the hotel and the airport. Central Paris is very accessible by train from the airport. The last shuttle from the airport to the hotel leaves at 11:30 p.m. After that, it will be difficult, if not impossible, to find any cabs as most taxi drivers refuse to pick up passengers from the airport for nearby airport hotels, as I found out the hard way.

Room Tip: It's a quiet neighborhood, so it probably doesn't matter which side the room faces. Rooms d...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Let me start with saying I love the Marriott. Let me also say I was very disappointed with how dinner went. It took over an hour and a half to get our two kids meals hot dogs and a hamburger!

My wife and I travel extensively and are loyal Marriott (Gold and up over the years) members. We used over 360k points (that we earned in the past 18 months) to stay in Paris for four nights. After staying at the exemplary Marriott Champs-Elysses, the shock was drastic and I just can't recommend this hotel due to our experience.

Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank StainlessP
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Airport hotels are never something to write home about (which actually bears the question as to why I'm writing this). Having your attention for only one-night, the hotel management and staff has a 50/50 chance of wowing you or disappointing you. So, here it is. The Marriott in Charles-de-Gaulle (while still in the middle of the totally unaesthetic Roissy area) had a bit of a "flair" that can charm you, IF you’re not expecting much in terms of nearby entertainment. I stayed in the hotel in mid-December (so this review is a bit overdue).

First thing you need to know if you're landing in CDG and coming from the airport, it’ll take you some gray cells, (and a bit of luck) to find out where to go wait for the hotels’ shuttles. There’s only ONE elevetor that will take you to the sidewalk where the shuttle comes. And once you find that ONE elevator that takes you to that floor, it will take you exactly where all the shuttles come to pick up hotel guests (I think it's the 5th floor, but you should check). But, the shuttle for the Marriott itself does NOT make its stop at the same point of the sidewalk as the other shuttles, namely the big “black bus” that serves many, many airport hotels in the area. So, take time and read the different poles which have signs of the hotels. The one for Marriott is actually ACROSS the side where most of the other hotels have their shuttle stopping for passenger pick-up. I didn't know that. As everyone was standing on one side the street, I just stood there too, only to see every possible shuttle go and come back a few times, without ever seeing the Marriott one. Then I asked some worker who was picking up carts left outside by passengers and taking them inside; that’s when he pointed at the island in the middle of the street and told me that’s where the Marriott shuttle stopped. But that was more than 1 hr after I'd been waiting. I walked there, and indeed then there I was the Marriott logo well displayed on the signpost. So, if you get out of the elevator, and you don’t see the Marriott logo on the signpost where you’re standing, chances are (actually no chances, it is sure) that you’re not standing at the right place.

I stayed there from Friday evening to Saturday, and the breakfast was included for me as a Gold Rewards member (not sure it always is), but it was most definitely worth it. As it was a Saturday, that breakfast was in the big restaurant downstairs, (usually it’s in the executive lounge for the Marriots who have such lounge: I don’t know if this one does – I was only there for 1 night). The exec lounge would only have a reduced menu. But this breakfast had lots of dishes (hot, cold), many fruits, all sorts of cereals, porridge, pancakes, etc. different cold items (salmon, herrings, capers, and several made-to-order types of omelettes (Parisian, American, Asian). They actually had a sign that describes what was considered a Parisian omelette Vs an American one. Also, when I checked-in, the hotel gave me a 5 Euro voucher to use at their bar (appropriately called "Le Cinq", which means "The Five" in French; so five bucks to spent at the “five”). There was nothing in the bar that cost 5 euros, but it kind of paid for an 8 euros glass of rosé.
As airport hotels go, this one also has more space than a hotel inside Paris (Ile-de-France, as they call it) would have. So, my room was huge (by any Parisian or European standards) and would also still be considered sizable by US standards. (But don’t expect that if you’re in a hotel in the city of Paris itself). Service was excellent, in line with Marriott's standards, and the doesn't seem to be really within the flight corridor, as I didn't hear any planes coming and going.

One negative: they didn't call me for the shuttle, although I told the reception at what time I wanted to leave (i.e. which shuttle I'd be taking to the airport). I believe they depart every half-hour. Luckily, I had given myself some lead time. So, it didn't bother me to leave in the next shuttle, rather than the one I had planned. But do make reservations, especially if your flight was canceled for weather reasons, as usually that means there are more travelers in the airport hotels who will use the shuttle.

There isn’t much to do around the Roissy area itself. So, if you are there for more than an overnight stay, you’ll need to go into Paris for any sight-seeing or real recreation. But as far as airport hotels go, this one hold its own. Can't find the pics I took, but will upload them as soon as I found the folder where I saved them.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank DustyFeet-MacheAnpil
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We just returned from a three week vacation in Paris. We usually stay at the Marriott Village d'lle-de-France as this is our third time in Paris. We wanted a non stop flight and Delta only fly's non stop on certain days from Pittsburgh. So we left a day earlier and booked the CDG Marriott on the first day and two days at the end after vacationing in Paris. This was without doubt the best vacation we have had in years because of the transportation connections and of course Marriott! Our flight left Pittsburgh late in the afternoon and after the usual day of departure chores everyone has to do (cleaning, stopping mail, newspapers, taking dogs to the kennel, etc) we sat in the aircraft exhausted. After landing we worked our way to the Marriott Shuttle, very easy to find, and were picked up within minutes. Our bags were taken out of the van we proceeded to the front desk and were greeted by a gentleman named Rudy. Exceptional service! A week before we left we got a reminder email from Marriott regarding our stay and I emailed back asking for an early arrival and hoping someone read it. Well within two or three minutes Rudy completed the usual check-in requirements and stated that our room was ready.  Just phenomenal service! After arriving at our room we dropped our bags in the corner and just crashed on the bed. Don't forget to place your room key in the slot on the wall, located on the wall on the right, in order to activate the power to the room. We slept until mid afternoon, freshened up, and then decided to check out the surroundings. The hotel is spotless, the service is tremendous, the outside grounds are manicured and the transportation is second to none! We purchased a bottle of wine and forgot that we did not bring a cork screw so we went to the front desk to inquire if we could get one. The lady at the desk immediately ran to the bar for one. The bar could not lend one at the moment so she ran to the kitchen and got one. How in the world can you beat this kind of service? These folks made our vacation/anniversary a huge success and we thank you so very deeply. We got a map of the area and were on our way. After walking out of the hotel go to your left, cross the street, and walk thru the great little park along the zig-zagging walkways. Once you complele the two minute walk you will come to the Avenue Charlde de Gaulle which is a very short street. All the way to the left is Roissy Pizza, great pizza, then there are two or three bistro's and then to your right you will come to a stop sign. At the stop sign make a left then there will be a bakery, King's pizza, Moon Sushi, then a small parking lot. To the right is a Carrefour Express, small grocery store, then to the right is a post office and across the street is another small grocery store named Casino. Be careful as in mid afternoon many of the food outlets close and reopen at approx 6:30pm. Ok, there is also a large mall called the Aeroville which has a free shuttle from all the hotels. Get the time schedule at the front desk. Walk out of the hotel, proceed to your left, go left again to the crosswalk. Once crossing the street you will see a bus stop on your right and to the left is the Office de Tourism. Don't stand at the bus stop, stand in front of the Office de Tourism as this is were the bus will stop and the bus is clearly marked "Aeroville". The bus will stop at a few hotels and may stop at one of the hotels for a short period (minute or two) in order to keep on schedule. Once at the mall there is a food court (McDonalds, Crepes and Creations, Johnny B Goodes, Dim Sum, Cafe 360, and a few others) and a great number of shops including an Auchan which is a huge supermarket. Leave the mall and wait for the bus where you were left off and the Marriott will be the second stop.
Ok, how to get to the Marriott from the airport. Once you land at more than likely Terminal 2E, you will go through customs and once out of customs you will see overhead signs pointing to the left for SNCF Railways, CDG Shuttles, Hotel Shuttles. Go to the left and now you will be walking along a glass and on the other side of the glass wall is where you just retrieved your luggage. After a short walk the arrows for the railways and shuttles will point to the left and up a set of escalators. Go up the escalators and follow the arrows which are clearly marked. After two short people movers the arrows will point to the right which is where you want to go. Now if you look down you will see two open floors which go down to the train station, this is not you! Look to your right and you will see a large sign that says PAUL which is a small pastry shop. Go there and in front of the shop, one to the left and one on the right, will be two lifts (elevators) and behind them is a flight of steps which all go up one floor. Lift or steps will take you up one floor and when the doors open go directly to your left and you will come to a small Marriott sign. Do not cross the little bus lane as the Marriott Shuttle does not stop there as it is for other hotels and shuttles. On the way home just reverse the process. Just super easy!!
In closing you will see a great number of flight crews staying at the CDG Marriott which is a good sign of excellent service. We met two pilots from Jet Airways and while in chat we asked why they stay at Marriotts and they stated that all their pilots took a survey a few years ago as to where they would like to stay at CDG. They stated that the survey was overwhelming Marriott. We are Platinum Marriott members and own four weeks and Marriott has never, never, let us down and we travel worldwide! Sorry for the length but just trying to help.
Marriott Charles de Gaulle thank you so deeply for making our 44th anniversary such a huge success and we will see you again next year!

Rich and Dr. Linda W

Room Tip: All rooms were great but we prefer a higher level.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank RichnLin
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This was our 2nd visit in 2 years. Great airport location. We had a rental car but you could easily catch the train to the city. Hotel is very nice with a big reception and bar area. We had a suite which was very comfortable and quiet. We even used the gym a few days. I looked forward to the breakfast every morning. Lots of choices and delicious! Definitely our hotel choice for outside of the city.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed in the Marriott at the end of our stay in France. We arrived via the high speed train which was incredibly easy. From there just a quick walk to the shuttle, (Marriott) van. Didn't wait long and the rooms are huge, comfortable and quiet. The outside of the hotel isn't terrific but the lobby is welcoming and busy. The biggest issue we had with our stay was dinner. We arrived at the restaurant at 8:30 and it took forever to get anyone to wait n us ... we finally moved to the bar area and then didn't actually receive any food until after 10:00. We were tired after a day of travel and there simply weren't enough staff to accommodate the volume. The staff was working so hard and we really felt very sorry for them but this level of service is really not acceptable. Again, the waiter apologized over and over and was running all over the place trying to do his job. There was simply not enough staff present.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple