“Nice Option at CDG”

Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Westlake Village, California
“Nice Option at CDG”
Reviewed 1 September 2009

Nice hotel option. I have stayed at the Sheraton at CDG before and was looking for a hotel for the night before our flight. I pricelined this one, and got it for a good deal. So I was willing to deal with the Shuttle--and it was really a nice surprise. The hotel does a good job of warming up a rather industrial exterior. Its quiet, from the windows and from hallway noise. Its beds are great--down pillows and pillow top mattresses. The toiletries are nice. The rooms are larger than normal, with a desk and chair. We pushed the furniture aside and played a card game with 5 of us--so its not a tight fit. Unfortunately, no free Wi-Fi (which for a hotel of this price range, it should be free--Residence Inns have free Wi-Fi for heavens sake). The business center also charges a hefty 8 euro an hour fee for their computers. In this wired world, free internet access buys a large amount of good-will for travelers.
The town of Roissy--which is a block walk through a charming park with fun placard photos of France and nice benches--offers some dining options that don't feel like your typical tourist eateries. I was thankful for some charm in the midst of the airport bustle. I would leave lots of time for the shuttle to CDG. Different buses go to different terminals at different times (the bus to terminal 2 goes every 15 minutes, the one to terminal 1 goes every 30 minutes, but they don't tell you this upon check-in, necessarily.). The buses charge 5 Euro per room, so don't expect free, and you can't walk to the airport. The staff was efficient and friendly, not pushy, but not necessarily thorough. They helped us with a phone call to a chocolate shop in Paris, and quite willingly. Overall, it was a great option for CDG and I would stay here again for a night.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank playquartets

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
California,USA
Reviewed 25 July 2009

I have been here for 1 week ( Company meeting). The room was clean ( I stayed at the executive level) with very good and fast internet connection (no wi-fi available in the room). We had dinners and lunches at the estaurant: the food is very good, the service...not very fast. Some of the hotel staff are completely useless but in general, they tried to satisfy your needs. The meeting rooms were clean and the food served during breaks was excellent.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Alabama
Reviewed 2 May 2009

We had to catch an early flight to the US and decided to stay here as it is close to the CDG airport. Purchased the room through Priceline. The room was excellent, my problem was with how they handle WiFi. I attempted to connect w/o success.

I called the desk and was told I could either pay 8 euros to turn it on for an hour or 19 euros for 24 hours. When I voiced a negative opinion to these options she told me I could come down, buy a 10 euro prepay card at the desk and have 60 minutes of connect time which would more than suite my needs until the next morning. I bought the card and returned to my room only to find it would not work. Returning to the desk I was now told the card would only work on the lobby computers, not in the room.

If they had communicated better with me it would have saved me several trips to the desk.

• Stayed April 2009
1 Thank bladebroker
Texas
Reviewed 16 April 2009

After two weeks in Europe staying at many Rick Steves' backdoor recommendations, we decided to move closer to CDG as our flight left early the next day. We also wanted a bit of a splurge. We took the RER to the airport and rode the free shuttle to the hotel. Immediately when entering it was a breath of fresh air. The entrance is grand. The staff was very nice and spoke English well. We were allowed to check in early. Our room was great. There were multiple English channels on the TV and the beds were very comfortable. We had 2 full size beds. The bath/shower was huge. Room service was great and came up within 25 minutes. The only drawback is that if you don't have your computer and you want to use the Business Center, it's 10 Euros for an hour card. There is complimentary coffee/tea in the morning by the elevator and a shuttle is available to the airport. I think it's 5 Euros per person, but the staff gave us complimentary tickets. Slept well and would recommend this place for sure.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank CollectingMiles
Lancaster County, PA
Reviewed 7 April 2009

My husband and I stayed at this Marriott both on arriving and leaving France. I used my frequent stay guest points, but the starting rates are not bad and we really liked the hotel, so I wouldn't mind paying for a stay on another visit.

The hotel has very attractive public areas and typically nice Marriott rooms. The beds are super comfortable. The front desk staff speaks English and is very helpful and friendly. There is a frequent hotel shuttle bus that makes the rounds of nearby hotels on its way to and from the airport. Do be careful to allow plenty of time if you have a morning flight. When we were there, the shuttle was fairly crowded, and you might need to wait for the next run to get on. As I said, the trips are frequent, so this shouldn't really be a huge problem.

We didn't eat breakfast in the dining room but checked out the prices, and, as is typical for an airport hotel, it was expensive. However, we found that the McDonald's right in CDG airport (both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 has one, I believe) had a nice deal if you don't mind fast food. For under 5 Euros you got orange juice, an Egg McMuffin, coffee, and three very small croissants - filling and delicious!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank patrema
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 January 2009

As is my wont, I booked this hotel to ensure I was in the vicinty of the airport prior to an early morning flight. It wins my award for the most surprising Marriott of 2008 (I stay at Marriott A LOT!). I wasn't expecting much, seeing as it is an airport hotel, and a rather new Marriott at that.

The hotel is spread out. It may take a while for you to walk to your room, but the room lives up to standards of the Marriott chain and beyond. In fact, if you were dropped into the room, it would be hard to tell if you were in Paris, Denver, or Detroit (yes, there is god and bad about that, but if you travel all the time, consistency is of some value). The place, assisted by its young age, was essentially spotless. The bed was comfortable. Check-in was smooth and efficient, though they ignored the elite member check-in line.

I had asked for a quiet room and that's what I got. Quiet and far far away from the desk. No big deal. I got a good night's sleep.

The Concierge lounge was not complete at the time of my stay, and while I qualified for morning access and breakfast in its stead, I had to leave for my flight so, unfortunately, no review of the lounge as is my habit.

Service was very good. They provided good directions to a local restaurant (and there are good options within a 3-5 minute walk, which can't be said for other CDG hotels). In the morning they comp'd me the shuttle ride back to the airport.

A word of warning, go to terminal 2 for the transit bus to the hotel. We made the mistake of getting off the train early at the first CDG station. Bad choice. It took nearly an hour for the bus to get there and then we had to endure a double trip to terminal 1 (a gate malfunction caused us to circle for a while). Thinking of walking? And it gets tempting the longer you wait for the bus. Don't. Stop thinking that. While you can almost see the hotel from the terminal area... you can't get there from here.

All-in-all, a very good airport hotel. I will stay there again without question.

• Liked — Proximity to CDG and Service
  • Disliked — lack of concierge lounge
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank GeoMedic
athens
Reviewed 24 October 2008

I stayed for 7 days and was visiting Paris for business trip. Nice rooms but without mini bars??? For 350 euro i expected to have some water to drink in my room and i have a medicine that needed refrigerating but they actually cared on the last day. Room servise left me with no towels one day and they forgot to bring us breakfast 2 times. Plus they send me another persons laundry. Room servise + service in the restaurant is not very good.So my stay this time was disappointing.

• Liked — the beds
  • Disliked — the service
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roissy-en-France
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
#1 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
#3 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle A...
#2 of 5 in Tremblay-En-France
citizenM Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
citizenM Paris Charles de Gaulle...
#1 of 5 in Tremblay-En-France
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & C...
#11 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Ibis Styles Paris CDG Airport Roissy
Ibis Styles Paris CDG Airport Ro...
#2 of 30 in Roissy-en-France

Been to Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!