“A good rest and workout on layover at CDG!”

Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy CDG
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Port Washington, New York
“A good rest and workout on layover at CDG!”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I had to lay over at Charles de Gaulle on my way home from England, and booked this on Hotwire because I could see it had a free airport shuttle. Getting a 4-star hotel for $90 seemed like either a great find or a nasty trick... but everything worked out great! I REALLY appreciated the gym (which has treadmills, elliptical, bike, stairmaster, and weight machines) and pool being open till 11 pm--perfect for a thorough, much-needed workout. A lovely path behind the hotel takes you into the village (about 5 minutes walk) where you can get dinner or groceries (small Carrefour supermarket in the main square is open till 9 pm, boulangerie closes at 7:30 pm). The hotel itself is very deluxe feeling and super clean, but smells much too perfumey for me--if you are sensitive to perfumes, be warned. The room was beautiful, fantastic bed with extra pillows, good free wifi, soft fluffy towels and nice toiletries. Watch out for the minibar that seems to be the kind that charges you automatically if you pick up anything inside. Electric teakettle and plenty of teabags provided. Only one English channel on TV (BBC). Many people seem to order room service from the restaurant--you can have a feast off the fresh fruit they leave on their trays uneaten, outside their doors! (Why pay for an expensive breakfast?!)
Thanks to previous reviews on TripAdvisor, I had no trouble finding the shuttle bus, but it is a little complicated--if you arrive at Terminal 2, you need to follow the signs for the CDGVAL train (free) which takes you to Terminal 3, where the shuttle stops. Then be careful to get on the right bus as there is another Novotel hotel in Roissy which uses a different bus. I could not believe how long it took for the shuttle to get from Terminal 3 to the hotel--it seemed to circulate the entire enormous airport several times, taking more than half an hour. But on the way back to the airport, it was a much shorter ride, and the schedule the front desk gave me proved accurate. Overall, I had an excellent stay and really enjoyed this place, especially at such a reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank flyermontana
PMARCHAND, Directeur général at Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy CDG, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Flyer montana,

Thank for your detailled comments.
You appreciate our hotel and this, will be shared with all the team.
May we welcome you for your next stay in France?
Philippe Marchand - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Healdsburg, CA
Reviewed 2 July 2013

A few things to know about this hotel. 1) It is not AT the airport. Roissy is further away than I thought. There’s a free shuttle, but the schedule is erratic and takes about 40 minutes to do its tour. The wait can be long. The bus can be very crowded. Plan accordingly. 2) While the staff is well-meaning and friendly, we received different and contradictory answers to simple questions, like the shuttle schedule. (I speak both French and English. It didn’t matter.) 3) The hotel breakfast is the worst I’ve ever had, and it’s not cheap. The coffee was undrinkable. Do not eat here. 4) The room was fine, nothing special. I booked this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews, but would not return.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Carole M
Dear Javajanet,

You were not impressed by your stay in our hotel, and I apologize for that.
Normally we have no bad comments regarding breakfast, and you can choose yourself the coffee you want with the self service coffee machine.
I am very sorry for this bad impression, and I hope we'll welcome an other and will try to rebuilt your trust in the Novotel Brand.
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

After a month travelling throughout France, my wife and I decided to stay at the Novotel Convention and Wellness Hotel before commencing our journey back to Australia. This hotel delivered everything that we were looking for at this stage of our holiday. It was close to the airport, it had good facilities and to our surprise the restaurant served one of the best meals (simple but very flavoursome)

If you want a hassle and stress free start to your journey home I would certainly recommend spending a night at the Novotel Convention and Wellness Hotel. The room we are in is very spacious and well appointed, it gave us the space to make last minute adjustments to our luggage and provided a restful night's sleep. The shuttle service is free and runs at regular intervals to ensure that we will be at our terminal on time.

Spending a night at an airport hotel before returning home will definitely become become part of our holiday template.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

What a pleasure to read that our hotel is able to offer a restful stay before a trip.
Thank you for your comments.
I hope we'll welcome you for your next stay in Roissy CDG Airport.
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The hotel has big rooms with big bed and extra sofa. The price is quite high (no breakfast included) but i guess is quite standard for Paris. Easy shuttle service to the terminals. Good restaurant for lunch/dinner. We had our breakfast served in the room: really a poor continental breakfast for 19 Euro!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
PMARCHAND, Directeur général at Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy CDG, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Dear Guest Danessia,

I really appreciate your last comments and I notice your feeling regarding the continental breakfast served in room-service, and that you appreciated ou free shuttle service to and from the airport.
I hope Novotel Roissy Convention & Wellness will welcome you for your next stay in Roissy CDG Airport.
Philippe Marchand
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Good area for connections to CDG airport. Nice little village and restaurants within walking distance.

Service at the reception could be better.

Shuttle to the airport is free, and has to be experienced to be believed. ;-)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Nicolas E
PMARCHAND, Directeur général at Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy CDG, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear Guest Nicolas E,

Thank you for your appreciation regading your last stay.
I appreciate the time you took to share your impression.
Leuven
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Last weekend, my 7-year old son and myself had planned a visit to Disneyland Paris. In order to minimize travel time and costs, I decided to enter France by train (TGV until CDG Roissy) on Friday 14/06 and leave from CDG by plain on Sunday 16/06.
In order to get to Disneyland I had to rent a car. So for my choice of nearby hotels (i.e. around the airport because I didn't want to travel too much on Sunday, the day of our departure), I had plenty of choice. Given the very good experiences I already had with Novotel in Clermont-Ferrand and Lille I found a very nice weekend deal for the Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy.
The hotel itself was quite difficult to find given the fact that the Accor Group actually owns 4 hotels in or nearby Paris Charles de Gaulle. After our third drive-park-walk-in we finally arrived at the desired location. So, 1 important advice if you drive your own car to Novotel Convention & Wellness: head for Roissy-en-France and don't get distracted by the roadsigns pointing to Accor / Novotel closer to the airport. It only takes 10 minutes to drive from Terminal 2 to the entrance of the hotel.
We paid 250 EUR for a spacious, clean and very sound-proof room for two persons during two nights. The room itself was equipped with a sofa allowing 2 other persons to sleep if needed. The staff is very friendly and shows a real interest. Breakfast is served from 5.30 till 11 o'clock, so plenty of time over the weekend.
They have a lot of pilots and cabin crew amongst their guests. I have no special remarks as all things were just perfect. If you need to sleep over at CDG, I can highly recommend them.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Stan S,

Thank you for your complete comments.
You appreciate our hotel, and it's a pleasure for me and all the team.
I hope we'll welcome you for your next stay in France.
Best regards.
Philippe Marchand - General Manager.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Hotel is very close to the airport, and there are shuttles from the terminal to the hotel, but it was a challenge to identify the correct shuttle as there are other Novotel hotels around this airport (this one has a 'white' bus).

The rooms was large and the hotel has a huge lobby, but the staff were not too friendly, though they spoke good English. The spa is the big draw here, but as i was on business, did not get an opportunity to use any of the facilities.

The rooms are well furnished, and the bathroom has modern fittings. There was a coffee maker in the room. Laundry service was efficient and reasonably priced.

The breakfast buffet was very extensive and the restaurant is quite busy in the mornings so they have more than one coffee machine. No special requests for eggs to order or any such thing. The bar is average, and the two or three bartenders usually have to be called upon multiple times to refill glasses or take new orders.

Location is ideal if one has work not far from the airport.

Room Tip: Spa facilities are booked quite early and fast so if you need a massage or something make sure you t...