“Not good”

Novotel Roissy CDG Convention & Spa
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel last week on a business trip, we were exhibiting at the nearby conference center. I have never been so disappointed with a 4 star hotel as I was with this hotel. The hotel is in a great location for the airport and the conference centre and only a ten minute walk in to Roissy, thats the only benefits of this hotel unfortunately. I checked in and went to my room and the key card didn't work, I went back to reception and my card was reissued, this unfortunately happened every day for the duration of my stay, not once did my card work when I returned to my room, the same thing also happened to all of my colleagues who were travelling with me, we had several rooms booked in this hotel.
When I came to unpack the only place to hang any clothes was an open sided lean to in the corner of the room with 5 hangers in it, no wardrobe?? There was a very small cupboard which I put some of my clothes in but the rest had to stay in the suitcase. There were no drawers??
The bed was really lumpy with foam filled pillows which were equally as lumpy, the combination of the two lead to 3 very poor nights sleep.Remember this is a 4 star hotel!
Breakfast was equally disappointing, the raw sausage which was served daily was definitely unapealing and the scrambled egg looked reminiscent of something the cat might have brought up. It's not hard to provide a decent breakfast. We also ate in the restaurant one evening, what a mistake, we wouldn't recommend it.
As this hotel is part of the Accor group I am shocked that this standard is allowed, as it is at the moment I would not return and would definately not recomend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank No1Scribbler
Write a ReviewReviews (1,329)

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We were returning to Canada from Lyon and had an early morning flight so it made sense to stay right at CDG. The hotel shuttle was easy to find (Level 5) and convenient, both to and from the hotel. We decided to arrive earlier in the afternoon, take advantage of the nearby village of Roissy for a walk and for our last taste of France. It was a nice walk but we were too late for lunch and far too early for dinner. Roissy is a quaint little village, but not much there.
All of the hotel staff we interacted with were great – efficient, friendly and helpful. The room was clean, spacious with good wifi. We used the spa and found the steam room and pool very nice and afterwards took advantage of the relaxation room to cool down and to enjoy a cup of tea, which was provided. While I did not take advantage of the exercise room, it seemed to have all of the necessary equipment along with helpful staff. We did visit the restaurant for dinner and breakfast, both expensive but typical of airport hotels, especially Paris hotels. After spending a month in the Czech Republic and France, the “traditional” hamburger featured on the menu caught my attention, even if it was 16 Euros. And it was the TASTIEST HAMBURGER I HAVE EVER HAD! No, it didn’t come with “lots of stuff” (no cheese, bacon, mushrooms, onions), just a little sauce and a tomato, but the meat was tender and delicious. In the future, I will consider this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed here for a conference at Paris Nord Villepinte but the hotel has a problem getting taxis to take you there and then they try to rip you off. Not a fault of the hotel per se, but they could lay on more shuttle services (I would have paid for it). The rooms are the usual standard and the communal areas clean and there is even a gaming area adjacent to reception. The only criticism I had was regarding the restaurant - the food was great but the service really slow.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jonathan H
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night in September 2013.

Arrived around 14hs, the room was ready for us and the staff was extremely friendly and efficient.

Our room was a smoking room and although it had some burns in the carpet, it didn't really smelled cigarette and it was very clean, good size and modern.

Since we had a whole afternoon free, we went to the wellness area.
The pool is a good size, heated and very clean.

The spa area with the Haman and the sauna was very nice, relaxing and again very clean.

The bar has good choices of drinks and snacks.

The only negative point at this hotel is the food at the restaurant.
We had supper at the restaurant and it took a long time to have the dishes served and when they came, they were cold. I ordered fish and it was tasteless. My husband ordered steak and it was tasty but cold.

The breakfast is quite well served however I found the way the scrambled eggs were prepared quite distasteful, it looked like it was mixed in a blender and tasted like starch.

As a Travel industry's worker, I would highly recommend this hotel to my clients, it's a great value for the price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed here for one night with my sister in early November. We were due to fly out the next day and had just finished a 9 hour drive from across the country. The Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy CDG was heaven sent. We had a double room on the third floor, the room was spacious with a nice bathroom (great water pressure and temperature in the shower), modern and had a great view. The beds were comfortable with good pillows. The hotel has free WIFI and free access to the spa. The spa was our favorite part. Free access to the heated swimming pool, sauna and steam room was great to relieve a bit of tension before our long haul flight. We honestly didn't want to leave. The staff were very friendly and helpful plus the free shuttle to/from the airport was frequent, easily accessible and big enough for a lot of luggage (we were travelling with surf boards and musical instruments). Nothing was too much. The only negative thing and it is very minor, was the food. The food was very tasty and very well cooked, however it wasn't quite what we expected. I ordered a burger (needed a piece of home at this point) and I received a steak. The steak was cooked to perfection, but maybe for future orders of the burger, mention you want a burger with a bun, not just a piece of steak. The vegetables we ordered were also drenched in butter. It was yummy, but we were hoping for just plain steamed vegetables. Also, the breakfast was expensive and for the money, not really worth it - but still tasty. Do not let this minor food complaint get in the way of booking at the Novotel Convention and Wellness. It was so lovely to have a spacious place to relax before and after long commutes, friendly English speaking staff and the spa area. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed here overnight before my boyfriend and I were catching flights the next day at CDG.
Was very nice place. The staff was lovely and we enjoyed the room service we ordered. The room was very spacious.
We picked this place for the value, the free wifi and the free shuttle to the airport and we were not let down by any of it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2013

never tried the spa area as in 2012 it was not yet open but looks like this hotel is one of the favourite in the area of parc des exposition\roissy en france. Rooms are big, clean and the restaurant is good. New hotel that can offer a good business center as well as facilities like fitness center.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business