My family and I stayed at this hotel over new year as it has easy access to both EuroDisney and the centre of Paris. The Disney parks are around 25 minutes drive away and there's a free shuttle bus from the hotel to the airport where you can get the train into Paris.
I booked two rooms online but was unable to specify that they be next to each other, have baths and be non-smoking. I emailed the hotel after booking and received a prompt reply saying that there was no problem with any of my requests. In the meantime I emailed again to ask for more details about parking on-site as both the website I booked through and that of the hotel mention only that the parking is "payable" and I was a little uneasy about these vague charges. Despite replying promptly to my first mail, my request for information about parking was ignored.
When I checked in I was told that parking was free for the first three hours and was then charged at 2 euros per hour! Over the course of our three night stay that would amount to nearly 150 euros!! I understand why they were reluctant to pre warn me or publish these details on their website! Even the screen behind reception which shows the room rates doesn't mention parking charges, neither does the sign outside the hotel. The receptionist told me that the charges are displayed as you enter the car park but I never saw them and in any event that's no use whatever when booking online. Interestingly the Novotel literally 100m up the street charges 10 euros a day according to the sign outside the hotel but this Novotel will try and rip you off.
I was eventually able to negotiate a reduced parking rate of 12 euros a day but this initial experience coloured my whole view of the hotel which was otherwise very good.
As such I would give this hotel 4 stars if you're not parking there and only two if you are.
The rooms were spacious and the breakfasts as good a buffet as you'll find anywhere. The evening meal was satisfactory though the portions were quite small. The staff were generally helpful (except when discussing parking) and there are maps of Paris and details of the shuttle and train services available at reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Convention and Wellness Roissy CDG is a 4 star hotel with 289 rooms located near Roissy CDG Airport, 25 km from Paris. Ideal for a business trip to Paris or for seminars and conferences with 1,200 sqm of space across 18 modular rooms. Relax in our Wellness Club, a 600 sqm spa centre with heated swimming pool, Turkish steam bath, sauna, gym, massages and beauty treatments. Contemporary and friendly, our Novotel Cafe will tempt you with its original and varied menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy CDG reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy Cdg Hotel Roissy
- Novotel Convention And Wellness Roissy Cdg
- Novotel Roissy
- Roissy Novotel