“Good hotel with hidden, extortionate parking charges.”

Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy CDG
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Leeds, UK
“Good hotel with hidden, extortionate parking charges.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel over new year as it has easy access to both EuroDisney and the centre of Paris. The Disney parks are around 25 minutes drive away and there's a free shuttle bus from the hotel to the airport where you can get the train into Paris.
I booked two rooms online but was unable to specify that they be next to each other, have baths and be non-smoking. I emailed the hotel after booking and received a prompt reply saying that there was no problem with any of my requests. In the meantime I emailed again to ask for more details about parking on-site as both the website I booked through and that of the hotel mention only that the parking is "payable" and I was a little uneasy about these vague charges. Despite replying promptly to my first mail, my request for information about parking was ignored.
When I checked in I was told that parking was free for the first three hours and was then charged at 2 euros per hour! Over the course of our three night stay that would amount to nearly 150 euros!! I understand why they were reluctant to pre warn me or publish these details on their website! Even the screen behind reception which shows the room rates doesn't mention parking charges, neither does the sign outside the hotel. The receptionist told me that the charges are displayed as you enter the car park but I never saw them and in any event that's no use whatever when booking online. Interestingly the Novotel literally 100m up the street charges 10 euros a day according to the sign outside the hotel but this Novotel will try and rip you off.
I was eventually able to negotiate a reduced parking rate of 12 euros a day but this initial experience coloured my whole view of the hotel which was otherwise very good.

As such I would give this hotel 4 stars if you're not parking there and only two if you are.

The rooms were spacious and the breakfasts as good a buffet as you'll find anywhere. The evening meal was satisfactory though the portions were quite small. The staff were generally helpful (except when discussing parking) and there are maps of Paris and details of the shuttle and train services available at reception.

1 Thank dingwam
Dominique G, Directeur général at Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy CDG, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to share your impressions about your recent stay in our hotel. I read very carefully all the detailed comments you wrote, particularly about the parking rates. First of all, I would like to apologize if the information about the parking rates was not precise enough. Please be assured that there is no intention of "ripping off" our clients! The maximum rate for 24h is 21€ and in case of 4 consecutive nights the rate would be 12€ per day.
I do hope that despite this misunderstanding, you will give us a chance to stay again in our hotel in the future.
Awaiting the pleasure of welcoming you on a next occasion,
Dominique Grandjonc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Leeds
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Conveniently located near airport with regular free shuttle bus to CDG. We stayed here for 3 nights as a base for a Disneyland and Paris trip. Clean, modern, bright hotel. Nice spa facility with pool, sauna, steam room, gym and beauty/therapy rooms. Spacious, quiet room with bath. e didn't like the mattress, both of us found it lumpy/uncomfortable. We ate there too on the 1st night and although portions not huge, it wasn't too pricey (captive audience) and service was prompt. The thing that I thought was great was the breakfast, it was a large dining area, so much choice, all freshly prepared and tasty, (no fighting over bread rolls) Pastries, cheeses, fruit, cereals, bread, hot breakfast, pancakes,good coffee - just about anything you might want. After the 1st day, I was genuinely looking forward to my breakfast the next day, Only warning is that the car park is chargeable and they sting you as obviously once you're there , there is nothing else you can do with your car. We complained so they gave usa reduced parking rate but was till 12 euro a day (should have been 24 euro per day!), which I think is a lot considering you have already paid a fair room rate plus taxes. Other than the parking fee, I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dominique G, Directeur général at Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy CDG, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear "monicacurls",
thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to share your impressions of Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy CDG. And thank you for the very details comments about your stay. I am very glad to realise that you liked our hotel, and that you would be very happy to recommend us. It is a real reward for my staff and I to make our clients happy!
Awaiting the pleasure of welcoming your on a next occasion or trip to Paris,
Yuba City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

I have been in France for 3 months and the hotels I stayed at before moving to a B&B left much to be desired.
When we checked into Novotel, we were floored by the amazing service. We had been to 3 other Novotels trying to find the one with our reservation. We had 2 GPS's and neither had it. After many variations of directions we finally found it.
We drug ourselves and our 2 young children in almost trembling from the abusive day we'd already had (won't bore you with those details) but when we checked in we were greeted by Juliette. It is not possible that she could've been more helpful or kind. I travel the globe with my work and spend average of 9 months a year in hotel rooms and Juliette is the best I've dealt with. She acted as if we were at a B&B and she was the owner, very professional and hospitable.
The rest of the staff we dealt with were awesome too. Everyone spoke english and spoke it very well.
The shuttle was very efficient.
The food in the restaurant amazed my wife and I both, especially for a hotel restaurant.

We will definitely stay at a Novotel again.

1 Thank Kip B
Dominique G, Directeur général at Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy CDG, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear "Kip B",
thank you very much for taking the time to share your impressions following your stay in our hotel. First of all, I am very glad that you could eventually find our hotel, otherwise you would have obviously missed something :-). It was a real pleasure to read your very kind comments about the way Juliette welcomed you, but also the other team members you had to deal with. I immediately shared your comments with my staff, so that they realise that their daily efforts are rewarded.
Again, thank you for sharing your experience of Novotel Convention & Wellness, especially the restaurant and the shuttle service.
And of course, we look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in France!
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Very good hotel for stop-over.
Good service and very nice spa with indoor heated swimming pool, hammam, gym.
Bedroom quite spacious.
Excellent room facilities and comfortable bed. Good bathroom too.
Good breakfast too.
Kids corner with games and Xbox.
Free shuttle from all CDG terminals.
Excellent value for money. Will return whenever we need to make a stop-over in CDG.

1 Thank SgSling
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for sharing your detailed comments about Novotel Convention & Wellness. We are very happy to see that you liked our wellness club with its indoor heated swimming pool, hammam and gym, the comfort of the bedroom with its facilities and comfortable bed, the bathroom, the buffet breakfast, the kids area and the free shuttle service.
We will be delighted to welcome you back for your next stay in France, at the Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle Aiport.
Idyllwild, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed here for one night upon arriving in Paris, before heading to Nice the following day. The room was comfortable and quiet. The spa/gym is lovely, and the massage we had was very nice. The restaurant, although small, was good, service and food both.
The room we wanted was not ready when we arrived, so the management bought us a drink in the bar while we waited (which was only 10-15 minutes). The shuttle to the airport was on time and ran frequently.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear guest,
we are very grateful that you took the time and trouble to review our hotel following your stay at Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy CDG. It is good to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for your comments about the comfort and quiteness of the room, the nice masage you had in our wellness club, the food quality in the restaurant and the service. I am also very happy to see that our duty manager had the good reaction to offer you a drink at the bar while waiting for your room to be ready to check in.
We look forward to welcoming you soon in our hotel!
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

Perfect stay for flying thru.overly helpful staff.
Clean rooms good size for Europe.Restaurant,
Health SPA,children's entertainment area side of lobby
Nice touch.free wireless,and free shuttle from airport only a short,
Safe ride.if you have difficulty finding shuttle,keep asking employees
In the terminal.Though their English is limited,they Re mor Han willing
To direct you.!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank mattata1
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for sharing your impressions about Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy CDG, following your stay in Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle Aiport. We are thrilled to see that you completely enjoyed your stay with us.
We do hope to welcome you back here when you next stay at the Roissy CDG Airport!