“Ugh - Find a vending machine instead”
Review of Restaurant L'Ecurie - CLOSED

Restaurant L'Ecurie
Cuisines: French
New York, New York, United States
“Ugh - Find a vending machine instead”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

There is nothing to like about this place - scatter-brained service and food you will probably want to scatter on the floor, all packaged up in a room that looks like a Tyrolean disco bar with tables. To add insult to injury, not cheap either.

We made the mistake of looking for a bite to eat in the village of Roissy before flying out of CDG, and without a reservation, this was one of the few places that had a table (Hmmm, I wonder why). We would have been better off buying chips from a vending machine.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Michael B

Brisbane, Australia
“Lovely food, great service.”
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

We took our children here (19 & 15) for our last night in France. We had walked around the small town and looked at many local restaurants and picked this one as we wanted some authentic French food and the restaurant looked warm and inviting. We all had 3 courses each and loved every dish. The service was excellent and price reasonable. I am glad I didn't read any previous reviews before going because we would not have picked this place. I would recommend this restaurant without hesitation.

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Appalling service”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I took a colleague for dinner this evening and we waited over two hours for our food. The restaurant was woefully under-staffed for the amount of diners, with only three waiters. It took them half an hour to take our order. They brought the wine but we had to remind them twice to bring the water. The food, when it arrived, was very good but after two hours waiting, I think even my own arm was looking like a tasty option. We were given €6 off the bill as compensation for the delay. Frankly I would rather have paid full price and had decent service.

• Visited November 2013
West Jordan, Utah
“Wonderful dinner”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We walked around the tiny town of Roissy and thought L’Ecurie was cute so we went inside. My husband ordered the escargot, the rump steak in wine sauce, and orange crème brulee. I ordered salad with hot goat cheese, cream basil fish, and a plate of cheeses. The waitress looked about sixteen and didn’t speak any English. We are pretty sure we were close to ruining her night until my husband pulled up his translation app and typed in, “We are sorry we can’t speak French”. The second she read it she looked like the weight of the world lifted from her shoulders. We had a lovely dinner and both really enjoyed our food. The experience had to be one of our top favorites of the whole trip because it was our first time ordering with someone who didn’t speak a lick of English.

• Visited September 2012