I've reviewed this place twice before and given it a well-deserved 5 star rating. However, my wife and I returned there at the end of July (only a month after my last visit) and found it to be a totally different place.
The first sign of trouble was when we walked into the lobby to check in - the carpet was distinctly grubby and looked in need of a good vacuuming. And it all went downhill from there.
At check-in, "Nicole" on the front desk, a charming young lady with superb English, was at pains to explain that she couldn't give us a key to open the door to our room because “the machine that codes the key-card was not working”. And it quickly transpired that that was not the only thing that wasn't working - neither were the technicians who were responsible for the key-card system!
You see, it was a Saturday, and with immense embarrassment and profuse apologies, Nicole explained that their response to her call-out was that "they only work Monday thru Friday and wouldn't get there to fix it until Monday - at the earliest"!! Now, I know we all make jokes about the French "work ethic", but c'mon - this is a hotel! It depends entirely on guests; guests who expect to actually be able to get into the room they booked - yes, even at weekends! But, no, apparently that wasn't high on the contract company's priority list.
So that left poor Nicole explaining this ridiculous situation to a lobby full of impatient guests, and her only assistant, again a charming, apologetic young man, racing back and forth to the elevator and along the corridors, escorting each guest to their room and letting them in with his 'master' key! How he kept up the pace (and the courteous demeanor), I have no idea. Of course, when we left to go out to dinner later that evening, I was sure that this farce would be over by the time we returned. I had no doubt that, when Nicole called the hotel management, they would quickly sort out the contract company and we'd have a key when we got back. Wrong! Apparently, management was either not interested or powerless, because when we checked out on Sunday, Nicole was still explaining to bewildered newcomers that they couldn't have a room key! Amazing, absolutely amazing!
Leaving the key problem to one side, were there any other issues? Regretfully, yes. As one can imagine, on our way to the room on that first night, I was beginning to wonder what was happening to one of my favorite hotels. When Nicole's assistant let us into our room (Room #406), things got steadily worse. I won't elaborate further than just list the issues:
- there was filthy black mold around the bathtub/shower
- the grip-rail for the bath had been torn off the wall (but the two mounts/holes from where it had been broken away had not been patched – ugly!)
- a large glob of “something” had been "stuck" on the right-hand hand side of headboard (possibly glue, but whatever it was looked most unsavory!)
- the televison would not stand upright and was nearly falling over because the base support was incapable of supporting it
- the safe didn't work
Something is going (or has gone) terribly wrong with this hotel. Maybe I got unlucky with this room, but I think not. The whole place looked dishevelled and neglected. Whoever is responsible for the cleaning and general maintenance is clearly not doing their job. Add to that, the fiasco with the room keys and I get the impression that “Hotel Management” has just lost interest in the place and, having made their initial investment, are now just content to milk it for all they can before word gets around and they lose all their custom.
Had it not been for the valiant Nicole and her “runner”, I'd have given it 1 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quality Only Suites CDG Airport is a modern residence situated less than 2km from Roissy-CDG airport, 6km from Villepinte Exhibition Park, 30 km from Disneyland(R) Paris and only 30 minutes from Paris city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Only Suites CDG Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Only Suites Roissy Airport Hotel Roissy
- Hotel By Mdb