Quality Only Suites CDG Airport
  • Pool
Campanile Roissy(Roissy-en-France)
Residhome Roissy Park(Roissy-en-France)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I've reviewed this place twice before and given it a well-deserved 5 star rating. However, my wife and I returned there at the end of July (only a month after my last visit) and found it to be a totally different place.

The first sign of trouble was when we walked into the lobby to check in - the carpet was distinctly grubby and looked in need of a good vacuuming. And it all went downhill from there.

At check-in, "Nicole" on the front desk, a charming young lady with superb English, was at pains to explain that she couldn't give us a key to open the door to our room because “the machine that codes the key-card was not working”. And it quickly transpired that that was not the only thing that wasn't working - neither were the technicians who were responsible for the key-card system!

You see, it was a Saturday, and with immense embarrassment and profuse apologies, Nicole explained that their response to her call-out was that "they only work Monday thru Friday and wouldn't get there to fix it until Monday - at the earliest"!! Now, I know we all make jokes about the French "work ethic", but c'mon - this is a hotel! It depends entirely on guests; guests who expect to actually be able to get into the room they booked - yes, even at weekends! But, no, apparently that wasn't high on the contract company's priority list.

So that left poor Nicole explaining this ridiculous situation to a lobby full of impatient guests, and her only assistant, again a charming, apologetic young man, racing back and forth to the elevator and along the corridors, escorting each guest to their room and letting them in with his 'master' key! How he kept up the pace (and the courteous demeanor), I have no idea. Of course, when we left to go out to dinner later that evening, I was sure that this farce would be over by the time we returned. I had no doubt that, when Nicole called the hotel management, they would quickly sort out the contract company and we'd have a key when we got back. Wrong! Apparently, management was either not interested or powerless, because when we checked out on Sunday, Nicole was still explaining to bewildered newcomers that they couldn't have a room key! Amazing, absolutely amazing!

Leaving the key problem to one side, were there any other issues? Regretfully, yes. As one can imagine, on our way to the room on that first night, I was beginning to wonder what was happening to one of my favorite hotels. When Nicole's assistant let us into our room (Room #406), things got steadily worse. I won't elaborate further than just list the issues:

Bathroom:
- there was filthy black mold around the bathtub/shower
- the grip-rail for the bath had been torn off the wall (but the two mounts/holes from where it had been broken away had not been patched – ugly!)
Bedroom:
- a large glob of “something” had been "stuck" on the right-hand hand side of headboard (possibly glue, but whatever it was looked most unsavory!)
- the televison would not stand upright and was nearly falling over because the base support was incapable of supporting it
Kitchen:
- the safe didn't work

My Summary:
Something is going (or has gone) terribly wrong with this hotel. Maybe I got unlucky with this room, but I think not. The whole place looked dishevelled and neglected. Whoever is responsible for the cleaning and general maintenance is clearly not doing their job. Add to that, the fiasco with the room keys and I get the impression that “Hotel Management” has just lost interest in the place and, having made their initial investment, are now just content to milk it for all they can before word gets around and they lose all their custom.

Had it not been for the valiant Nicole and her “runner”, I'd have given it 1 star.

Room Tip: Take a good look around your room, particularly the bathroom, before accepting the key (if you get one!) from the valet. Check that it's clean and hygienic.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I booked this hotel through a website offering 'top secret' hotels so didn't know anything about it until I made the reservation. I made the reservation based largely on price and proximity to CDG airport. The reservation was for one night because my flight into Paris was too late to make a connection with the TGV. There is a free shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel. The 'Only Suites' concept is quite strange for a hotel which caters mainly for air travellers who are likely to stay for one night. The suites are spacious and have a kitchenette, which I suspect very few guests actually use. The suite was clean and the 'living' area was reasonably comfortably furnished. The bed was large and very comfortable indeed and can be separated from the rest of the suite by closing sliding doors. I received a good welcome from the receptionist whose English was very good. The hotel bar was not as glamorous-sounding as the hotel's website suggests so don't expect the promised cocktails (I got a can of Heineken!). The breakfast was of the buffet variety, without a huge choice, but with surprisingly good scrambled eggs (they looked terrible). Coffee is available from a machine but was fine (it is a French coffee machine, after all). I can't really complain about this hotel, especially at the price I paid.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This rather run down establishment appears to be suffering a financial crisis, apparent from the lack of support staff and 'broken' necessities.
1) Long lines to check in. You are lucky if any of the staff understand English.
2) Not enough towels or pillows; we needed to ask for both 2 days in a row.
3) Lighting in room does not work
4) Takes 10 minutes for hot water to reach your floor in the morning.
5) There are TV's but you are lucky to find a remote.
6) WIFi is iffy at best.
7) Terrible 'free' breakfast; they do bake on site however they also lay the danish and rolls on a table in the back room with a door open to the outside (bugs, flies, etc).
8) If you are lucky to have 'plastic' glass in the bathroom, it won't be sanitized.
9) If you call downstairs to the staff, they might answer the phone.
10) For the price, you can find much better.

Room Tip: Look elswhere
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I stayed here for one night because I flew out early the next day & didn't want to go all the way into Paris. What a pleasant surprise the room was indeed like a small suite. A little kitchen & semi separate bedroom. Much better than a hotel room & for less cost. The breakfast was adequate & the shuttle bus to & from the airport drops you & picks you up from the front door. The only small complaint was the dining options were very limited but there are plenty of other places to eat close by. Over all a very pleasant experience

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Karen and Sheri... T
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I was sent to this hotel after the hotel I was originally booked for conducted overbooking and could not provide me with a room. Focusing on this one, what I can say is AVOID.
Rooms are big but not as well maintained as they should. There was a TV in the room but it only worked with a remote control which was not available in the hotel... Ridiculous!
Never again.