“Skip This!”

Ranked #30 of 31 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Brookline, Massachusetts
“Skip This!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This hotel has several severe problems. The wait time to check in is huge because there is only ever 1 person on duty. Our first room had almost no functioning lights and no A/C. They could send a repair man - later. We demanded a change of room. In this one the lights worked and the A/C at least ran its fan a little. The on-site dinner facility is a sham. Bare tables, a way-to pricey menu and "food", as explained in a tiny note, made by an outside company and reheated on site. Think airline food on a truly bad day. It was pouring rain, so we stayed. I had food poisoning next day and had to delay my flight back to the US. But I moved to a better hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I just spent the last few days at the Only Suites. The service is non-existent. I booked a car for the airport for 6:15am. The car didn't arrive until 6:40. The woman at the front desk could not care less. She acted as if this was not of her concern and I just neede to wait. When one is headed to the airport for an international flight, time is very important.

The check in was just as poor. When I arrived at 9am, i was told my room was not ready. When i asked to leave my luggage, they accepted it, nut refuswd fo give me a claim check. I was told because they are not supposed ro hold luggage. How can a hotel operate like this?

At 3pm, when i returned to check in, The room was as hot as a sauna and there was no electricity. The front desk did not answer the phone. I had to return to the desk and request another room. It took about 45 minutes to make this change. I had to move my luggage alone and the front desk person was very disinterested.

There are other better hotels in the area. Don't stay here.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This place is so expensive and doesn't really know what i wants to be. The desk staff are so rude and the rooms are so badly maintained. Lights, bath handles, floor tiles, telephone broken everywhere. Hairs on the sheets and stained walls. €250 for one night? shocking!

Room Tip: Don't go just book another hotel their are plenty to choose from.
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband & I are first time travellers to Paris . We were impressed by breakfast lovely selection of foods. A boiling egg machine I was entrigued with.... no instructions.... a family had had several attempts at cooking a boiled egg for her toddler ...raw middles (4eggs later.)
The room we stayed in was clean and comfortable .great for a "layover" kind of flight.We stayed 3 nights. The bathroom had mouldy areas around the glass on the tiles . While the glassed in shower doors over the bath looked good . Very slick when wet . I got a nasty bruise(black) on my thigh getting out. I am able bodied , my husband found it difficult . a non slip mat or even a bathmat could have helped.
The staff were not overly helpful or empathetic. We got separated at in central Paris and had to come home independently of one another. I missed the last free shuttle at night 20 euros to get a taxi.
The experience of it all... comical ...yes. But stay closer in.!!!

Room Tip: ask for what you need - especially bathroom facilities if you are seniors.....good luck.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 21 September 2013

It could have been so much better if the Receptionist had not been such a Prima Donna (or whatever is the French equivalent...) She kept a queue of seven people waiting whilst she demonstrated her grasp of other languages but her lack of people skills. An elderly couple waiting for a taxi were still there one hour after we arrived and her answer was "Taxis are in traffic in Paris" - they cancelled the booking. There was no apology when we reported that the sofa bed in one of our two rooms was broken. It took until the second night for them to change it. We waited 50 minutes for them to bring the "Kitchen Pack" containing our dishes, cutlery etc. Eventually I went to their Kitchen area and picked it up personally. The bathrooms were fine and the room size was adequate. There was a microwave and fridge and dishwasher but no oven and no cleaning materials with which to wash dirty dishes. The Car park under the hotel was chargeable but there is a free car park at the back in the open. We had booked two double rooms (for three adults) and the Receptionist wanted to add €2,50 because she did not realise that one room had two adults in it. Great grasp of mathematics eh? Wouldn't stay there again when there are so many other similar places to stay in the Roissy Village Complex.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
Walsall
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stayed at Only Suites for one night on a business trip. The location near to the airport and the exhibition center was excellent. The room was large and comfortable, and the bathroom was good. There was a nice welcome note with tea and coffee but no kettle. The shower very good, but the shower head holder was broken, so would only stay at a low level. Enough power to blast the acne off a teenagers back. The menu in the restaurant was very limited and poor, so I decided to take the 5 minuet walk to the local village. Well worth the effort.
In the morning I asked if there was a courtesy bus to the exhibition I was attending. The receptionist told me there was, and it would be here in 10 minuets. The mini bus arrived, took me the 3 km to the exhibition, and charged me €20.00. A private taxi the evening before only cost me €14.00. Overall. OK for a one night business trip, nothing more.

Peoria Arizona
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We took a chance with a deal on Expedia where you agree to pay a price for a room. It was supposed to be a 4 star hotel. I have done this with Priceline and have been always satisfied but would never again do this with Expedia. As I opened the door to the lobby, it smelled heavily of smoke and looked shabby. The room itself was clean but the beds seemed to be pullout couches. We only spent a few hours there and we were exhausted. It was alright for our purposes but I would never choose this hotel to spend any amount of time in it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family