“Cancel and Run”

Quality Only Suites CDG Airport
Ranked #28 of 29 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I am accustomed to airport hotels and have stayed in them across the world. What do you want? A comfortable room, a good shower, a good bed, and enough comfort to get some sleep before a long flight. Well this hotel has none of these. First the good, the rooms are so spacious and indeed after staying in many of these small rooms, I booked it because of its space. At first the room looks good.

But on closer inspection, over 1/2 of the lights in the room do not work. There is a dishwasher but no dishes in the place (should I bring my own?). The bed was great but the two tiny pillows were no larger than the ones on the airplane and there were no more available so it was very uncomfortable. The bathroom has mold growing in tub and there was no tissues again--none available.

There was a large hole in the ceiling and we soon discovered why---there was no air at all and the windows do not open. It was over 100 degrees in our room and the staff would not even acknowledge there was a problem--no offer to re-book elsewhere, no fans or ice or even extra towels. Our towels were soaking wet because we used them to stay cool in the room.

It was the worst hotel experience I have had in many years. This hotel should be removed from Expedia. There is nothing good to say about this place. Do not book. The most disturbing was the complete refusal to acknowledge any problem or to aid travelers in any way.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We needed an airport hotel in Paris due to an early morning check in. This one was a bad choice . Basically for one night we didn't have many expectations . The room looked pretty new , just like in the pics. But the air conditioning didn't work. The room had a very musty smell. Extremely stuffy. We where dying of heat and it was around 10c outside. I wouldn't like to be there in summer. No windows to open either. Also, they said free wifi.... Well the signal doesn't reach the room. You can pick it up outside in the hallway and lobby. The lady at the reception , I'm sure was aware of this issue but preferred to tell me my device needed to be reset.... If you want a room that you can breathe in and some wifi to keep you occupied if you do t watch French TV , then don't stay here.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel if you want a good nights sleep before your flight.
Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank canadiankugel
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Hotel had large, well appointed rooms. Close to CDG. Free shuttle. For the price I paid from the internet ($80) it was a bargain. Posted price at front desk was over $200 - at that price, not so much of a bargain

Room Tip: Eat before you check-in. Only one restaurant in a nearby hotel. Check free shuttle times - outside o...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The free bus from CDG makes this a convenient hotel for a stopover. The bus appear to be 2x per hour but the frequency can be inconsistent, probably due to the traffic around the airport. The rooms are big and I find the bed fairly comfortable, but overall the décor and furnishing is old and worn, and in need of a refurb. I never use the kitchen but there is not much equipment there (not sure where you'd get stuff to cook though). I have stayed here twice and the bathroom on both occasions was pretty grimy - stains up the tiled walls and mould around the bath. Breakfast is OK, and I have never had any problems with the staff, who seem fairly pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank aintynice
Reviewed 6 May 2014

5th May. 12:30 PM, Room number *

I got very angry and finally pissed off due to mal-educated room cleaner. I already clearly posted(noticed) "don't disturb" on the door handle, but she knocked my door two times very loudly with very sharp sound (probably by her key or something). I opened door and indicated "don't disturb" notice gently, but she said something to me very loudly in a very bad manner (it was very rude, i could feel it although I can't understand French). I asked her name, but she didn't tell me, so i went to receptionist to complaint, oh my god! she is already there and kept complaining something about me in front of me and two managers (Ant**** and Step***)
And she didn't show her any apology to me at all.

Actually, I already endured two times of very loud knock sound in the morning (before happening above mentioned things)

Around 10 AM. Someone knocked my door, and i got there, no one was there. O.K, forget it!

Around 11 AM, Even cleaner got in my room without my permission by herself when i was still on the bed. She influenced my private life!!!
SHOULD I ACCEPT THIS ??

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

My first mistake was booking a hotel using Hotels.com. They charge 100% of your stay up front and give you 0% support if you have problems afterwards.

My second mistake was booking Only Suites before checking Trip Advisor. The best features of this hotel are proximity to the airport and room size. It's all down hill from there. The service is poor. The bathroom was dirty. There was mold/mildew on the shower tiles. It's impossible to take a shower without getting the floor soaking wet because of the design of the tub/shower. Good luck drying yourself and the floor because the hotel only provides two very thin towels.

If you want your dirty room cleaned, be sure to exit the room by 11a because housekeeping only works until noon. We were informed of this by the receptionist after returning to a dirty room at midnight. When we asked if we could at least get clean towels, we got the standard two.

We called Hotels.com to request a transfer to another property. We were told that only the hotel manager could authorize a refund of the unused days at Only Suites. But since there was no manager available their was nothing they could do for us. The hotel receptionist informed us that the manager wouldn't be available until Monday at 9a because he doesn't work on weekends.

Bottom line - don't stay at Only Suites and don't book through Hotels.com!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisaivy
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We needed a lay over night at Charles De Gaulle before we headed down south the next morning, so we booked two rooms at the Only Suites.

Check in was nothing short of a nightmare. The receptionist insisted that to check in I needed to provide my passport and a credit card, but here's the thing, with my name on it. My replacement card had not arrived so I had been given a generic card by my bank. Now in general I understand the need to have a card. But we were paying for the room then, we were prepared to provide a card for a deposit, but the silly receptionist insisted it had to be a card in my name or we would not be able to check in. I kept questionng her why? and the best I got was there are things in the room? I assume this is in case we trash the room, or steal their stuff. In the end I emptied my bag found an alternate card but could not see what the fuss was about?

We then got into the rooms, ( which are really nice, comfortable, clean and very large), but there is nothing in the kitchen, not a fork, spoon or anything....you have to request a "kitchen kit" to get a plate ( we were thinking for breakfast the next morning), well the "kit" consists of a plate ( the poor receptionist did not have the foresight to provide two because only I had asked?) and a plastic knife and fork and a plastic cup. I am not kidding, this is what the security deposit was needed for?? It was a joke.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank kiwinui
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roissy-en-France
Mercure Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle
Mercure Paris Roissy Charles de ...
#20 of 29 in Roissy-en-France
Campanile Roissy
Campanile Roissy
#22 of 29 in Roissy-en-France
Residhome Roissy Park
Residhome Roissy Park
#21 of 29 in Roissy-en-France
Golden Tulip Paris CDG Airport Villepinte
Golden Tulip Paris CDG Airport V...
#14 of 29 in Roissy-en-France
Best Western Paris CDG Airport
Best Western Paris CDG Airport
#19 of 29 in Roissy-en-France
Nomad Hotel Paris Roissy CDG Aeroport
Nomad Hotel Paris Roissy CDG Aer...
#1 of 6 in Le Mesnil-Amelot

Been to Quality Only Suites CDG Airport? Share your experiences!