“Nice place to stay for a night”

Mercure Paris Orly Rungis Hotel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Rungis
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Close to the airport and with shuttle services.. So what else can u ask.. Oh, the restaurant is good..

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Mercure Paris Orly Rungis Hotel

Reviewed 8 November 2011

We chose this hotel prior to going back home since it is close to the Orly Airport and we plan to do a last minute shopping at Paris center. Upon arriving at the Orly, there was a booth which states free shuttle to Mercure. We pressed the button and waited. The chauffer of the shuttle explained that we were waiting at the wrong gate. So we pressed the button at the booth again to talk to the hotel representative who assured us that we were at the right gate. So much confusion and the representative do not know how to speak English. All in all, we waited for 2 hours for the right shuttle to come. Then, in the hotel, we were invited by our companions to see their room and lo and behold, their room is very much different from ours! Ours was filthy. Rugs and carpets were worn. Apparently, we were given the old rooms without informing us! They thought that we wouldnt find out. Another thing, they only have a small water bottle as a complimentary drink. An extra bottle will cost you 4 euros. This hotel is very far from the center! So in case, you want to see Paris, I suggest you avoid this hotel. When we made a complaint, they offered to transfer us to another room which we declined as we were all tired to move out and it was already very late and we have an early flight to catch. This is the worst Mercure Hotel ever. Avoid this hotel if you can.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Joden A
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I travelled to this hotel with 7 colleagues and arrived shortly after Midnight!The hotel was pre booked and paid for by a promoter/event organiser,that my colleagues and I were working for!
On arrival at the hotel,the check in was efficient,courteous and fast (very important for tired Musicians) Equally important was the bar which we were informed closed at 2300 hours (rather early we felt),so there was nowhere communally to relax! Room service was also closed and with the lack of a mini bar (not necessarily for alchoholic beverages I add) apart from the complimentary botle of Evian in the otherwise empty fridge,one would have to remain thirsty until Breakfast!
However,the view from the room ,more than compensated for this! It was absolutely stunning,my room was on the 12th floor and the nightime vista was superb,so good that I left my curtains open in anticipation of the Morning view! Imagine my disappointment when on waking,I leapt (ish) out of bed to take in the early Morning view and I saw nothing but factories,warehouses,McDonalds and the roofs of other hotels! I would normally never pick an Airport hotel and did not pick this myself,now I remember why!
The room itself was adequate.The bed was very comfortable,huge windows and 3 huge mirrors facing the bed!!!! The television was restricted to the usual Continental hotel fodder,with only the BBC World channel to try and find the day,s footie results (thank God for Smartphones).Internet access was free in the room.The bathroom was well furnished with seperate loo,trendy basin and bathtub,but strangely,no bidet! Plenty of wardrobe space,trouser press,tea and coffee making facilities and safe (not free)
The breakfast was served at the top of the hotel with a panoramic view of the surrounding industrial area! The breakfast in truth was poor from a British point of view and we did notice that various airline cabin crew (of which there were many) were 'nipping' across to McD,s,which kind of sums up the food quality! Apart from the normal Continental fare,there were pancakes and waffles,dodgy bacon and sausage and scrambled eggs,plus a very strange egg boiler which two of my colleagues gave up on after several aborted attempts at avoiding snotty eggs!
All in all,the hotel was ok! Not a 4 star in my opinion and I would never book it myself,nor would I wish to return there,but that,s just personal choice and many previousTA reviewers have enjoyed their stays there (one man's meat etc) However the higher floor rooms do have a great view at Night,just leave before dawn.

Room Tip: High floor rooms are a must at Night
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank patthedrum
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We stopped here on 2 seperate nights as park of a Leger holidays tour. We were very impressed with this hotel. From the outside in looks like something from 1970's Eastern Europe!, but don't be put off by this! The rooms are fantastic, really stylish decor, it was like a style magazine photo shoot. Big comfortable beds, plently of room, bathroom's spotless. I could not fault the rooms we had, it was a pleasure to stop here, in fact I could live in these rooms!!. The breakfast was very good, the nicest bacon I have had for a long time I must say. Location wise it is very handy for Orly airport, but it is about a 45 minute car/bus journey into the centre of Paris, so dont book if you expect to walk into town, as you can't do it. As we were only really stopping here to break the journey to our final destination it was not a problem for us.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Stayed here twice on a coach tour and found hotel and rooms excellent,breakfast was well presented and plenty variety though the srambled eggs looked more like lumpy custard.Overall all i enjoyed the stay and thought the decor was superb.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2011

This is a guenuine 4 stars hotel. Everything was above average, with free shuttle and excellent restaurant.
The only negative point: WiFi and Internet acces were advertised as free, but that was not the case (10 euros for 24 hours).

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Air_Palma
A TripAdvisor Member
london
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Rating reduced due to awful service at reception. More interested in takng my money than organising my taxi in the morning. Also other guests complaining about disorganisation - two had been made late for their meeting by this poor taxi management.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rungis
Novotel Paris Orly Rungis
Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport
Ibis Budget Paris Orly Aeroport
Mercure Paris Orly Aeroport
ibis Paris Orly Rungis
ibis Paris Orly Rungis
#4 of 12 in Rungis
Hilton Paris Orly Airport

Been to Mercure Paris Orly Rungis Hotel? Share your experiences!