“Close to airport”

Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Rungis
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

We took a late flight into Orly and there was a free shuttle to the hotel. The driver of the shuttle did not help us with our bags and he watched my wife struggle with her bags trying to get into the van. We only stayed for the night but the room was clean at a good value. The people at the hotel were nice. I requested a late check out and they accomodated the request. Had to go back to the airport to catch a bus into the city but with the shuttle, it wasn't much of a hassle.

• Stayed: November 2013
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport

Reviewed 15 October 2013

The hotel is situated near Orly Airport just South of Paris. The rooms were large executive rooms. Clean and well presented. Even Coffee/tea making facility. Large bathroom.

Breakfast was plentiful and apart from the cooked features which were cold, was very good and varied

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
serviceclients, Responsable commercial at Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear John

Thank you for your feeb back, we are happy to know that you have enjoyed our rooms and accommodation services.
We have also taken in consideration your remarks, and actions were put in place to improve our breakfast service.

We hope to welcome you again shortly in our hotel

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Best Western Orly Airport is a convenient and comfortable place to spend your night before leaving Paris. The accommodations were clean and quiet. HOWEVER, we were charged a RIDICULOUS price in the lounge for a couple of drinks by an employee named MUSTAFA. He served us two drinks apiece with a most jovial attitude and a smile on his face. We spent about 45 minutes there before he gave us our bill. THE BILL WAS 90 EUROS (about $121.00). He said the drinks were "doubles" . Never in in our travels has a drink cost so much.
Needless to say, we cannot recommend any hotel who hires such an employee.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir, Madam

Thank you for your feed back, we noticed that you have appreciated our rooms and accommodation services.
I feel really sorry about your impression concerning your experience at our bar. I would like to mention that all our bar rates are clearly mentioned on our bar beverage menu. We keen to be completely clear in our services and in all our sell points in the hotel, all rates are clearly mentioned.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed one night and I really enjoyed my stay. I flew in to CDG and had to get the shuttle to Orly and then the hotel shuttle from Orly to the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located near Orly (ask at Airport Information where to pick up the shuttle) I got there early, but they said my room was ready so it was no problem to check-in early. I could tell there was renovation going on, but it was the weekend so no one was working on it. The room was clean and quiet. My husband came to meet me there and we went down to the restaurant for dinner. The food was great and reasonably priced. The service was a bit slow and they seemed like maybe they needed more people working, but all the servers were incredibly nice. The shuttle came on time in the morning and check out was easy. I would definitely stay here again if I was in this part of town!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
serviceclients, Responsable commercial at Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Sir,

On the behalf of all our staff I would like to thank you for your feed back.
We are really happy to know that you have had a great stay in our hotel and the quality of our services. In fact we have finished recently the entire renovation of our lobby, to offer to you and to all our guests a new warm and cosy space.
We hope to welcome you soon at BEST WESTERN PLUS Paris Orly Airport.
Sincerely Yours

Reviewed 7 October 2013

The place is a baron building site..

While I was trying to check in, I had angry builders scowling at me because I was holding them up from actually building the top of the reception desk. Masking tape keeping walls together, dust everywhere and loose wiring dangling around... I'm pretty sure I got high from the glue fumes too.

My reservation couldn't be found so I went for a cigarette, I was pretty annoyed when the receptionist who should have been looking for my reservation decided to join me for a smoke.

The corridors reminded me of the film The Shining..

I got into my room which, although pretty boring, was fine. The bathroom was great but it would have been better if they had any hot water.

The wifi didn't work anywhere in the hotel.

There was a dead bird/ half-skeleton directly outside my window.

The service, although muddled, nervous and confused, was ok..

And giving you a sachet of powdered milk for your tea is just disgusting..

All of this, and I only used it as a day room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
serviceclients, Responsable commercial at Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear traveller
I feel really sorry to read you feed back; I would like to know more about your stay in order to bring the best solutions.
Please note that we are now making some new decoration in our lobby in order to offer to our guests a new cosy lobby and warm welcoming atmosphere, now renovations are finished and we do really apologize for any inconvenience.
Please feel free to contact me at any time

Reviewed 7 October 2013

A rather negative experience from the Best Western Plus on the occasion I visited this month.

Firstly, the only way to/from the hotel is via shuttle bus which runs about every 30 minutes – meaning an inevitable delay before being picked up.

The hotel serves breakfast from 6am, exactly the same time as the 1st shuttle of the day runs from the hotel. Why the hotel has not made the connection that people may wish to eat breakfast before leaving on their early morning flight seems like quite an oversight in managing an airport hotel.

Similarly to have no Wi-Fi in such premises seems deplorable for what is essentially a temporary business hub. This was out of action upon my arrival with it being available near midnight that night.

My room had awful TV reception, and tepid water at best from the shower, however tea making facilities were on hand – the one “plus”.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sir

I feel really sorry to k now that we did not meet your needs at the best during your stay at our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly at any time in order to get more information about your stay ( room number, date if arrival …) in order to bring best solution and to avoid any inconvenience for next time.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I stayed here from Sept 20-23, and it was my first time visiting Paris. I booked my reservation through STA Travel.

There were only a few things that I was unhappy with about this hotel.

Since I booked my reservation through a travel site that is geared towards students & young people, I was under the impression that it would be at an easy location to get to without a car. On the hotel's website it also makes it sound like it would be easy to get to because they do have a shuttle that runs frequently to & from Orly airport. I arrived in Paris through Eurostar at Gare du Nord, a main train station. From there I had to take two trains to Pont de Rungis Aeroport d'Orly. From there, I had to take a bus to Orly airport, and lastly had to wait for the Best Western shuttle to pick me up from there. However, you will see signs for the Hilton hotel shuttle but not the Best Western shuttle so it's very unclear where to wait for it. I just waited by the entrance of where cars would enter & made a run for it once I finally saw the shuttle coming. This was during the day...

Now, getting back to the hotel after 11 at night is a whole different story. But I think you get the idea... The hotel is just a little out of reach from the center. I thought that since it is near an airport it would be easy to get to, but it totally isn't.

Oh, and the running times for the shuttle do not match between what is advertised by the website and by a podium where the shuttle picks you up from the front of the hotel.

The only thing that really bothered me about the hotel is the shower door... Or lack of shower door? Maybe it's a cultural difference, but there is only a piece of glass that covers only the part by the showerhead. Every time I took a shower, water would get everywhere.

However, the staff is very friendly and helpful. One staff member looked up when a bus would be arriving a block away that takes you to the center of Paris directly. They'll do currency exchanges if it's small amounts & the exchange rate is quite fair. And they're all multi-lingual!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear traveller

Thank you for sharing your experience on trip advisor. Concerning the access information from and to the hotel, all information are available on our official website. I invite you to have a look on the section “Location & access” where you will find all the explanations. I invite you to send our web site address to the mentioned travel agency to update their information.
Please note that there is several public transports means to reach the hotel from Paris or Orly Airport where our guests are picked up by our regular and complimentary shuttle bus. All these information are available on our official web site section “Location & access”.
Kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rungis
Mercure Paris Orly Aeroport
Ibis Budget Paris Orly Aeroport
Grand Hotel Senia
Grand Hotel Senia
#2 of 7 in Orly
Ibis Paris Orly Aeroport
Hilton Paris Orly Airport
Novotel Paris Orly Rungis

Been to Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport? Share your experiences!