“Best Western plus Orly Airport, Rungis”

Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Rungis
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My stay was good. I could catch the shuttle bus to and from the airport very easily as it runs every 20 minutes. I was able to get into Paris on Public Transport from the airport on the RER tram & train line from Airport West Bldg until 11.40 pm most nights. I used the internet business office but these do not communicate with my hotmail account. The keyboard & computer on the front reception desk did let me into hotmail. Why? This remains a mystery. Staff were helpful and found a solution to my internet issues. I was unaware there was a fitness centre. Perhaps, this needs to be advertised better. It was great to have food service, at midnight, on return from late nights in Paris in the bar. Overall I had a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
serviceclients, Responsable commercial at Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Leslyk

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers on TRIPADVISOR
We take in consideration your suggestions concerning our business center and our fitness center information

We hope to welcome you again at BEST WESTERN PLUS Paris Orly Airport

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and were extremely satisfied. Our room was spacious with a super king size bed and very comfortable. We had a fridge and best of all tea and coffee making facilities which we really appreciated as we did mot arrive until 10pm. The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly. There was no noise from either road or air traffic. The breakfast was an extensive buffet of hot and cold food all of good quality. Food and drinks were expensive but no more so than in the rest of Paris. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hazel P

Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to write us your feed back.
We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS PARIS ORLY AIRPORT and to know that we have met your needs t the best

We hope to welcome you again shortly

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We wanted to visit Paris for the Tour de France finish and did so through Leger Holidays. This meant we stayed outside of Paris and were bussed in each day. Not a problem for us, and we were accommodated at the Best Western, Orly airport hotel. A big, clean modern hotel equivalent to a four star I would say with large comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms en suite and spacious corridors allowing for easy passage of guests and essential staff. All in all a very pleasant, but unremarkable place to stay. I know that French people do not have much idea about customer service, least of all Parisians, but the staff here are gold medallists in that department. Our first encounter was at breakfast day one when we went to the large breakfast room and began to take our seats. We were moved immediately by the woman on duty with the words "Leger: not here, there" and sent to the other side for no real reason. The breakfast choices were well laid out and plentiful. The cooked food was easily located and in all honesty was very good, but stone cold. A request for fresh warm bacon and and sausage was met with a stern look and a long wait before fresh supplies arrived, not quite cooked enough. We ate out that night due to the extortionate prices charged but that is normal for a French Airport Hotel.

On our return we fancied a beer and went into the bar. The barman ignored us for a good five minutes while he talked to the female staff member in plain view of his customers. when I eventually was acknowledged he proved, conclusively, that he did not know how to draw a beer and presented me with a glass containing more foam than liquid. When challenged he grudgingly
drew another and proceeded to swap the lasses until he had something resembling a beer in one of them, for which he charged nearly 10 Euro. Thankfully he was relieved by another man who was a little better at bar skills, but with a very arrogant attitude. "Sil vous plait" and "Merci" did not appear to be part of his vocabulary. Breakfast the next day was no different. and the bar experience the next night was also quite a let down.

In summary this is a very nice, well appointed, quality modern hotel, let down by dreadful customer service and ridiculously high prices.

Room Tip: Eat before getting the hotel. There is nowhere nearby to walk to for a meal.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nigel B
serviceclients, Responsable commercial at Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to write us your feed back after your stay a tour property.
I read your feed back with a lot of attention, and I am really sorry to know that our services were not as high as your expectations. All remarks mentioned will be treated with high level of rigour. I insure you that the behaviour mentioned in your feed back are completely strange to our service standard and necessary actions will be taken to avoid this kind of disagreement again.
We are very welcome at any time in Paris and especially at BEST WESTERN PLUS Paris Orly Airport.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We arrived around 11pm, off a Ledger Holiday coach. The check in was very quick - we just collected our room card from the reception desk counter, the room number which the coach driver had informed us off a few moments earlier, and took the lift up. We'd booked a twin room, but our room had a very large double (better to call it a triple bed) which was very comfortable. There was a small fridge in the room, a kettle and tea and coffee making facilities, TV, and a hairdryer which was fixed to the wall in the bathroom. I prefer to take my own hairdryer and use it away from a steamy bathroom. The fixtures and fittings were very good. I saw and heard no airplanes. Perhaps it was the direction the room faced, but the hotel is not right next to the airport. There are two busy roads nearby the hotel, but the windows are pretty sound proof and the room is temperature controllable. The Bestwestern run a regular minibus to the airport, so I reckon its good stopover location for airport passengers. We stayed there three nights - an organised coach holiday to watch the finale of the Tour de France. If you wish to make your own way in to central Paris, then the T7 tram is closeby. You just change onto the Paris Metro at the end of the tramway. Cheap too, at 1.60 euros each ride. Hotel food and drink is a bit pricey, but then it's a four star hotel. The hotel and Paris part of the holiday were excellent. The coach trip itself was not.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
serviceclients, Responsable commercial at Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear bwigginsfan

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers on Trip Advisor.
We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS Paris Orly Airport. We hope to welcome you again at BEST WESTERN PLUS Paris Orly Airport

Hadi Ghamrawi

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed at this Best Western Plus Rungis one night Sun May/4/2014.

The Check In process took 10 minutes since they were helping another 2 families helping them to rearrange their travel plans. I did not have any problem waiting since I knew they were helping them.

You need to use the room key to go up in the elevator. My room was clean and comfortable. I had dinner and the food was great and the service as well. 2 elegant waiters were helping us. The bread was great and food came in not time. We had a few drinks and everything was great.

I asked the receptionist for a wake up call and a taxi since we were leaving at 4:30 am to go to the airport. The Shuttle service is not available at that time. I knew that ahead of time. They helped me with my request and check out was easy. The ride to the airport took less than 7 minutes.

If you want to stay around the airport I definitely recommend this hotel. Nice and clean lobby and great food and service in the restaurant. Room with nice king bed and big bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking time to share your experience with other travellers on TRIPADVISOR
We are happy and proud to know that our services met your needs at the best.
Thank you for recommending BEST WESTERN PLUS Paris Orly Airport and we hope to welcome you again at our property during your next visit to Paris.

Dir of sales

Reviewed 21 July 2014

If you need a good value transit stopover hotel, this a very good option. We had an early flight out of Paris in the morning, so this hotel was really conveniently located, had modern amenities and an easy complimentary shuttle bus to the airport. The room was very generous in size, had an exceptionally comfortable bed and the service was very good.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
serviceclients, Responsable commercial at Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Sir, thank you for talking the time to write us your feed back.
I am really glad to know that you have had ice stay in our property, I look forward to welcome you again for you next stopover by Paris

Kind regard

Reviewed 15 July 2014

All went well except the airport shuttle bus. Over an hour wait. Staff was unable to deal with this issue and spent 20 additional minutes freaking out about having to figure out a solution. Shuttle back to airport was just as chaotic. Other than that, the facility is great. It is clean, modern, great showers and very good breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
serviceclients, Responsable commercial at Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Patricia

Thank you for taking time to write us your feed back. I feel sorry to now about your conditions to attend our property. Unfortunately, your arrival date matched with the summer holidays start in France, with an important traffic jam from and to Orly Airport. Please note that there is also another way to join our Hotel, it is the new tramway line T 7 from Orly Sud, just take it direction of “Villejuif” and get out at “Saarinen” Stop, it takes only 17 minutes, and it is not suffer from traffic jam issues. The Saarinen stop is only 100 meters away from the hotel.
Hopping to welcome you again at our property.

Dir of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rungis
Ibis Budget Paris Orly Aeroport
#2 of 6 in Orly
ibis Paris Orly Rungis
ibis Paris Orly Rungis
#4 of 12 in Rungis

Been to Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport? Share your experiences!