“Miserable Night at the Premiere Class Orly”

Premiere Classe Orly Rungis
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Rungis
Charlottesville, VA
“Miserable Night at the Premiere Class Orly”
Reviewed 1 January 2008

This was the worst night of our two week trip to France and Italy. We stayed there because it was close to the airport. Numerous problems: broken bed, thin walls and loud guests, dirty bathroom. You do have to pay for the airport shuttle; my husband and I thought that was had read that it was complimentary. Overall it was an awful experience. Pay the extra Euros and stay at a slightly nicer place. You'll be thankful you did.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank SwedishFlower

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Pfullendorf
Reviewed 14 November 2007

(We used Active Hotels to book our hotel. They were great...).
We waited 2 hours for the hotel's shuttle bus to come. We were told (and we read on our confirmation) that it runs to & from the Orly airport every 1/2 hour, until 9:00pm. A lady at the information desk at the airport was nice enough to call the hotel for us & inquire about the shuttle. When the Premiere Classe Hotel desk clerk asked our names, she said that she didn't have any reservations for us. We tried calling other hotels in the area, all were booked. I found a number for Active Hotels and called them. They were very nice, understanding and couldn't have been more helpful. They called the Premiere Classe Hotel then returned my call quickly. According to Active Hotels, The Premiere Classe Hotel had made a mistake and they were going to put us up in an alternate hotel. We were instructed to proceed to the Premiere Classe hotel where we would get transportation to this alternate hotel...The shuttle finally came. After standing at the front desk at the Premiere Classe Hotel listening to the front desk clerks conversation with eachother, they handed us key-cards to our rooms! This was a good thing, but why all of the confusion? Who thought we'd need an alternate hotel? I have an 8 month old baby, this was very inconvenient.
For inexpensive rooms, we understood we wouldn't have a Hilton style experience, however, the condidtions could have been a lot better. The floors were sticky, the bottoms of our feet were instantly black & dirty. The only shelf in the bathroom was broken & the shower was not clean. The water smelled of sulfur. We only had about a 1/4 of a roll of toilet paper when we arrived to our room. The walls are thin, we heard late-night arrivers and early morning departers very loudly. We even heard snoring! We all felt uncomfortable with a couple of the Premiere Classe hotel desk clerks. They did not speak any English, so we did not receive some of the help that we needed.
I will never stay at the Premiere Classe Hotel Rungis ever again.

• Liked — Nothing at all
  • Disliked — The disgusting room
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Travellers are raving about these Rungis hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 October 2007

The hotel should include in their directions that you can take the B & B shuttle to get there. Instead I took a taxi that cost me 15 Euro to go 2 miles! Across the street from the B & B drop off, is the Premiere Classe Orly hotel.

Although most International hotels have someone that speaks English, the Premiere Classe Orly Rungis, only had 1 staff member that did. So when our flight was delayed, I tried to call the hotel to see if someone would be there in the middle of the night to check in. The person wasn't able to speak English. When I did check in, they weren't able to find my reservation and insisted that I didn't have one. Only after I put up a fight and showed them my confirmation slip, they took my reservation and gave me a room key.

Don't expect to get much sleep. The maid kept knocking to come in to clean early in the morning even though I had the do not disturb sign on the door. I had to tell her twice to come back later. And when we finally did leave the room to check out, she practically was waiting at the door to kick us out to clean.

When checking out, if you don't speak any French, don't talk to the red headed woman. She was so rude. Even though I tried to speak French, she completely ignored me and continued to sort our her paper work and turned her back towards me.

Overall, I wasn't satisfied with the hotel and had wished that we stayed somewhere else. I would not recommend this hotel.

If I had to stay close to ORLY again, I would stay at Ibis. It's close and there's a shuttle that takes you there. It's the same shuttle that takes to around to the various parking lots.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The rude receptionist at the front desk.
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rungis
hotelF1 Rungis Orly
Ibis Budget Orly Chevilly Tram 7
Ibis Budget Orly Chevilly Tram 7
#4 of 4 in Chevilly Larue
All Suites Appart Hotel Orly Rungis

Been to Premiere Classe Orly Rungis? Share your experiences!