“Haricots verts?!”

Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Haricots verts?!”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I arrived here with my family recently, tired and agitated after a long journey from the UK. Using tripadvisor and having seen the good reviews we decided to come to Courtepaille. The restaurant itself looked wonderfully high quality and authentic and I assumed the food would follow suit. Sadly not. I ordered a steak haché and was a tad unsure about the proceedings for side dishes so when green beans were suggested to me I just went along with it. I literally revieved a steak haché and green beans and the meal felt so incomplete, the green beans were stewed in a strange stock that made them taste vaguely like a beef ragu and the steak haché was bleeding out repulsively onto the plate. I enjoy my meat rare but this was too much. However everyone around me seemed to enjoy the food so my meal may have been an anomalous mishap , the service was wonderful and the atmosphere was fun and relaxed. So don't be put off going here but approach the green beans/ haricots verts with extreme caution.

• Visited May 2013