“Terrible stay”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Rungis
Brno, Czech Republic
“Terrible stay”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We expected a basic hotel considering the price but we were extremely disappointed at the lack of cleanliness and the poor service. We only booked this as we had an early flight and wanted to be closed to the airport but we hardly slept. We actually skipped breakfast as the state of the rooms gave us such a bad impression, we chose not to risk getting food poisoning...

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This Kyriad Rungys (Orly airport) is the worst of all those that I have tried in many years. As a matter of fact, I seldom go to this chain (Kyriad, Campanile) because they have the worst fidelity program of all and they knock off your hard earned points without even telling you. I lost about 100 points like that, without knowing it until I tried to use them!

I slept there on Thursday, June 21, 2012 because I was flying to Madrid the next day on Iberia at 7:40 a.m. and they had a free shuttle to the airport. It was OK for me because it starts at 5:30 a.m. BUT if you are flying in or out after 9 a.m., you will need a taxi because there is no more shuttle after that time until the evening for another few hours, from 6 to 10 p.m.! They were charging about $120 US for a small closet with AC and hair dryer, but I paid less with a reservation made from the US. So make sure you don’t just pop right in!

Closet number 39, for which I paid 65 Euros WITHOUT breakfast (= circa $82 US) was in the back of the building, facing another cheap hotel (I think it was the B&B) on the second floor (first by European standards).

The Kyriad Rungis (Orly airport) is a three story construction with NO elevator. My closet had two army size beds, one tablet running under the window that opens completely for ventilation (non smoking room with smoking odors). There were two chairs under the desk, a small LCD TV and a teapot on it and that took more than half of the space.

Naturally, there was NO club chair (there would be no place to put it anyway!) and NO refrigerator, but I could get a big glass of shaved ice from the reception, unlike at the Kyriad Brancion, where I stayed a couple of times in the past and could not get any ice.

The small bathroom (bigger than the one I had at the Best Western Scala in Frankfurt two days later) had a hair dryer and was reasonably clean. The AC worked properly and, all in all, it was just a place to sleep before flying early.

Since there was no shuttle during the day, I had to take public transportation to return to it after I had left my luggage and returned my car rental to Sixt in Orly West, which took me ONE HOUR BY BUS from the airport.

From Orly West, take a free shuttle to Orly Sud. At Orly Sud, take another free shuttle to the corner of Ibis hotel in Orly, which will drop you at a bus stop, where you take BUS # 285 towards VILLEJUIF and get off at bus stop LE COR DE CHASSE. This will cost you one bus ticket.

Once you get off at bus stop LE COR DE CHASSE, take the stairs up on that side of the street and take another bus running perpendicularly on the street above, called TVM for a few stops, until a stop called DELTA.

There you get off, cross the street, take a ramp down and walk about three or four blocks to the Kyriad.

Naturally, I did this empty handed because I had left my luggage in my closet before returning the car to Sixt, but you could hardly do all this circus with heavy luggage!

They have what seems to be a good restaurant in premises with a cheap lunch menu offering a cheese and dessert buffets BUT they ONLY serve from noon to 2 pm. And when I returned from Orly by public transportation, it was already 2:05 and they were already taking all dishes out of the buffet… Their philosophy: take it easy… No use working hard and pay more taxes!

So I had a correct lunch at COURTE PAILLE restaurant one block from there, where I paid more (17.40 € = circa $22) for a two course lunch and a mediocre ¼ of Beaujolais wine.

One last hint: my 5:30 a.m. shuttle (the first one) left at 5:24 a.m... So make sure you are there 10 minutes earlier!

Room Tip: I saw several rooms which were wide open for maid service: all closets are the same size with one do...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Efrin_Knight

Travellers are raving about these Rungis hotels

Lima, Peru
Reviewed 2 September 2010

Ok first the Orly Airport is an old airport and to get there is not easy by train, less with luggage.
The Kyriad Rungi is also far from the airport and the only way to get it is with a pre reserved booked taxi or by the shuttle (that stops his service at 22:00 !!!)
The people near Rungi must be very untrusted or poor, the shuttle comes just if you call them and once it arrives the driver ask you if you have a confirmed reservation, i guess they dont want to pick up you as there are other hotels around the Kyriad that are better. (Ibis, B&B, etc)
The shuttle guy didnt even help us with our suitcases, i think that's commom in under 4 starts hotels in france, is well known how bad hospitality have the french if they are nor under pressure.
Despite of that the girl in the reception was ok, always watched by another fellow next to the reception, there must be a lot of thieves around the hotel.

.::What I Like::.
-The girl from the reception and her different behaviour in comparision with the other french persons in the hotel.
-The free Wifi

::What i Dislike::.
- The awful location, very difficult to get to the hotel, if you dont call the shuttle or have a taxi pre arranged then you are done.
- The terrible design of the shower, the carpet gets wet inmediately (see pics)
- The room, they offer a 3 persons room, but they dont mention that the third person will have to sleep practically on the floor, yes the extra bed is under one of the other beds (see pictures attached)
- An as always the unfriendly treatment that french service uses to be.

.:: Tips ::.

- Dont even think to arrive to the airport before 21:30, the shuttle just runs till 22:00 so if you dont catch it you are done, it will be difficult and expensive to find a taxi to there at that hour.

- Dont even plan to be here if you have a very early flight, the shuttle goes just before 6:00

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank The_Last_Inca
Chennai, India
Reviewed 14 May 2010

We booked the hotel based on the name that Kriyad has.They have a chain of budget hotels that are well maintained and suits budget travellers. But on this occasion we were staying in 3* hotels all through our trip.The reason we chose this hotel for our last day of the tour is because of the proximity it has to the Orly airport.Its just 3-5 kms away from the airport. We had our flight scheduled to Athens the next morning at 05.30Hrs. The hotel has shuttle service to and from the airport but that service start at 06.00 hrs, so anyway we could not make use of that service.
Another important thing that i would like to point is that, the hotel is located just off the main motorway, so if your staying here you have very little or in-fact no access to taxis or city buses. so if you have to leave to the airport early next morning MAKE SURE YOU ARRANGE FOR A CAB WITH HE RECEPTION TABLE THE PREVIOUS DAY, else watch your flight fly above you while you bang your head in the room.
Finally one more important this is that, though this hotel claims to have 24 hr assistance at the reception, THEY DONT .In spite of me informing the reception that i would be checking out the next day early morning at 03.30 Hrs, the reception was locked, i tried calling the hotel, and no one would answer the call. so finally i had to leave the keys inside the room and lock the door and left the hotel as my cab had arrived.
But with all factors put together its a hotel away from the city, near the Orly airport, they have small rooms but well maintained, clean and is a value for money.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple