“Another b&b hotel: simple and well located.”

B&B Hotel Paris Saint Denis Pleyel
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Saint-Denis
Guadalajara, Mexico
“Another b&b hotel: simple and well located.”
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I stayed here for three nights and I believe this is a nice hotel, although far away from Paris main attractions, but close to the metro train station which solves the mentioned distance problem. The room rate was affordable and reasonable, so I did not have any problem with it. The receptionist were kind and the best of all, they speak English!

The room was clean, quiet and with a nice view to the back part of the hotel. I should say this hotel was recently open, thus the rooms conditions will be more or less new, as anybody can expect.

I would recommend the hotel to those who are on a budget and do not have issues traveling each day to Paris downtown and back to the hotel.

Room Tip: Just reserve with enough time in advance.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank jenocafa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Prosper, Texas
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We stayed here during the Paris section of our Europe student tour. It was okay. I think that the worst part of it was its location. St. Denis Pleyel is out of the way, and it can get pretty shady. Walking back from a trip to the little market in the evening was scary as we were approached and screamed at by a very drunk or high homeless man. The metro stop was just around the corner, so that was convenient.

The room that we stayed in was teeny tiny. It was probably the smallest hotel room I've ever seen. In fact, it was even smaller than the little cabin I had on my last cruise. On top of that, the room was so bare and cold. It was clean. That is probably more important than anything else. But the bed was so uncomfortable. The hotel advertised free wifi, but our room must have been a little too far away from the lobby, so the wifi connection was really weak.

The breakfast was good enough. The pastries were good, and the coffee/espresso machine was awesome.

I would spend the money to be in a hotel in a better area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank divingaggie
France
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Had a pleasant stay at this Hotel, it's fairly newish, but slightly out the way being north of Paris and North of the perpherique, but does have parking, it was quiet when I stayed there, although it was a Friday night when maybe lots of people had disappeared for the weekend. Plenty of parking out front and roundabout, although I did opt for secure parking at an extra cost of 8 euro, not knowing the area, although I noticed a lot of cars parked on both sides of the road, seemingly without problems. I had problems locating it (might be due to my sat nav) however a good landmark just up the road is the Siemens tower (has big Siemens sign on the roof) which is in the same road, hotel is next another hotel, Courtyard Marriot, which I think has a restaurant. Breakfast has hot and cold food available incuding english breakfast tea!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank BasilFrance
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 8 February 2011

I made a budget weekend trip to Paris in Feb. 2011. I choose B&B because I wanted a chain I have trusted vs budget non chain hotels in Paris. I choose B&B hotels because of past experiences of stays in Germany. B&B In St Denis was what I expected. Check in was quick and easy. You do not get a room key but a 7 digit door code. Thats ok with me no chance of losing keys. The staff really doesn't bother you much as the system in my opinion is half self service. The room was clean and adequate. Shower was powerful and nice. A super bed to sleep on. They offer a breakfast for 6 € -which includes juices, cererals, croissant and coffee. German B B hotels the breakfast had more variety but I suppose it is a cultural difference. The metro station was just around the corner and in 10 minutes you can be in St Lazare station in central Paris. So if your willing to stay just outside of Paris along the metro line in a trustworthy chain B&B isn't a bad choice. PS .. beyond the local metro station not much in the genral area of the hotel - a small store, pharmacy but that was about it.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo