“Overbooked - didn't have a room for us!”

Courtyard Paris Saint Denis
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Saint-Denis
Atlanta, Georgia
“Overbooked - didn't have a room for us!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We were three work colleagues traveling together. We arrived after a long day only to be told one of our 3 rooms was not available. A previous tour group had decided to stay longer than their reservation and the hotel was oversold. It would have been courteous of the hotel to notify us earlier in the day, when we might have been able to make other plans, but they did not do so. They were also fairly unapologetic. They offered a free dinner but nothing else. As we were leaving at 7am the next day, and it was already late, we begrudgingly took 2 rooms instead of 3. Nothing like sharing a room with someone from your office!

The rooms themselves were fine, a typical Courtyard. The restaurant (we ate dinner and breakfast) was average at best and had typical hotel prices. The surrounding area did not seem very savory though so the hotel restaurant seemed like the best option.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank emorygrad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 29 September 2013

to start, perfect room, all new, super internet connection all over the hotel, friendly front desk, that is always nice to have a good reception, easy parking under the hotel for a reasonable Paris price, breakfast, good, french, again nice service, people understand the word hospitality. Do Not buy a beer there though, 8 euro for one pint, that is over the moon, we go to the meridean in porte Maillot and get the same price in the jazz club with super music and ambiance, so 8 euro guys, that is overdone. rest i could not think of anything to complain about, all is as expected, no surprises, would stay here again also good for family stays

Room Tip: all rooms are good the Hotel is new, do not have a drink at the bar, that is ridiculous expensive, t...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bob s
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Room was nice and spacious. We were a group of 3, me along with my parents and they had provided a nice extra bed for us. Bathroom especially was very huge! Guess it was made for accommodating a bathtub, but only a shower was there. But they had provided us with all the bath toiletries.

Breakfast was sumptuous and good , but same cannot be said about all the serving staff. There were no spoons in spoon area and when asked for one, nobody even bothered to refill it on time. They I myself had to go and hunt for a spoon from another section!

WiFi is not free, which is another major drawback. Because for such a famous group of hotels, you really expect them to provide free WiFi for the guests; hence really disappointing.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank lifez-beautiful
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We had a pleasant stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room overlooked the back of the property and the apartments behind the building. It was very quiet and clean. The only drawback we ran into was the fact that there was no internet access IN THE ROOMS. The lobby was the only place you could connect and this made it a very busy place at some times of the day/night.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MelanieGreene2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I knew exactly what I was getting into; a Marriott property with all the advantages of a Marriott property in a less than central location - and a great price. I ended up staying 7 days at the hotel (my original plan was only 4) and I really have nothing but excellent things to say about the hotel.

Location: The hotel is 5 minutes from the Carrefour Pleyel stop on the Metro 13 line. The Paris Metro is a horror - overcrowded at all times of the day and no air conditioning - but it can take you anywhere you want to go with one or two changes. The ride from the hotel to central Paris is about 15 minutes, once the train comes.

Staff: Outstanding. Everyone I came in contact with at the hotel was friendly, spoke excellent English, and was extremely helpful. I had numerous train tickets that needed to be printed during my stay, and the front desk staff had them printed for me within minutes. Great people.

Room: Large, clean, well air conditioned and excellent internet connection. Some of the best pillows I have ever had at a hotel (I wish I could have taken one of them home with me). The hotel was quiet, very little hallway noise, and a true pleasure to "come home to" at night.

Restaurant: I ate there five nights and every plate was excellent. At first I thought the food maybe a bit over priced, but Paris is simply an expensive city to eat in. I love the Tomato & Mozzarella starter as well as the Mediterranean Cold Cut starter. (The English menu says its "colt cuts" and for a while I was confused.) I had the plat du jour a couple of times and they were mostly excellent. Don't be afraid to "eat in" during your stay.

There is also a 24 hour 'market' where everything is way over priced (3E for a 33cl can of diet pepsi). There is a small general market right where you get off the Metro that sells everything at a fraction of the cost of the hotel market (for example, a 1.5L Diet coke is 2.30E compared to that 3E can which is 1/5th the size.)

I highly recommend this hotel, as long as you can live with the location.

Room Tip: Ask for the back side, although I don't believe either front or back gets very noisy.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank viapanam
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My Grandson and I have just returned to the UK after spending 4 very pleasant nights in this hotel. Our twin room (No. 316) was an excellent size, which overlooked the rear of the property and was extremely quiet. It was scrupulously clean and very well equipped with two exceptionally comfortable 3/4 size beds. The fridge, safe, iron/ ironing board, complimentary toiletries and tea/coffee making facilities in the room were very welcome touches and the aircon' was superb.

The inclusive breakfast in our package was top notch with a very varied selection of good hot and cold food to choose from. Breakfast can be eaten inside or outside on the small pleasant courtyard if preferred.

The staff are a credit to the hotel and I found them to be very pleasant and most helpful at all times.

I had read many mixed views about the area around the hotel before our departure, but whilst there I found it to be a very quiet area and we felt extremely comfortable and safe just walking around at all times. Although the hotel is outside Paris, it is just a short 5 minute walk to the nearest Metro, which will get you into the city within 20 minutes. It is also very well connected for the airport as the RER B line runs from the airport to Saint Denis (saves on expensive taxi charges to and from the airport).

Just so this is is a balance review one area for improvement would be the WiFi which, as some other reviewers have touched on, is chargeable at just under 7€ per hour/20€ per day and was not that fast in our experience. However, this pales into insignificance when taking everything else into account.

In short, I found this hotel to be a little gem and unbeatable value and certainly made our visit very enjoyable indeed and I will definitely be returning.

Thanks to everyone concerned.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hughes209
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 23 July 2013

A bit removed and not in the better part of Paris, this property is still very clean and nice - especially if you want to be fairly near the Airport. It is close to the Metro but not direct to most of the sights. Food is mediocre and overpriced and expensive parking but still would recommend it with those caveats.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple