I will start my review from 2 major disadvantages which can be disturbing for some guests:
1) breakfast is acceptable only if you stay one or two nights - despite the pastries and baguettes are vey tasty and always fresh, the available range of products is at the level of Ibis standards - shame on the management!!! - I saw that you read the reviews - therefore PLEASE !!!
DO SOMETHING TO CHANGE THIS POINT!!!
2) hotel is located over 40 km from the CDG airport so the taxi will cost you ca. 80 €
- as an alternative I do recommend to take one passport photo with you and buy the carte Navigo Semaine (7 days unlimited ticket for all the Parisien transportation - cost ca. 35 € ), then the hotel is only 20 minutes by RER from Arc d'Triomphe and Champs Elysees - RER station is 200 meters away from the hotel and frequency of the connections to Paris centre is excellent.
The main reasons to recommend this hotel are:
1) history and atmosphere of this place - here was born the king of France - Louis IV.
2) just next to the hotel you have direct access to the beautiful parc with kilometers of runaways for jogging and walks
3) Saint Germain en Laye is not a typical crowdy place full of tourists - walking narrow streets to the main square you will "touch" the real french style of living - recommend to go for the market on Thuesdays, Fridays and the best on Sunday morning (till 12.00)
4) Front desk reception is very kind and helpfull - they will surely arrange anything you wish ..., except airconditioning - because this could be a huge minus for summer visits ....
GENERALLY - I DO RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL
Bonne Annee 2014!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing on a vast terrace, near the castle and the forest, this neoclassical house saw the birth of Roi Soleil, Louis XIV. In the dining room with its unique and spectacular view over Paris and the Seine Valley, a delicious cuisine stamped with modernity has replaced the noble recipes of bygone days. You will appreciate the well decorated rooms either with the view over Paris or park side. Private parking, free wifi. RER A train at 5 mn walking (30 mn to Champs-Elysees). An ideal setting for a romantic stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pavillon Henri IV reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pavillon Henri Iv Hotel St-Germain-En-Laye