This is supposed to be a four star hotel on one of France's premier golfing resorts. It is also in a country that prides itself on the quality and freshness of it's food. And yet the best the hotel could do for breakfast was serve scrambled egg made from powdered egg and offer coffee from a machine that had powdered milk. This just summed up the quality of food that we endured during our stay, and the efficiency of the service that went with it. The staff did their best but there was never enough of them as many flitted between serving behind the bar and waiting in the restaurant. You are left with the feeling that the hotel is trying to save money (or maximise profits) at the expense of some it's customers. For example, despite having a shared room, we had just one tea bag with a single cardboard cup between us. Of course, this doesn't stop the Novotel from charging a small fortune for a beer (when they can get the pump to work) or a gin and tonic (though when they ran out of gin early in the evening, the barman at first refused to get another bottle, and then said it will take him 10 minutes to find a replacement - and even then he failed to find one!). The problem is that the hotel was built and is now managed to cater for company events, conferences and seminars. So if you are there as a normal paying guest (as we were), you aren't really that important. And worse still, you are made to feel that way. Le Golf National is due to host the Ryder Cup in 2018. All I can think is that they will have to knock the hotel down, and give the site to another Hotel operator to rebuild a proper, guest orientated facility. And if you're planning to play golf there in the meantime, find another hotel!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the prestigious courses of Le Golf National where the Open de France is played each year, the Novotel Saint Quentin Golf National offers 131 modern rooms, 12 meeting rooms and an auditorium for all your events both professional and private (maximum capacity 250 people). Our restaurant, clubhouse and two bars provide the perfect place to relax. Guests also enjoy our swimming pool, two tennis courts and a fitness centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Saint Quentin Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Saint Quentin Golf Hotel St-Quentin-En-Yvelines
- Novotel St-Quentin-En-Yvelines
- Novotel Saint Quentin Hotel
- St-Quentin-En-Yvelines Novotel