“New Years Eve in Paris”

GreenLeadersGold level
Toulouse, France
“New Years Eve in Paris”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

This hotel is just across the Seine from central Paris and all it's attractions. We had an excelllent price for our stay and made the most of the superb buffet breakfast. The hotel was full but coped perfectly with the demand. We particularly appreciated the use of the indoor secure parking as we left our car fully loaded in the car park knowing it was secure.
As I also have business trips to Saint Cloud I will use the hotel again for those visits as the rooms are well equipped for the single businmessman.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Overnight stay here with the Mrs and 2 kids en route to Cannes
Very friendly staff, excellent location Eiffel Tower about 20 mins drive
Off street free parking for a small car
2 kids single beds with a queen size bed in the family room, breakfast inc cereals fruit/ bread tea coffe
McDonald's round the corner if interested in fast food, ATM also located nearby
Overall brilliant cost effective B& B

• Stayed November 2012
connecticut
Reviewed 22 October 2012

location was a good taxi ride from central Paris. About 30 euros each way. would rather have spent the extra 60 euros a day for a closer hotel. Staff was indifferent at best. the bar area is samlla nd the barkeep totally could not care less about you. we went there each night after touring and were treated as if we were inturrupting him and his friends. The desk staf were okay, but I felt taken advantage of when it came to calling for taxis. The taxis charge you from wherever they are when they receive a call. For instance, one taxi arrived with 15 euros already on the meter becasue they were far away when called. This is like $22 dollars before we even entered the taxi. the desk person didn't seem to care when Icomplained about this. He said that is how things are done. The rooms were okay, the baths standard and the overall place an average hotel. The rooms did not have arir conditioning and there arent screens on the window, so either you are hot or have bugs in the room.

Room Tip: The pull out couch converted to two twin beds which was great for four friends sharing a room.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Attard, Malta
Reviewed 30 September 2012

This is my second visit to this hotel; i've stayed here twice for business already. The rooms are clean; the bed is very comfortable; the bath is pretty high so getting in and out safely (unless ure very tall) is not that easy; the wifi is very good; with tea and coffee facilities in the room and the staff is very friendly; the breakfast is as quite good. The only disadvantage is the location - the hotel is not so central and getting back at night especially is not so easy.

Carmel, IN
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I cannot believe that this hotel has the decent ratings I am seeing here. We did not enjoy our stay here- we stayed because it was close to my husband's office in the area and the accomodation was booked through his company travel reps.
I am very surprised to read other travelers' reviews saying that their rooms were okay- the one we stayed in was awful. It was super ugly & dingey, and the bed was hands-down the worst, most uncomfortable bed I've ever had the displeasure of "sleeping" in. It was so hard that I think it would be preferable to sleep on a floor if the floor wasn't super ugly cheap carpet. It also had a sort of dome shape where the middle was higher than the sides. I slept in the sofa bed the second night of our stay, and it was better than the double bed, but a typical sofa bed, nonetheless.
In addition, the room was hot, and guests cannot control the room temperature at all- it is controlled at the desk, no thermostats to adjust on your own. (CHEAP!) We realized that something was wrong on the last part of the stay, and we were given a different room which was much cooler, but no difference in the room quality- it was just a little smaller, and still undesirable. We also had to move ourselves.
The service from the staff was very mixed. Some staff members were pretty nice and helpful and seemed genuinely interested in making sure that all was well, while others were rude and aloof to the point that I wondered why they were working in the hospitality industry at all.
The tv stations were limited. Toilet was far away from the bathroom with the sink, which was inconvenient. The breakfast was not enjoyable- food wasn't very good, and it was hard to track down staff for help with it. For example, it took 3 trips to find someone to provide a bottle opener to open the bottled waters (not individual bottles) that were on the buffet. The lady working there was unfriendly and seemed annoyed that we were there at all, but the guy we finally found with the bottle opener was pretty nice. They did comp my breakfast at check out because of the deal with the air conditioner, but that was the only customer-servicey thing they did for us, and it was because my husband asked them to.
The only plus I could see to staying in this hotel would be that if you had business in the area and you couldn't find anything else. NO! votel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Suresnes hotels

Ascot, Berkshire
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I stayed here as I was in the Paris area on a business trip and my colleagues booked me into it. I would not have chosen to stay here, but the hotel is close to our French office. From the outside, it looks a little run down but once you enter the lobby, you see that the hotel is ok, in fact it was undergoing a lick of paint when I was there.

There are two elevators to the rooms, which are a little old-fashioned and slow, but they serve their purpose. My room was on the 3rd floor overlooking a road but I couldn’t hear any noise. The room was spacious and had what you would expect from a Novotel. The mini-bar was well stocked and the bed comfortable.

The bathroom – while on the small side – was functional and there were plenty of toiletries and towels to make sure you could shower and wash comfortably.

Internet over wifi was free when I stayed there and the download speeds were fast. The TV had all the channels you want too.

Breakfast was nice – it is served on the 1st floor and the staff were courteous and polite. The buffet is charged at €16 per adult which I think was fair given the wide choice available. I even had cold rice pudding for breakfast, which I love.

There was just one niggle and that was the barman in the evening. He was quite abrupt, despite my speaking French with him, and the prices in the bar are outrageous. For a Novotel to charge €13 for a large beer and a whisky and coke is outrageous in my book. Perhaps not so in other folks’ opinions.

In summary, the hotel is functional and does the job, though there is no sense of luxury. Plus, for the price I paid (€207), I felt as if I should have had just a little more comfort.

Room Tip: High room floor
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suresnes
Atrium Hotel
#1 of 8 in Suresnes
Passy
Camping Indigo Paris Bois de Boulogne
Novotel Paris La Defense
#6 of 41 in La Defense
Hotel Vivaldi
#1 of 9 in Puteaux

Been to Novotel Paris Suresnes Longchamp? Share your experiences!