“Indians Stay out of this hotel”

Novotel Paris Suresnes Longchamp
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Suresnes
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is no flattering but realistic review after my two nights stay in this hotel.

First of all, do not get carried away by the brand Novotel. The latter group no doubt has excellent hotels across the globe one of which you might have experienced in India. But this is surely a black sheep.

Rooms are badly designed and the toilet can make you pity the stupidity of the interior architect for designing such crammed separate cubicles called toilet- you get to see it as soon as you open the room door- and a bad bath. I have never seen anywhere such a stupid wash basin and poor bath. Honestly I felt, if by chance, it was a medieval prison converted to a hotel !!

The hotel doesn't have a portico. It was raining when we arrived at the hotel and we were trying hard to lug the luggage up the steps but the guys at the desk did not bother to suggest us that there was a side ramp to pull the luggage up! They did not bother to unlock the way on sighting us.On our demand they opened it when we were checking out.
The hotel staff,I found, were unhelpful and the desk clerk, a black, quite arrogant and 'don't care master'. A kinda reverse racism, I thought, he was playing !

The room ambiance was 28C and reached 30 later. Quite sultry bcz of rain. No fans in the rooms and they would not run the air conditioning despite our repeated calls for service. The standard answer I got was the technician had inspected and every thing was fine and it soon would cool, which never happened.
I had to keep my room windows open but constantly worried about room theft of passports known to occur in the West. It was 1st floor after all!! Two nights I didn't have good sleep.Same with my other colleagues.
Could have changed the hotel but no easy option in an alien place.

Breakfast arrangements would make even an ordinary Indian restaurants seem wonderful.
Be it the cutlery or the table top items like pepper, jam, a tumbler etc which should be routinely available were unavailable and came only on demand. The only toaster just didn't start. A long queue to collect bread pieces !! The choice of food stuff? The less said the better. My Paris experience left me review the French's reputation for hospitality.
If you want a memorable Paris experience, stay out of this idiotic place that goes by the reputed name Novotel. They are playing fraud on unsuspecting customers and encashing their trust in the brand we know in India. I get enraged by the thought of this bad hotel that deprived my sleep for two days.

Room Tip: Stay out of this property
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MSP810
Alexis N, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Suresnes Longchamp, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor.

I'm sure those words have exceeded your thoughts

Please accept my apologies for the bad experience.
Make sure that your satisfaction is my first priority.

With my best regards.

Alexis Nicolas
General manager

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed in March 2014 overnight for business. The hotel is adequately clean and offers standard 3-star facilities, however the floor carpeting is slightly smelly and perhaps requires renovation. The hotel is situated in an inconvenient area with respect to public transportation (to airport). The surrounding neighborhood is a typical boring suburb. Nothing to see or do.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Alexis N, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Suresnes Longchamp, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Customer,
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Paris. We are sorry if your stay was not up to your expectations and present our apologies. Know only that at few minutes from the hotel, there is a multitude things to discover ... and some good restaurants too. During your next stay at Novotel, do not hesitate to ask us for information about the area and tourist places to visit.

We hope to welcome you again at Novotel.

Sincerely.

Alexis NICOLAS

Reviewed 21 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Rajan K
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend in OCTOBER 2013. We absolutely loved it! The hotel was just perfect! Our room 311 was absolutely amazing - it was massive, beautiful bathroom, extremely clean. We could not have asked for anything better. The breakfast was great, so much to choose from. All members of staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The dinner in the restaurant was also good! Although the hotel is not located in the centre of Paris, it is only a short trip on the tramway, which is situated very close to the hotel. We were chatting to one of the waiters named Bruno - he was extremely helpful and kind to us. We would definitely recommend this hotel, and if we ever go back to Paris, we will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: you have to choose room 311
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DAN L
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I have stayed here a few times for Longchamp racing

Suresnes is less than 15 minute walk to the course and has a great little bar called Le Pub which serves decent food at reasonable prices with friendly staff

Wine it is far better value and quality than a beer that costs 7 euros a time

Hotel is decent standard, has very friendly staff at reception and the small bar area, it helps to speak a little french it goes a long way with staff that you are making an effort

it costs around 30 euro's for a cab to Bastille area for world famous Bofinger restaurant, well worth a visit for the service and the seafood

Room Tip: Rooms at back are away from street
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We arrived here expecting 2 rooms as that's what the hotel advisor said.. We were given one.. My two children (17 and 15) slept on sofa beds fit for 8-9 year olds and as uncomfy as anything before. We explained how this was not our fault but the rude French staff refused to sort it out.. Okay one thing over and done with, 1 hour later we get a phonecall saying that there will be no electricity in the building from 2am to 5am. This hotel is a joke, I can't believe how bad the experience was even though my last Novotel experience was not that bad!

• Stayed: October 2013
nicolas l, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Suresnes Longchamp, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Your stay in my hotel clearly did not meet your expectations and you have highlighted certain issues regarding the services that we provided.

Firstly, please allow me to say how sorry I am that we did not meet your expectations.
I consider such matters to be extremely important, your comments have therefore been shared with my team and together we are working on solving these issues so that our service will no longer disappoint in this area.
I do hope that, despite these issues, we will be able to welcome you again as a client of Novotel. Should you choose to stay in my hotel again, please do not hesitate to send me an e-mail: h1143-gm@accor.com. I will personally ensure that you get a room that will meet your expectations.

Yours sincerely,

Nicolas Lacrouts
Manager

Reviewed 10 October 2013

a nice clean hotel with very friendly helpful staff, a very nice position, with easy access to longchamp, in fact i have booked again today for next year.
the rooms were spacious with all the facilities i would have expected

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suresnes
Atrium Hotel
Sofitel Paris La Defense
Sofitel Paris La Defense
#2 of 41 in La Defense
Hotel Mercure Paris Saint Cloud Hippodrome

Been to Novotel Paris Suresnes Longchamp? Share your experiences!