“Get to know the neighbours....”

Premiere Classe Paris Ouest - Pont De Suresnes
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Suresnes
“Get to know the neighbours....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

We chose this place based on budget. We spent all day in Paris so it was just a place to sleep, however it did take a but by train and you have to buy tickets for Paris as well as a regional ticket as this is outside of Paris, so that was a bit of a pain. When we arrived in Paris, we tried 3-4 times to call the front desk of the hotel to tell them we'd be in a bit late (they told us check in was only until 9 pm), but no one answered and there was no voicemail. We tried the number given and one that a tourist office at the train station also found for us. This was frustrating as we ended up running our butts off to make it to the hotel in time, only to see that we could have easily arrived later and they simply don't answer the phone. it was a bit difficult to find from the train station, or perhaps it was our rush to get there in time that made it feel that way.

The room didn't have garbage in it or anything, but it was certainly very low budget...however it is a one star place and cheaer than in paris.....but as other reviewers said, the shower is so small I don't think a larger person would fit in it to be frank. the shower curtain does indeed stick to you the whole time....and i don't think they provide towels. I'm certain we used our own.

As for the title of my review, trust me when I tell you the walls between rooms are paper-thin, and we heard every sound coming from our randy neighbours. i have never listened to John Mayer so loudly on my iPod before as I did those nights.... *shudder*

i probably wouldn't stay here again based mostly on the inconvience to get to and from Paris, and on the fact that for a bit more $$ you could get a place a little less "low-budget." But, I wasn't scarred by anything and the place served it's purpose.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kalikat4323

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Turkish first
Wellington, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

I am currently at this hotel, just to write about an experience I had which has made me very paranoid. I am sick so I have unfortunately not been able to go out so I was in the hotel room at midday yesterday when ( about an hour after the cleaner came in) there was a knock at the door and then a woman just opened my door. She was wearing street clothes (not a uniform) and looked as surprised to see me there as I was to see her. She asked me in French if everything was OK and left after my reply. This morning I went to reception to ask if they have a safe to keep valuables - they don't have a safe. After I explained what happened yesterday the lady at the desk told me to "keep my door closed" (as if I'd leave it wide open!) and treated me like an idiot. She said it was "impossible" that this woman could have a key to our room. Make of this story what you will, but I see no reason why anyone, unless its a cleaner, should be coming into our room in the middle of the day.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Alice2013255115

Travellers are raving about these Suresnes hotels

Dunedin, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

While touring Europe, our group had chosen this hotel in Paris, it looked okay, it was cheap. But upon entering, it was the most disgusting place we had been to. In the middle of the Ghetto the hotel is situated right next to a park where all the homeless people and drug dealers like to hang out. The rooms were atrocious, ripped sheets, blood on the sheets and walls and in our room, after receiving 'room service' one of the maids had spilt beer, left the bottle and the spillage and walked out. This was a child's room!!! Poor service from uninterested staff left as with a very poor impression.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Taranicole349
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

The hotel was okay. It was clean for us to spend the night. The location was ideal to the point that it was close enough where we could catch a 20 minute bus ride to Paris and walk the rest of the way to Arc de Troimphe, and then onto the Eiffel tower. We are very independent travelers and we enjoy using a map to find out how to get to where we need to go. Plus, we're cheap so we don't like spending money on a taxi unless we have to. :P We like to use local transportation such as the bus or subway.

Location:
As I said, it's close enough to Paris where we could catch a short and cheap ride in and out. At night, the subway is still open late so we could take that back. One night, it was really late plus raining so we decided to take a taxi. A nice pizza place next to it so during the rain we just grabbed some pizza.

Room:
The room was clean, but very small. 3 of us, so two single beds and one bunk horizontally placed over the two. The top one did not seem sturdy to me at all so I slept on one of the lower ones. The room was very small. We had to put our luggage in one corner. Barely any walking space. There was also a table in room, which was nice as we could set up our laptop and call back home via skype. Internet was free.

Bathroom:
The bathroom deserves its own section in this review because it was the TINIEST of all! I am a short person and by no means excessively overweight. I could barely move in there. I'm 4'11!!!
That was the really hard part of it all. I won't go as far to say I'd rather have a community bath, but this one almost makes me say it. The sink, toliet, and shower were all jam-packed in there. I had to literally keep my arms at my side to move at all in there.

Service:
To be honest, the lady at the front desk wasn't really helpful. She wasn't particularly nice as well. The service was okay. We asked for different modes of transportation to get into the city and they did not help us figure it out. We did that all by ourselves. We also got lost in Paris (go figure) and ran into a Hilton (Thank god...they speak English!) and they were actually very friendly in showing us where the taxi stand was.

Value:
The hotel was pretty cheap. Offered a clean and safe environment, but other than the free internet, no other free amenities.

I am on the fence about staying here again (I am going back to Paris!).
If I could not find cheap and close accommodation to Paris, I would choose this hotel.

Hope it helps!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms high up, great view!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank jd3sai
planetE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

Okay hotel. Cheap and rooms and beds are ok. Noise of the ventilation system was a definite minus.....

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank nicafamilytraveler
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

agree with sparkymark in some regards...." the size of the room was very small with no space for us to put our clouthes or any bagage. the shower was so small the shower curtain stuck to you the whole time you showered". I was in a 3 bed room which has a bunk bed over the two singles. Few hangers in the room (no wardrobe) enough for me. Bed a bit small for me but comfy enough. The bathroom is like a wet room, but the inside was an apricot coloured plastic, so initially took some getting used too and apart form the shower curtain it was OK, but tiny-just enough to stand one person in. breakfast buffet is basic but for evening meal go next door to the camponile hotel and you get 15% off your bill - i had a lovely buffet meal for €20. It is noisy out there but I slept OK. I wouldn't recommend for couples or families unless last minute rush. It is also too far out form the centre I think. For €55 a night I have seen better but was OK for me.
I flew into Orly, took the 'les cars air france' bus #1 to CDG E'toile (€11.50) outside Gate A. Got the M1 metro to La Defense (€1.70) and then the T2 tram direction Porte de Versailles) to Suresnes Longchamp, and walked to the hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank marky_boy_uk
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

Totally a sub standard hotel in a poor location in the middle of an industrial estate next door to a petrol station. the bad points. the hotel and its surround had a bad smell of rotten eggs the hole of our stay, office block opposite lit up our room all night and the curtain was too small to cover the window. the size of the room was very small with no space for us to put our clouthes or any bagage. the shower was so small the shower curtain stuck to you the whole time you showered. the hotel was vandalised on our second night and parts were stollen from my car!!!!!! overall the hotel was a budget hotel at high prices the staff were very friendly but i would not recommend this hotel to a tramp for a place to stay!!! a complete crap hotel disgusting smelly and a rip off!!! look elsewhere

Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sparkymark1250
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suresnes
Atrium Hotel
#1 of 8 in Suresnes
Passy
Camping Indigo Paris Bois de Boulogne
Hotel le Dauphin
#2 of 9 in Puteaux

Been to Premiere Classe Paris Ouest - Pont De Suresnes? Share your experiences!