“Not what i expected” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Villejuif
..................................
“Not what i expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2010

So i read all of the previous reveiws before i left, and they did not help whatsoever. I was really worried that my trip would be ruined. On arrival i was a little bit disconserted with the location but then saw the positive that we were right be the metro station. On arrival outside the hotel, i was pleasantly suprised it looked cute and quite nice. We entered the hotel they gave the whole group our keys and off we went. I ususaly just ignore the bad things of a hotel and i was expecting the worse, to which i was pleasantly suprised, they rooom was small but clean. Dont get me wrong, it wasnt the most advanced of rooms but it was clean and tidy, thats all i could really ask for. There were for beds, two of them as a bunk bed whick did not look safe whatsoever, the top bunk was literally a shelf, and i later found that the hinge of the bed could pop out and fall on the person on the bottem bunk, luckily no-one was under. What i will critisize is that the elevator could only take two, which was a bit annoying but we were only on the 3rd floor. we didnt really see the staff, apart from at breakfast times when thye would fill up the water jug. The Breakfast was not really what i expected, it was a piece of frech stick and a quassant, not really sufficent i feel and not verying enough for me i feel. Altogether i had a pleasnt trip, the hotel was clean, the staff wern;t that rude (although i couldnt really make a judgement) and it was convinently located :by the metro, local bakery, Mcdonalds, and various resturants and pharmacies. etc Alltogether, the hotel did not ruin my trip. just quickly our showr/bath did not have a shower curtain so we had to have beths if we didnt want to flood our bath room. The cleaners didn't clean the sheets each day they just remaid them, which was ok for me because they were clean in the first place. I would defiasntely recoment this hotel if you ant to cut down your budget, its clean and convinently located, If you are going to be visting paris and are going to be iur most of the day and just coming back to sleep then its perfect on a low budget.

• Stayed October 2010
2 Thank ythtdgjkhlugjfyghvbj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

The Hotel is clean and basic . The staff are so rude it is hard to belive that they can be like this. I was part of a coach tour. On the 2nd day we went to have breakfast only to be told that was not any ! the bread had not arrived. The staff did not seem to worried that they had 50 very pissed off peolpe to deal with. Once the bread did arrive it was throw ( and i mean throw) at me. I ened up walking across the road and having breakfast at the brakery. I will not be going back to this hotel and would tell you to advoid it if you can.

• Stayed August 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank happyhippy22

Travellers are raving about these Villejuif hotels

dawlish
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2010

Possibly the worst hotel i have ever stayed in - this is the first time i have ever done a review on hotels - i normally just take it on the chin and get on with it - but this hotel has finally broke my silence!

On arrival - had room key card thrown at me over the counter by the most ignorant man i have ever met - believe me i have been to hundreds of hotels all over the world from budget backpackers to 5 Star - i have never come across such an ignorant receptionist!

Assuming he was just having a bad day - i went to my room - i can only assume the lift had some kind of tardis / time portal device in it as when i got out on the third floor - i had suddenly been transported back to the early 80's!!!! After opening the door to the room i was overcome by the smell of TCP and the sight of shiny pink bamboo furniture!!! The decor was gastly!!!!

The bathroom - where do i start??? No towels, no toilet roll, no shower curtain, just a bath with the remains of a shower riser, a basin with no plug and a toilet pan with (get ready!!!) pubic hairs and skid marks in the pan!!!!! I nearly puked in my mouth!

After nearly vomiting i went to the reception to insist on a new room only to be told in a very arrogant manner that the hotel was full and there were no more rooms, with that i went to the bar, withirn 1 minute of me walking away from the reception - a very loud german chap came in with his wife asking if they had any rooms for the night - only to be told that there was a room - 70 Euros for the night!!! HANG ON A MINUTE!!!!! He just told me there were no more rooms!!!!! EH???????? I challenged the receptionist over this - he just ignored me!!! I laughed and walked away to the bar to order a beer - Mr receptionist was the barman too - oh joy i thought! I asked for a beer - no beer! Wine? - No Wine! Coke? No Coke! I then asked him what he had - his answer??? Bar is closed!!! Yet there were people in there supping wine! Luckily i had a case of beer with me - so i sat outside watching the world go by drinking luke warm lager! Lush!!!

Whilst i appreciate the hotel is not in the best location and this i already knew before i arrived, what i didnt know that it was slap bang in the middle of a semi red light area! I was approached many times by ladies (very large ladies) asking if i would like a good time??? Naturally i declined thier very kind offer - only to be harassed for about 20 minutes by these ladies - now - im ex-british army - i am not very easily offended - but i can imagine this could be quite intimidating to most!

After the most awful nights sleep - i went into the beautiful city of Paris and had a fantastic day, returning to the hotel exhausted and ready for a shower - only to find my wet towels had been hung over the rail next to the loo - not replaced! We were told the towels would be changed each day so naturally left them in the bath - only to have then hung over the rail. I asked for them to be changed by the receptionist (a different chap from the night before) He took my damp towels and went into the back - where he stayed for quite a while! After waiting for what seemed an age - i went through to the back office only to find him sat back in a chair smoking - now not wishing to make any false allogations - but what he was smoking wasnt normal tobacco - i'll say no more but it reminded me of the smells from the Glastonbury Festival!!!! I think you know what im saying! I got my towels - 1 hour ater asking!!!!

Now breakfast - petit dejeuner they call it! I have stayed in about 20 different hotels in Paris - normally a continental breakfast in the other hotels consist of ham, cheese, orange juice, croissant, bread rolls, yoghurt, fruit, eggs, tea, coffee, hot water - this hotel??? 1 x croissant and 1 x luke warm cup of coffee! no juice/water! a bit of butter and jam may have been nice to go with it but no! 1 plain croissant! Needless to say - the Mac Donalds about 200m up the road did a roaring trade!!!!!

All in all - gastly awful dated lifeless! All topped off with the most miseralbe arrogant ignorant staff i have ever known!

AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS!

There are many many hotels in the centre of Paris - much nicer and much cheaper than this one - spend your money wisely and book elsewhere!

Please do not think this review is sent by a miserable old traveller who pays for B&B and demands 5 Star on arrival - like i said - i have stayed in some basic budget hotels in my travels but this one is the worst i have ever been to and simply could not ignore it! I am a honest hard working chap - not a compulsive moaner / complainer - i have never had any reason to complain before but this has finally broke my silence!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
13 Thank fatbloke74
Liverpool
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2009

My wife and I stayed at the France Hotel Villejuif for 3 nights at the end of June 2009.
The hotel is situated in the suburbs of Paris about 10 kms south of the city centre; it is close to a Metro station and a bus station with regular connections to the city centre. It takes about 25 minutes to travel to the centre on the Metro (there are 14 stops on the way). Buy a carnet of 10 tickets for €11.40. You can make single journey of any length for one ticket, you can change lines as often as required all on the same ticket provided you don't exit the system.
The hotel is on a main dual carriageway and there is a lot of traffic noise throughout the day from early morning to late evening.
The hotel has 6 floors and has a very small lift just big enough to accommodate two people and their cases.
On the ground floor there is a 24 hour reception, the dining room, a small bar and a residents’ lounge. The lounge is comfortably furnished and is air-conditioned and there is a large screen TV with Sky or similar.
We stayed in a twin room at the back of the hotel so we weren’t troubled by the traffic noise (those at the front said it was very noisy). The room did not have air-conditioning but we understand that the rooms at the front of the hotel do have this.
Our room was very spacious and the beds were firm and comfortable. There was adequate storage space (chests of drawers, cupboards and hanging space) but there were no clothes-hangers provided. There was a small fridge inside one of the chest of drawers. A small TV was provided and a BBC news programme was available but the reception was so poor we didn’t bother watching TV. .There were no tea or coffee making facilities.
The room was cleaned/tidied every day.
The bathroom/toilet was very big with a modern toilet, sink with a mirror and a bath with an over-bath shower (but no shower curtain). Water pressure was excellent and hot water was always available.
Two bath towels and two face towels were provided.
We stayed on a bed & breakfast basis. Breakfast was the usual continental type – a croissant, a piece of French loaf, butter & jam and tea or coffee. It was basic but adequate.
There are few bars close to the hotel but even on the outskirts of the city the prices are very high - €7.50 for beer! There are several fast food restaurants close-by, mainly kebab & pizza type places but there is also a McDonalds just up the road from the hotel for those who like that sort of thing.
In Villejuif town centre, which is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel, there are a couple of decent restaurants and look for the big supermarket in Villejuif centre, you'll save a small fortune on food, sandwiches, beer and wine compared with the shops and bars close to the hotel.
We enjoyed our stay in the France hotel and would be happy to go back.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank charlieryan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Villejuif
Hotel balladins Villejuif
ibis Budget Paris Porte d'Italie Est
Ibis Orly Chevilly Tram 7
Ibis Orly Chevilly Tram 7
#3 of 4 in Chevilly Larue

Been to France Hotel? Share your experiences!