“cheap clean for one night only”

Premiere Classe Roissy - Villepinte - Parc Des Expositions
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Villepinte
Reviewed 9 August 2012

we stayed here on way to south of france, wanted to visit Paris. Its very tiny & the bunk bed over top of two single beds makes it feel more cramped. As we were only here for one night we Wanted somewhere cheap, clean & near train station for sight seeing. Its perfect in respect of all that. Reception was located at hotel next door not a problem as this was well noted when we booked & written very clearly on door. The train station is literally a 1 minute walk from hotel ideal for returning from very long day sightseeing. Only thing was our train stopped in middle of nowhere suburb & it took a good while to discover the train line was down & buses had been laid on for stranded passengers. It all added to the adventure & eventually exhausted we arrived back to hotel. Nice, safe area well lit. The beds were some of the most comfortable we stayed in. The hotel is very cheap & for that I was expecting it to be poor but cleanliness was top knotch & the bed was first class. JUST WATCH OUT FOR THE TINIEST BATHROOM IN THE WORLD BE WARNED

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Gerriwolf
There are newer reviews for Premiere Classe Roissy - Villepinte - Parc Des Expositions

Reviewed 9 August 2012

“First Class” is what we call an “oxymoron” in the Academia… There is nothing “first” nor “classy” in this place except in the name!

If you are willing to sleep in a closet without AC, without a refrigerator or a microwave, and with not even a hair dryer or a telephone, this is the place!

True, the exterior is modern and appealing, but rooms are as basic as in the ETAP WIEN MESSE in Vienna (the real one, in Austria!) where I stayed several days last May, and for which I already posted a review right here, in Trip Advisor.

Except that my room in Vienna was much bigger than these rooms at the “Première Classe”, of which I have tried a good dozen because that’s where I stay whenever I’m flying out of Paris Charles De Gaulle airport the next day early in the morning.

My last visit there goes back to Friday, December 16, 2011, because I was taking AA 63 as usual the following morning at 10 a.m. and I always like to arrive to the airport at least three hours before departure (four hours in Montevideo) in order to take advantage of the airport lounge, where you eat and drink for free. And whatever is free, I buy…

Indeed, I am a bit Spartan myself thanks to my teenager experience in the “Workers Paradise” in the early 1960s (for more details, you may read my book about Cuba, sold by Amazon, but only in its original version – in French – and its Spanish translation) and I can live more than one night without a refrigerator, nor a hair dryer, nor a telephone, and not even a padded chair. Also, I can walk sideways like the crab to go from the small window to the “bathroom” because there is not enough space between the bed and the wall to walk normally...

I can also accept the tiny “bathroom” (I had none during three years when I was seventeen) made of a plastic bloc containing a tiny sink, a small toilet and a tiny shower, one foot above the linoleum floor level. I even survived when I slipped in one of my previous trips, as I stepped down from that bloc on a wet linoleum floor with my rubber slippers and hit my head with the edge of the bloc. So be careful that it doesn’t happen to you. In the US, I know people who would have sued the hotel but in Europe they would just laugh at you!

Nevertheless, I have been there several times because this place has three important advantages:

First, it is cheap: I have always paid 29 Euros for the night without breakfast, whether in March, August or December in the past few years. Although I once saw that they were asking 70 Euros per night without breakfast! I assume that whoever decided that rate, must have had too much fermented grape juice that day…

Secondly, it is ONLY ONE STOP FROM CDG 1 AND TWO STOPS FROM CDG 2 terminals by the RER, which means that you will reach CDG 2 in only about ten minutes once you are in the train. Also, it only takes me less than five minutes walking normally between the hotel and RER “Parc des Expositions” station.

Of course, once you get off at CDG 2 train stop, you will then have to walk about twenty minutes to reach AA check in counter…

And if you leave from CDG 1, you must get off the RER at CDG 1 station (“Roissy Pôle”), go upstairs, exit the RER, then go downstairs and take CDGVAL, an automatic railed free shuttle going from CDG 1 (United Airlines, Lufthansa) to “Roissy Pôle” and CDG 2, (American Airlines, Delta, British Airways) where the RER has its last stop. We have the same concept in Miami, known as “Metro Mover”, without a conductor.

This hotel is in transportation zone 4 BUT CDG is in zone 5, so make sure to buy your weekly card for zones 1 to 5, which is good from Monday to Sunday included.

Otherwise, if you don’t have a weekly card and want to avoid the outrageously high fare for just one station by train, you can also take a DIRECT BUS right outside of the RER station, which will take you to “Roissy Pôle”, where you will be able to take the abovementioned free CDGVAL to go, either to CDG 1 or to CDG 2. In this case, you will only need one bus ticket. Remember to buy your tickets by packs of ten at any RER or Métro, or you will have to pay twice as much if you buy them one by one on the bus.

If you read my review about the “Quality Suites Bibliothèque François Mitterrand” on Rue de Tolbiac in Paris (France, of course, not Paris Texas!), you will learn how to go from CDG to the city center with only three bus tickets, which will allow you to take several busses going in the same direction during 90 minutes without paying again.

Finally, this hotel has an HONEST CANCELLATION POLICY: you may cancel until 6 p.m. on the day of arrival, the way it used to be; unlike more and more hotels which have what I consider a very dishonest cancellation policy, asking you to cancel 24 or even 48 hours before the day or arrival or you will lose your money. Dishonest indeed (let’s not be afraid to use the appropriate adjective) because every time that one of my flights has been cancelled (which has happened more than two dozen times in the past forty years, from Pan Am to American, including United, Air France and Delta), that has always happened at the very last minute, never a day before! Between May 2010 and November 2011, three of my AA flights have been cancelled at the very last minute! Unfortunately, more and more hotels are getting away with this dishonest policy simply because people accept it, which I systematically refuse.

But at this “Première Classe” hotel, you will not take that risk because their deadline to cancel (at least so far) is the day of arrival at 6 pm.

Spartan comfort indeed, but for only 29 Euros, which converts roughly to around $36 tax included but without breakfast a/o August 2012, that’s a very good price in Europe.

Room Tip: All rooms are identical except for handicapped rooms which are a bit bigger, with a big bathroom on...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Efrin_Knight
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on the outskirts of Paris on a number of occasions, but I have always been working at the exhibition centre and the entrance is two minute walk away.

Sometimes the reception is closed and you will be redirected to the hotel next door. It really isn't a problem, unless the receptionist treats you like a second class citizen, in which case you should return the attitude.

Many of the rooms have been refurbished with new furniture, fabrics and lighting. Other rooms include additional beds for families and they will always be very cramped. The biggest let down in this hotel are the bathrooms. You can literally sit on the loo and have a wash in the sink at the same time. Showers are also very cramped and water will cover the whole of the bathroom floor and into the bedroom if the door is left open.

I have always been happy with the breakfast but it is only bread, butter, jam, juice, tea and coffee. If you want a bigger variety you can use the hotel next door and fork out 14 euros instead of 4 euros. WiFi is available but only in reception, it is free.

The train station is a two minute walk away. You can purchase a ticket for 9 euros which will entitle you to use trains, metro,buses and even the furnicular up to Sacre Cour, for the whole day, a bargain.

The hotel is clean, comfortable and convenient to the airport (one stop on train). The area is safe, even at night if walk from train station, but the are no restaurants within walking distance unless you wish to use the restaurant in the hotel next door. Unfortunately although the food is very good the prices are extortionate.

Room Tip: Request a room that has been recently refurbished.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This is a cheap hotel just 2 stops from the Paris CDG Airport located in Paris Zone 4. It's very near to the RER B train station & takes about 30-40 mins by this suburban RER train to reach Paris Centre.(Zone 1-3) where most of the famous attractions are.

Stayed here for 2 nights with my better half in March , we got a neat & clean double room. Although the rooms were a bit small, but it was fine for us for spending 2 nights & also we were able to reach Paris downtown within 30-40 mins. Disneyland is located 30-35 mins from this hotel.You can catch a direct train to reach Disneyland from RER B.

Be aware, the place is a bit isolated at night, but the hotel is situated just few steps away from the train station, so it wasn't such a big issue for us.
.Also, you need to check in in the Kyriad hotel which is situated just next to this hotel to receive your keys of the hotel room for your booking.

Overall, this is a good hotel to stay if you are looking to catch an early morning flight or wanting to explore Paris with a cheap accommodation.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed in the hotel midweek and paid around 50 pounds for 2 nights, this was great for what we wanted which was basically a base for somewhere to sleep. Rooms were small and the bathroom was small also but very clean. The hotel is leterally round the corner from the RER train station 2 stops to the airport where we got our connection to disney 1 day and to paris the next. For the price which is at least half what I seen anywhere else I would highly recommend as somewhere to sleep.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank claw1710
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Minimalistc room, OK for one but cramped for a couple, tiny storage and very small bathroom (caravan style).
Wifi on and off, breakfast bearable but dining room small.
Overall clean and quiet, we had meals at the adjascent hotel Kyrriad, nice but expensive (like everywhere in Paris).
5 minutes walk to the train station, 30 to town and max 10 to the show.

Room Tip: Some rooms are even smaller than others
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Lucie H
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My guess is we were put into a handicap room. The bathroom had a sink, toilet and shower curtain with a drain in the middle of the floor. Nothing to keep the water from the shower flooding the bathroom floor. The water even leaked into the hallway. I'm again guessing this is why the bathroom smelled so bad. I would never, ever stay here or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidinKirkland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Villepinte
Kyriad Roissy Villepinte - Parc des Expositions
Premiere Classe Roissy Charles De Gaulle - Paris Nord 2
Premiere Classe Roissy Charles D...
#24 of 31 in Roissy-en-France
Ibis Styles Parc des Expositions de Villepinte
Ibis Styles Parc des Expositions...
#27 of 31 in Roissy-en-France
hotelF1 Villepinte
hotelF1 Villepinte
#28 of 31 in Roissy-en-France
B&B Hotel Paris Nord Villepinte
Campanile Villepinte - Parc Des Expositions

Been to Premiere Classe Roissy - Villepinte - Parc Des Expositions? Share your experiences!