“Good Budget Hotel-Don't expect "Premiere Class"”

Premiere Classe Roissy - Villepinte - Parc Des Expositions
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Villepinte
Miami Beach, Florida
“Good Budget Hotel-Don't expect "Premiere Class"”
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Ok, here's the deal. As everyone else here has stated, the hotel is great if you're on a budget. Don't expect "premiere class" or anything else. This hotel is not for picky people. It is very clean, in a good area, and a CHEAP place to rest your head. My review is as follows:

-It is literally 5 mins. walking distance from the train station (Parc des Expositions)
-About 30mins from central Paris (ok for me, as it gave me a chance to read my "Paris for Dummies" & "French for Dummies" books ;)
-Great hot water & shower pressure (especially after walking Paris) but becareful because most of the small "cabin sized" bathroom does get wet.
-WIFI sucks
-NO Hairdryer (a must for most girls), No telephone & No refrigerator in the rooms
-wooden floors (again be careful you don't slip after showering)
-The beds are comfortable - initially the sheets smelled funny (wet-mildewy) but had them changed with no problem.
-Small desk & TV in the room
-Receptionist is ONLY there 3hrs in the morning & 3 hrs in the evenining. This is clearly stated when you book your hotel. If you have a problem or need anything extra you have to go next door to "Kyriad hotel".
-Breakfast & Lunch availble - but of course, you gotta pay (don't know how much, since I didn't partake).

Additional experience:

Coming out of the train station a male passerby pointed me in the right direction to the hotel without me having to ask anything (You make a left & walk about 2mins to the hotel. Great first impression of the French, I must say). I got here after 10:30am & there was a posted sign at receptionist desk that said to go next door (I already knew that, thanks to our reviewers here). Being that I got here early, I went next door to the "Kyriad" to ask if I could leave my bags there in order to start my Paris experience. The male receptionist wasn't rude but wasn't welcoming either. He told me I could leave my bags but had to be back at 2pm promptly to pick them up. Being new to France and not knowing about their transportation system (or anything else for that matter) I was a bit weary I would get side tracked & not make it back on time, so I decided to wait the almost 4hrs until check in time. Myself & another gentleman fell asleep in the lobby area waiting to check in. So, if you come early, beware of this. I honestly don't know what happens if you don't return at the designated time. :/

Days later (on my bus trip to CDG, see below) I met 2 Venezuelan ladies staying at Premiere Class that said they had a very bad experience w/ a white male at the "Kyriads" front desk. They told me they got to the hotel around 10pm & headed next door with all their luggage to check in & that the male didn't ask them anything nor did they say anything to him & that he just picked up the phone, said a few things & then told them "no taxi". Dumbfounded, they tried explaining they were there to check in. After asking them for their ID, he gave them their room keys & rudely told them to go next door. In my opinion, even though this is not Premiere Class' front desk, it does give a bad impression of it with customer service like this.

About the room: Yes the beds are comfortable but you have limited space. The bathroom gets wet easily, be careful upon exiting. Your room key (paper card) doubles as your access card in the elevator (after hours) and it is also used to turn on the lights in the room. The front desk tells you, you only need to drop the card in the slot & then take it out in order to have the lights on, but this was not so. I had to leave my card in the slot the entire time I was in the room in order to have the light & TV on otherwise it would shut off.

Also, a word of advice for newcomers like myself (which I learnt the hard way); ***You need a universal adaptor, which front desk at the Kyriad can provide for you but you must leave your ID. The watts are different in Paris (and I believe Europe for that matter). After some research, I learned that American voltage is 110 and European voltage is 220. Of course, all my friends knew this and no one bothered to tell me. What does this mean? Well here goes:

- for one, my cell phone would get charged w/ no problem, but it didn't last long. The power diminished within 2-4hrs without me using it! (I noticed because I used this as my alarm).
-Secondly, and the funniest (I can laugh about it now) DON'T USE ANY APPLIANCE WITH PLASTIC ON IT...IT WILL MELT!!!!! I was doing my hair with my curling iron. I had finished half of my hair when I started to do the other half (in retrospect, I did smell a burnt odor, but I thought it was the residue of hairspray on the barrel of the iron). Anyways, I start to "unroll" a front part of my hair when suddenly SPLAT! the entire front part of my hair felll in front of me!! MON DIEU!!! I was so shocked, I just sat there staring at the strand for a long time (granted it must've been seconds). Of course, half a million things went through my head in those seconds (one of them thinking I had some undetected disease! lol) until I realized later the melted part of the curling iron burnt my hair! (see photo)

Ok, now that you had your laugh, on to the next thing. This is just a tidbit of Paris' transportation system and my way of understanding it because initially I was confused & didn't know what one thing and the other meant(again for newcomers) The METRO is for Paris itself (inside the Périphérique) the RER trains are the trains that take you outside of Paris (for ex: to this hotel). Paris is made up of zones and there are different tickets you could buy in order to go to each one. The one that suited me best, was the All-in-one 5day pass that gave me unlimited boarding to Buses, METRO & RER trains. Initially I thought it was a bit expensive, but in the end, I was glad I bought it because I used it several times a day to several sites. Most of these trains intertwine at certain train stations & sometimes you don't know which one is which.

When booking this hotel, especially if you're staying during the weekend, check the RER train schedule. Maintenance had to be done during the weekend of my stay (Sept. 15-16) The train terminated at Aulnay-su-Bois & I had to catch a bus from there to the hotel (which doubled my time) and vice versa. The maintenance was then extended to Monday & the bus from "Parc des Expositions" to "Aulnay-su-Bois" was discontinued. Therefore I had to get a bus to Charles de Gaulle & from there switch to another bus that was headed to the nearest train station ( I believe "Mitry-Claye"). It took me 3hrs to get to Paris on this day!! I'm not exaggerating on the time. Tourists at Charles de Gaulle were completely lost! There was a sign posted outside Parc des Expositions stating there would be no service on RER B train until June 7th, 2013. (see photo)

Room Tip: -get a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank MERZ33

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Stayed 4 nights in August 2012....book in advance and it is about $30 per night, 2 blocks from train station. Very clean, excellent housekeeping service daily, but very compact. Not for uptight people....you only sleep in the room, otherwise you should be sightseeing! Perfect for 1 night layover even. The neighborhood is very safe as it is an office park. There is Speedy Rabbit pizza and Quick burger within reasonable walking distance about 10 minutes. It is very convenient if you have alot of luggage as it is only 2 stops from Charles de Gaulle Airport.....but traveling to Paris is about a 30 minute train ride, so be patient. On return trip from Paris, try to avoid the Gare du Nord station and Chatelet les Halles stations to get on...they are very busy and crowded. Try to get on the line farther south and grab a seat as the train will fill up as it moves north towards the airport. Also pay attention to which train you are on as the line splits at the end.....the train you want is the KROL as of August 2012. Staff at this hotel makes you feel like you are bothering them...this is my only criticism. But, you should definitely eat at the Speedy Rabbit...they are great and very welcoming to France! WIFI at this hotel sucks! Cant upload to facebook, so beat this in mind.

Room Tip: rooms are small but a good value...be flexible and save some money..stay here!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank murf1968
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Stayed for 2 nights with my 2 children (2yrs and 7 months) as part of a large group. Hotel was basic but clean and comfortable which was all we needed as we were just needing somewhere to sleep whilst we toured Paris. When we arrived I asked at reception about the travel cot we had booked. Was told they were in the room. Went and checked all rooms in our party, no cot, returned to reception which was closed! Found receptionist at hotel next door and managed to get a cot taken to our room - but not without some rudeness. So the rooms are VERY tight and when we tried to put the cot up, it wouldn't fit anywhere! Even when we moved all the other furniture, no capacity for baby to sleep with me as the rooms have 2 single beds and a high bunk which wouldn't have been suitable for me with the baby or my 2 yr old son. Fortunately my parents were in the adjoining room so we opened the doors and put the cot in the opening!!! Not sure what we would have done if we had been on our own!

Room Tip: Be aware that the rooms are very very tight!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Clermont-Ferrand, France
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 1 night which was 29€(for a Monday, 1 night, 2 adult room) and strictly for location this place cannot be beat for the price! It is less than a 5 minute walk to the RER station which is 1 stop or roughly 10 minutes by train to the CDG airport, or about 40minutes into downtown Paris.

Luckily there was a parking spot available otherwise the parking is paid and is quite pricy, I believe it was 15€ a night but I may be wrong.

The hotel advertises itself to be air conditioned but it is not. The room itself as well as the lobby had no sign of AC and the doors had to be opened and the window of our room was left open all night so that it would not be so muggy.

The hotel also advertises free wifi access throughout. Not only could I not find the network that is noted in the info pamphlet in the room but the other available networks could not connect. I could not connect to my iPod nor my phone in my room or the lobby.

The "reception" was non-existant. Upon arrival there was no one there. Upon departure there was no one there. God forbid we had a problem there was not a sign of anyone who works for the hotel in sight. Thankfully the hotel is attached to another hotel (the mark I cannot remember but it is probably the luxury version of this chain) and the reception there was able to check us in and take our card at departure.

If you are only staying for a night or 2 and plan to be outside your room for the entire trip minus sleeping then this is probably your best bet as it's location is ideal, the beds were comfy and the hotel is relatively clean.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Sterling Heights
Reviewed 17 August 2012

This was a decent hotel for the price. Far cheaper to book online, it's like 45 euros if you book the hotel when you walk in and like around 29 when you book online. The reception wasn't bad, they're friendly and helpful. However, like others have stated the rooms are very small. Overall, my experience at this hotel wasn't bad. What I really liked about the hotel is that it's right next to the RER B train station, literally.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maria C
Strabane, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2012

we stayed here on way to south of france, wanted to visit Paris. Its very tiny & the bunk bed over top of two single beds makes it feel more cramped. As we were only here for one night we Wanted somewhere cheap, clean & near train station for sight seeing. Its perfect in respect of all that. Reception was located at hotel next door not a problem as this was well noted when we booked & written very clearly on door. The train station is literally a 1 minute walk from hotel ideal for returning from very long day sightseeing. Only thing was our train stopped in middle of nowhere suburb & it took a good while to discover the train line was down & buses had been laid on for stranded passengers. It all added to the adventure & eventually exhausted we arrived back to hotel. Nice, safe area well lit. The beds were some of the most comfortable we stayed in. The hotel is very cheap & for that I was expecting it to be poor but cleanliness was top knotch & the bed was first class. JUST WATCH OUT FOR THE TINIEST BATHROOM IN THE WORLD BE WARNED

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank georgina w
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 9 August 2012

“First Class” is what we call an “oxymoron” in the Academia… There is nothing “first” nor “classy” in this place except in the name!

If you are willing to sleep in a closet without AC, without a refrigerator or a microwave, and with not even a hair dryer or a telephone, this is the place!

True, the exterior is modern and appealing, but rooms are as basic as in the ETAP WIEN MESSE in Vienna (the real one, in Austria!) where I stayed several days last May, and for which I already posted a review right here, in Trip Advisor.

Except that my room in Vienna was much bigger than these rooms at the “Première Classe”, of which I have tried a good dozen because that’s where I stay whenever I’m flying out of Paris Charles De Gaulle airport the next day early in the morning.

My last visit there goes back to Friday, December 16, 2011, because I was taking AA 63 as usual the following morning at 10 a.m. and I always like to arrive to the airport at least three hours before departure (four hours in Montevideo) in order to take advantage of the airport lounge, where you eat and drink for free. And whatever is free, I buy…

Indeed, I am a bit Spartan myself thanks to my teenager experience in the “Workers Paradise” in the early 1960s (for more details, you may read my book about Cuba, sold by Amazon, but only in its original version – in French – and its Spanish translation) and I can live more than one night without a refrigerator, nor a hair dryer, nor a telephone, and not even a padded chair. Also, I can walk sideways like the crab to go from the small window to the “bathroom” because there is not enough space between the bed and the wall to walk normally...

I can also accept the tiny “bathroom” (I had none during three years when I was seventeen) made of a plastic bloc containing a tiny sink, a small toilet and a tiny shower, one foot above the linoleum floor level. I even survived when I slipped in one of my previous trips, as I stepped down from that bloc on a wet linoleum floor with my rubber slippers and hit my head with the edge of the bloc. So be careful that it doesn’t happen to you. In the US, I know people who would have sued the hotel but in Europe they would just laugh at you!

Nevertheless, I have been there several times because this place has three important advantages:

First, it is cheap: I have always paid 29 Euros for the night without breakfast, whether in March, August or December in the past few years. Although I once saw that they were asking 70 Euros per night without breakfast! I assume that whoever decided that rate, must have had too much fermented grape juice that day…

Secondly, it is ONLY ONE STOP FROM CDG 1 AND TWO STOPS FROM CDG 2 terminals by the RER, which means that you will reach CDG 2 in only about ten minutes once you are in the train. Also, it only takes me less than five minutes walking normally between the hotel and RER “Parc des Expositions” station.

Of course, once you get off at CDG 2 train stop, you will then have to walk about twenty minutes to reach AA check in counter…

And if you leave from CDG 1, you must get off the RER at CDG 1 station (“Roissy Pôle”), go upstairs, exit the RER, then go downstairs and take CDGVAL, an automatic railed free shuttle going from CDG 1 (United Airlines, Lufthansa) to “Roissy Pôle” and CDG 2, (American Airlines, Delta, British Airways) where the RER has its last stop. We have the same concept in Miami, known as “Metro Mover”, without a conductor.

This hotel is in transportation zone 4 BUT CDG is in zone 5, so make sure to buy your weekly card for zones 1 to 5, which is good from Monday to Sunday included.

Otherwise, if you don’t have a weekly card and want to avoid the outrageously high fare for just one station by train, you can also take a DIRECT BUS right outside of the RER station, which will take you to “Roissy Pôle”, where you will be able to take the abovementioned free CDGVAL to go, either to CDG 1 or to CDG 2. In this case, you will only need one bus ticket. Remember to buy your tickets by packs of ten at any RER or Métro, or you will have to pay twice as much if you buy them one by one on the bus.

If you read my review about the “Quality Suites Bibliothèque François Mitterrand” on Rue de Tolbiac in Paris (France, of course, not Paris Texas!), you will learn how to go from CDG to the city center with only three bus tickets, which will allow you to take several busses going in the same direction during 90 minutes without paying again.

Finally, this hotel has an HONEST CANCELLATION POLICY: you may cancel until 6 p.m. on the day of arrival, the way it used to be; unlike more and more hotels which have what I consider a very dishonest cancellation policy, asking you to cancel 24 or even 48 hours before the day or arrival or you will lose your money. Dishonest indeed (let’s not be afraid to use the appropriate adjective) because every time that one of my flights has been cancelled (which has happened more than two dozen times in the past forty years, from Pan Am to American, including United, Air France and Delta), that has always happened at the very last minute, never a day before! Between May 2010 and November 2011, three of my AA flights have been cancelled at the very last minute! Unfortunately, more and more hotels are getting away with this dishonest policy simply because people accept it, which I systematically refuse.

But at this “Première Classe” hotel, you will not take that risk because their deadline to cancel (at least so far) is the day of arrival at 6 pm.

Spartan comfort indeed, but for only 29 Euros, which converts roughly to around $36 tax included but without breakfast a/o August 2012, that’s a very good price in Europe.

Room Tip: All rooms are identical except for handicapped rooms which are a bit bigger, with a big bathroom on...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Efrin_Knight
Also consider these accommodations in or near Villepinte
Premiere Classe Roissy Charles De Gaulle - Paris Nord 2
Premiere Classe Roissy Charles D...
#23 of 31 in Roissy-en-France
Kyriad Roissy Villepinte - Parc des Expositions
hotelF1 Villepinte
hotelF1 Villepinte
#28 of 31 in Roissy-en-France
Ibis Budget Roissy CDG Paris Nord 2
Ibis Budget Roissy CDG Paris Nor...
#18 of 31 in Roissy-en-France
Campanile Villepinte - Parc Des Expositions
Ibis Styles Parc des Expositions de Villepinte
Ibis Styles Parc des Expositions...
#26 of 31 in Roissy-en-France

Been to Premiere Classe Roissy - Villepinte - Parc Des Expositions? Share your experiences!