“Good Experience and a Money Saver”

Premiere Classe Roissy - Villepinte - Parc Des Expositions
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Villepinte
Reviewed 26 February 2013

This hotel seems to be designed for business travelers and not tourists. I was a tourist and found it more than acceptable. The people at the front desk were not always there...but when they were there they spoke English and were very friendly. Breakfast was included much to my surprise. The room was more than fine and bigger than many European rooms. The hotel is about 300 yards from the subway stop, so it was an easy walk. If you are planning to be in Paris for a number of days, and want to watch your expenses...I would highly recommend this hotel. Yes, it was a bit out of the city..but it was only an extra 15 minutes by subway to get there. Buy the weekly 1-5 zone subway pass and it will save you a ton of money for being willing to put an extra 15 minutes on your touring day before and after you head to the city center.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Premiere Classe Roissy - Villepinte - Parc Des Expositions

Reviewed 30 October 2012

Basic but clean hotel, if you are happy with a very basic hotel room..oh and very small! Then this is the hotel for you in Paris. Barely room to swing a cat in the room, let alone the tiny shower room! No wardrobe or room facilities and the joy of a bunk bed! which to be fair was more comfortable than the twin beds below. Good location for train station and parc des expositions but very little else in close proximity.

Room Tip: stayed on the 5th floor which is probably the best bet, with less room noise than rooms on other flo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Ok, here's the deal. As everyone else here has stated, the hotel is great if you're on a budget. Don't expect "premiere class" or anything else. This hotel is not for picky people. It is very clean, in a good area, and a CHEAP place to rest your head. My review is as follows:

-It is literally 5 mins. walking distance from the train station (Parc des Expositions)
-About 30mins from central Paris (ok for me, as it gave me a chance to read my "Paris for Dummies" & "French for Dummies" books ;)
-Great hot water & shower pressure (especially after walking Paris) but becareful because most of the small "cabin sized" bathroom does get wet.
-WIFI sucks
-NO Hairdryer (a must for most girls), No telephone & No refrigerator in the rooms
-wooden floors (again be careful you don't slip after showering)
-The beds are comfortable - initially the sheets smelled funny (wet-mildewy) but had them changed with no problem.
-Small desk & TV in the room
-Receptionist is ONLY there 3hrs in the morning & 3 hrs in the evenining. This is clearly stated when you book your hotel. If you have a problem or need anything extra you have to go next door to "Kyriad hotel".
-Breakfast & Lunch availble - but of course, you gotta pay (don't know how much, since I didn't partake).

Additional experience:

Coming out of the train station a male passerby pointed me in the right direction to the hotel without me having to ask anything (You make a left & walk about 2mins to the hotel. Great first impression of the French, I must say). I got here after 10:30am & there was a posted sign at receptionist desk that said to go next door (I already knew that, thanks to our reviewers here). Being that I got here early, I went next door to the "Kyriad" to ask if I could leave my bags there in order to start my Paris experience. The male receptionist wasn't rude but wasn't welcoming either. He told me I could leave my bags but had to be back at 2pm promptly to pick them up. Being new to France and not knowing about their transportation system (or anything else for that matter) I was a bit weary I would get side tracked & not make it back on time, so I decided to wait the almost 4hrs until check in time. Myself & another gentleman fell asleep in the lobby area waiting to check in. So, if you come early, beware of this. I honestly don't know what happens if you don't return at the designated time. :/

Days later (on my bus trip to CDG, see below) I met 2 Venezuelan ladies staying at Premiere Class that said they had a very bad experience w/ a white male at the "Kyriads" front desk. They told me they got to the hotel around 10pm & headed next door with all their luggage to check in & that the male didn't ask them anything nor did they say anything to him & that he just picked up the phone, said a few things & then told them "no taxi". Dumbfounded, they tried explaining they were there to check in. After asking them for their ID, he gave them their room keys & rudely told them to go next door. In my opinion, even though this is not Premiere Class' front desk, it does give a bad impression of it with customer service like this.

About the room: Yes the beds are comfortable but you have limited space. The bathroom gets wet easily, be careful upon exiting. Your room key (paper card) doubles as your access card in the elevator (after hours) and it is also used to turn on the lights in the room. The front desk tells you, you only need to drop the card in the slot & then take it out in order to have the lights on, but this was not so. I had to leave my card in the slot the entire time I was in the room in order to have the light & TV on otherwise it would shut off.

Also, a word of advice for newcomers like myself (which I learnt the hard way); ***You need a universal adaptor, which front desk at the Kyriad can provide for you but you must leave your ID. The watts are different in Paris (and I believe Europe for that matter). After some research, I learned that American voltage is 110 and European voltage is 220. Of course, all my friends knew this and no one bothered to tell me. What does this mean? Well here goes:

- for one, my cell phone would get charged w/ no problem, but it didn't last long. The power diminished within 2-4hrs without me using it! (I noticed because I used this as my alarm).
-Secondly, and the funniest (I can laugh about it now) DON'T USE ANY APPLIANCE WITH PLASTIC ON IT...IT WILL MELT!!!!! I was doing my hair with my curling iron. I had finished half of my hair when I started to do the other half (in retrospect, I did smell a burnt odor, but I thought it was the residue of hairspray on the barrel of the iron). Anyways, I start to "unroll" a front part of my hair when suddenly SPLAT! the entire front part of my hair felll in front of me!! MON DIEU!!! I was so shocked, I just sat there staring at the strand for a long time (granted it must've been seconds). Of course, half a million things went through my head in those seconds (one of them thinking I had some undetected disease! lol) until I realized later the melted part of the curling iron burnt my hair! (see photo)

Ok, now that you had your laugh, on to the next thing. This is just a tidbit of Paris' transportation system and my way of understanding it because initially I was confused & didn't know what one thing and the other meant(again for newcomers) The METRO is for Paris itself (inside the Périphérique) the RER trains are the trains that take you outside of Paris (for ex: to this hotel). Paris is made up of zones and there are different tickets you could buy in order to go to each one. The one that suited me best, was the All-in-one 5day pass that gave me unlimited boarding to Buses, METRO & RER trains. Initially I thought it was a bit expensive, but in the end, I was glad I bought it because I used it several times a day to several sites. Most of these trains intertwine at certain train stations & sometimes you don't know which one is which.

When booking this hotel, especially if you're staying during the weekend, check the RER train schedule. Maintenance had to be done during the weekend of my stay (Sept. 15-16) The train terminated at Aulnay-su-Bois & I had to catch a bus from there to the hotel (which doubled my time) and vice versa. The maintenance was then extended to Monday & the bus from "Parc des Expositions" to "Aulnay-su-Bois" was discontinued. Therefore I had to get a bus to Charles de Gaulle & from there switch to another bus that was headed to the nearest train station ( I believe "Mitry-Claye"). It took me 3hrs to get to Paris on this day!! I'm not exaggerating on the time. Tourists at Charles de Gaulle were completely lost! There was a sign posted outside Parc des Expositions stating there would be no service on RER B train until June 7th, 2013. (see photo)

Room Tip: -get a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank MERZ33
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Stayed 4 nights in August 2012....book in advance and it is about $30 per night, 2 blocks from train station. Very clean, excellent housekeeping service daily, but very compact. Not for uptight people....you only sleep in the room, otherwise you should be sightseeing! Perfect for 1 night layover even. The neighborhood is very safe as it is an office park. There is Speedy Rabbit pizza and Quick burger within reasonable walking distance about 10 minutes. It is very convenient if you have alot of luggage as it is only 2 stops from Charles de Gaulle Airport.....but traveling to Paris is about a 30 minute train ride, so be patient. On return trip from Paris, try to avoid the Gare du Nord station and Chatelet les Halles stations to get on...they are very busy and crowded. Try to get on the line farther south and grab a seat as the train will fill up as it moves north towards the airport. Also pay attention to which train you are on as the line splits at the end.....the train you want is the KROL as of August 2012. Staff at this hotel makes you feel like you are bothering them...this is my only criticism. But, you should definitely eat at the Speedy Rabbit...they are great and very welcoming to France! WIFI at this hotel sucks! Cant upload to facebook, so beat this in mind.

Room Tip: rooms are small but a good value...be flexible and save some money..stay here!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank murf1968
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Stayed for 2 nights with my 2 children (2yrs and 7 months) as part of a large group. Hotel was basic but clean and comfortable which was all we needed as we were just needing somewhere to sleep whilst we toured Paris. When we arrived I asked at reception about the travel cot we had booked. Was told they were in the room. Went and checked all rooms in our party, no cot, returned to reception which was closed! Found receptionist at hotel next door and managed to get a cot taken to our room - but not without some rudeness. So the rooms are VERY tight and when we tried to put the cot up, it wouldn't fit anywhere! Even when we moved all the other furniture, no capacity for baby to sleep with me as the rooms have 2 single beds and a high bunk which wouldn't have been suitable for me with the baby or my 2 yr old son. Fortunately my parents were in the adjoining room so we opened the doors and put the cot in the opening!!! Not sure what we would have done if we had been on our own!

Room Tip: Be aware that the rooms are very very tight!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 1 night which was 29€(for a Monday, 1 night, 2 adult room) and strictly for location this place cannot be beat for the price! It is less than a 5 minute walk to the RER station which is 1 stop or roughly 10 minutes by train to the CDG airport, or about 40minutes into downtown Paris.

Luckily there was a parking spot available otherwise the parking is paid and is quite pricy, I believe it was 15€ a night but I may be wrong.

The hotel advertises itself to be air conditioned but it is not. The room itself as well as the lobby had no sign of AC and the doors had to be opened and the window of our room was left open all night so that it would not be so muggy.

The hotel also advertises free wifi access throughout. Not only could I not find the network that is noted in the info pamphlet in the room but the other available networks could not connect. I could not connect to my iPod nor my phone in my room or the lobby.

The "reception" was non-existant. Upon arrival there was no one there. Upon departure there was no one there. God forbid we had a problem there was not a sign of anyone who works for the hotel in sight. Thankfully the hotel is attached to another hotel (the mark I cannot remember but it is probably the luxury version of this chain) and the reception there was able to check us in and take our card at departure.

If you are only staying for a night or 2 and plan to be outside your room for the entire trip minus sleeping then this is probably your best bet as it's location is ideal, the beds were comfy and the hotel is relatively clean.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2012

This was a decent hotel for the price. Far cheaper to book online, it's like 45 euros if you book the hotel when you walk in and like around 29 when you book online. The reception wasn't bad, they're friendly and helpful. However, like others have stated the rooms are very small. Overall, my experience at this hotel wasn't bad. What I really liked about the hotel is that it's right next to the RER B train station, literally.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maria C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Villepinte
Kyriad Roissy Villepinte - Parc des Expositions
Premiere Classe Roissy Charles De Gaulle - Paris Nord 2
Premiere Classe Roissy Charles D...
#24 of 31 in Roissy-en-France
B&B Hotel Paris Nord Villepinte
hotelF1 Villepinte
hotelF1 Villepinte
#28 of 31 in Roissy-en-France
Ibis Styles Parc des Expositions de Villepinte
Ibis Styles Parc des Expositions...
#27 of 31 in Roissy-en-France
Ibis Budget Roissy CDG Paris Nord 2
Ibis Budget Roissy CDG Paris Nor...
#18 of 31 in Roissy-en-France

Been to Premiere Classe Roissy - Villepinte - Parc Des Expositions? Share your experiences!